Edinburgh City

Guest Landan Spiv

City official page on facebook have a list of released players this morning. Pat Scullion, JGT, Beattie, Harrison, Mckee, El Alagui, McLear all contracts not being renewed. Shepherd, Taylor, Morrison, Shiels, Blues all return to parent clubs 

Thoughts City Fans? 

Guest Landan Spiv
6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Surprised Tena has been released, thought he'd be an absolute standout in League 2. Was he pish?

Had his moments of idiocy but looked very assured and was good on the ball. I personally would have loved to have seen him sign another contract. 

Edited by Landan Spiv
Typo

Surprised Tena has been released, thought he'd be an absolute standout in League 2. Was he pish?

Maybe he’s left to try his arm at a Full Time move again, he absolutely strolled the 2 games I seen him this season.

Maybe he’s left to try his arm at a Full Time move again, he absolutely strolled the 2 games I seen him this season.

Quite possibly. Although the update does state he wasn't offered a contract.

I suppose he could've informed the club they were wasting their time as he was leaving anyway so they didn't bother.

I wasn't terribly impressed by Tena.

I thought Beats was a coach so surprised at that.

I'd have kept Pat despite the odd moist moment.

Farid's past it.

McLear was a short term signing by the look of things

I'd have kept McKee.

So that's only John Dunn out of the Lowland League winning team left.

I liked Taylor, Shepherd, Morrison and Blues but they were just on loan. I think I blinked and missed Shields.

I suppose we'll just be getting in a whole load of loans again but there's a bit of team rebuilding job on the management's hands. We'll have to wait and see whether the current management turn out to be Mr Stubbs or Mr O'Reilly.

6 hours ago, Landan Spiv said:

City official page on facebook have a list of released players this morning. Pat Scullion, JGT, Beattie, Harrison, Mckee, El Alagui, McLear all contracts not being renewed. Shepherd, Taylor, Morrison, Shiels, Blues all return to parent clubs 

Thoughts City Fans? 

I'd have kept most of those released ones, but got rid of 1 or 2 who we seem to be stuck with!

34 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I wasn't terribly impressed by Tena.

I thought Beats was a coach so surprised at that.

I'd have kept Pat despite the odd moist moment.

Farid's past it.

McLear was a short term signing by the look of things

I'd have kept McKee.

So that's only John Dunn out of the Lowland League winning team left.

I liked Taylor, Shepherd, Morrison and Blues but they were just on loan. I think I blinked and missed Shields.

I suppose we'll just be getting in a whole load of loans again but there's a bit of team rebuilding job on the management's hands. We'll have to wait and see whether the current management turn out to be Mr Stubbs or Mr O'Reilly.

Agree with most of that Tam!

About the Loans.  Am I right? they don't come until September which means we'll be sh1te at the start of the season?

Guest Landan Spiv
2 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Agree with most of that Tam!

About the Loans.  Am I right? they don't come until September which means we'll be sh1te at the start of the season?

I'd have deffo kept Beattie as a coach or assistant manager. I'd have tried to seal a deal for Tena. Scullion is a shame because he was at a club where people actually like him and he could've grown in confidence with us. I liked him anyway. The loans I'd have loved to have stayed apart from Morrison. Shiels looked superb in the one game I saw him in. McLear was quiet but I'd have given him until January to improve and blend into the club a bit better. Not going to comment on a couple of the players we have kept but I'm sure I know who Tenkay is on about. No news on Antell which is good because he is a good goalkeeper. We really need a solid squad now and not a team full of loanees because they're never going to fully bond or gel. Apparently Blair Henderson is on his way to us according to the Annan thread. John Dunn I'm glad is staying on, personally I'd like to see Andrew Stobie back from Spartans as Antell needs competition in the sticks. I really hope we just go for it this season. Don't want to witness some of the stuff I saw last season again especially in the really late stages of the season(the hoofball tactics). 

Edited by Landan Spiv
Typo

Guest Landan Spiv

Anyone know what the situation is with Karadachki? I know he was injured all last season but did anyone see if he was good enough in the very short time he had on the pitch? 

18 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

I'd have deffo kept Beattie as a coach or assistant manager. I'd have tried to seal a deal for Tena. Scullion is a shame because he was at a club where people actually like him and he could've grown in confidence with us. I liked him anyway. The loans I'd have loved to have stayed apart from Morrison. Shiels looked superb in the one game I saw him in. McLear was quiet but I'd have given him until January to improve and blend into the club a bit better. Not going to comment on a couple of the players we have kept but I'm sure I know who Tenkay is on about. No news on Antell which is good because he is a good goalkeeper. We really need a solid squad now and not a team full of loanees because they're never going to fully bond or gel. Apparently Blair Henderson is on his way to us according to the Annan thread. John Dunn I'm glad is staying on, personally I'd like to see Andrew Stobie back from Spartans as Antell needs competition in the sticks. I really hope we just go for it this season. Don't want to witness some of the stuff I saw last season again especially in the really late stages of the season(the hoofball tactics). 

I'd be amazed if big Beattie has left the club?  Outstanding at centre half, and assistant manager.

Tena, Not for me. Glad he's gone. 

Not sure which couple of players left you don't rate spiv?   but mine was JD.....

Yes Antell needs competition, I think he already has it but McDonagh won't give the other goalie a chance.

Overall the big clearout, seems the manager wants to create his own team to (hopefully!) push on forward next season.

Guest Landan Spiv
13 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

I'd be amazed if big Beattie has left the club?  Outstanding at centre half, and assistant manager.

Tena, Not for me. Glad he's gone. 

Not sure which couple of players left you don't rate spiv?   but mine was JD.....

Yes Antell needs competition, I think he already has it but McDonagh won't give the other goalie a chance.

Overall the big clearout, seems the manager wants to create his own team to (hopefully!) push on forward next season.

I'm not gonna say because I wanna see if they get back to their potential 1st half of next season. Time will tell I suppose. I disagree that Antell has competition. I don't think Fraser Morton is ready at all for the step up to 1st team goalie but hopefully he is kept in the squad at under 20s and nurtured the right way so he becomes a regular in the future. Like seeing players from our youth system make the grade and become first team regulars . I agree about Beattie. He will be missed at the back, really hope he does stay in some sort of coaching role. We need to get deals done early and build the squad to gel in pre season. Few loans for back up only in case of injuries and the inevitable city suspensions. The jist I'm getting is the club want to do that. They never released any info on players leaving last season at all but now they are and have announced season tickets early so I reckon(i really hope) that something very good is going to be built for next season. 

Zak looked not too bad in the few games I saw of him at the start of the season. Hopefully he'll be back and then we can fully assess him. 

Fraser Morton played in a win over Berwick early in the season and acquitted himself well. 

As for hoofball, most clubs in this league seem to resort to it sooner or later! The best footballing side I saw last season was....

..Bonnyrigg Rose in the Juniors which might tell you something! 

Guest Landan Spiv
13 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

phead8.thumb.jpg.1476464beddb3519dcef502c80857626.jpg

Farewell Sweet Prince. May flights of angels guide you to your.......free transfer to Spartans :(

Id rather him gon there then score against us for a league 2 club next season. He's got form of doing that that's why I'm glad we signed him in January 

Guest Landan Spiv
2 hours ago, Mocochinchi said:

Thought Beattie may stay on in a coaching role but...IMG_2353.jpg

Good luck to Craig Beattie at Elgin. Hopefully he doesn't score against us or play a blinder at the back against whoever our front line is next season.  Wish him all the best though he was superb for City over the 2 seasons he was with us. 

Edited by Landan Spiv
Typo