Edinburgh City

16 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Edin Lynch did Stenny a really good turn last season, and is lovely guy who strikes me as a consummate professional. He's not Fabio Cannavaro, but when it comes to the basics of being a defender (e.g heading and kicking) he'll happily do it all day long. I imagine he'll do a good job for you guys.

Yeah, this is 100 per cent spot on. There's not a lot of football going on there but Edin Lynch is big and strong and will do the basics well enough. I think he's probably better used at right-back than through the middle, I must add.

Lynch ended up becoming a bit of a cult hero during his season at Stenhousemuir and is a smashing boy. I wish him well.

4 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Are they SPFL ignoring their own rules now?

I wouldn’t be surprised, they make it up as they go along.

On another note, I’m not sure how they are being allowed to sign new players when I know for a fact that they owe some of their ex players money.

6 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

On another note, I’m not sure how they are being allowed to sign new players when I know for a fact that they owe some of their ex players money.

Quite rightly they would still be under a transfer embargo if all payments hadn’t been made.  The fact that they’re announcing signings pretty much in bulk now suggests that has recently been completed.

2 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:

3rd signing is Mark Weir from the Bino’s

Must admit, when I saw Robertson & Lynch, I thought “they’d both have done a job for us”…then when I read Weir, I had to laugh.

I’ve been critical of Weir since he joined Stirling, he’s a big lad and it’s a little bit embarrassing having someone that size in goals at this level. His physique makes a mockery of those players who really look after themselves. Does he have the ability to back it up……I’m not sure he does, he’s slow at getting down and is hesitant at coming for crosses.

Although he had spells as First Choice Goalkeeper at the end of each season, he was probably never first choice here, so maybe playing weekly will get him in shape and will sharpen up the slackness. You can only hope because Weir is another top lad, who deserves a good crack at it.

Wish him well at Edinburgh!!

3 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Must admit, when I saw Robertson & Lynch, I thought “they’d both have done a job for us”…then when I read Weir, I had to laugh.

I’ve been critical of Weir since he joined Stirling, he’s a big lad and it’s a little bit embarrassing having someone that size in goals at this level. His physique makes a mockery of those players who really look after themselves. Does he have the ability to back it up……I’m not sure he does, he’s slow at getting down and is hesitant at coming for crosses.

Although he had spells as First Choice Goalkeeper at the end of each season, he was probably never first choice here, so maybe playing weekly will get him in shape and will sharpen up the slackness. You can only hope because Weir is another top lad, who deserves a good crack at it.

Cheers for the honesty, from someone that had to witness Sam Ramsbottom in goals for City during the league cup last season it can only be an improvement.

41 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Made a decent reaction save last night 

Last night’s game finished 3-3. City played what you’d arguably call their “best eleven” in the first half and made changes as it went on. 

The team was as follows:

1. Mark Weir
2. Sam Gormley 
3.Quinn Mitchell 
4. Jon Robertson
5. Lewis McArthur
6. Edin Lynch 
7. James Stokes 
8. Sam Jones
9. Connor Young 
10. Jason Jarvis
11. Innes Lawson

Looks like no more announcements from the club tonight, so here’s the last few we saw last night as ARF and a couple of others mentioned above.

Connor Young signs from Clyde

Jason Jarvis signs from Bonnyrigg Rose

Innes Lawson from Civil Service Strollers

There were a few subs that we got the surnames from the back of their shirts but others were blank so possibly still trialists.