Money in the Bank 2016

Next stop in WWE's new era is the Money in the Bank PPV. Once again we'll have a massive ladder match to determine who will be in possession of the prestigious briefcase. Who ever wins the match will basically guarantee themselves a title run. Lets hope this doesn't lead to another Sandow moment or the potentially woeful booking of having Sheamus as the holder.

This new era so far has provided us with stinking build ups but when it comes down to it, the wrestling itself has actually been pretty solid. Expecting no different from this PPV either. MITB ladder match always delivers and we have Seth Rollins back to reclaim what is rightfully his from THE GUY.

I could have easily had this thread up after I had watched the recent Smackdown but thought I'd better watch this Raw to see what happened. I'll tell you what happened, absolutely nothing. The list of matches I had set aside last week did not change at all. The only mystery is who the 7th person in the ladder match will be.

Also, there is this classic theme to enjoy at this time of year too.

Confirmed Matches:

The Lucha Dragons vs The Dudley Boyz (Kickoff Match).

The Golden Truth vs Breezango (Kickoff Match).

Dolph Ziggler vs Baron Corbin.

Apollo Crews vs Sheamus.

Charlotte & Dana Brooke vs Natalya & Becky Lynch.

Rusev vs Titus O'Neil for the United States Championship.

New Day vs Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs The Vaudevillains for the WWE Tag Team Championships.

John Cena vs AJ Styles.

Sami Zayn vs Cesaro vs Chris Jericho vs Dean Ambrose vs Kevin Owens vs Alberto Del Rio vs in a MITB Ladder Match.

Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

Current IC champion Miz, who has been brilliant, sadly has no feud as of right now, so I really hope there's a development for him soon, he's having a great run.

post-34621-0-20819400-1466209964_thumb.jpost-34621-0-91040800-1466209982_thumb.jpost-34621-0-12411000-1465864892_thumb.jpost-34621-0-81716100-1465908085_thumb.jpost-34621-0-51888800-1465864856_thumb.jpost-34621-0-39404500-1465651658_thumb.jpost-34621-0-81496800-1465651683_thumb.jpost-34621-0-95504900-1464998333_thumb.jpost-34621-0-51342500-1465651698_thumb.jpost-34621-0-79954700-1464665662_thumb.j

post-34621-0-70253600-1464665849_thumb.j

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely AJ Styles won't lose again? My money would be on an AJ win with interference from Gallows & Anderson then we'll get Cena plus whoever to win the next fight in a 3 on 3 or even 3 on 2 match. They really need to keep AJ Styles strong here but they'll no doubt f**k it up.

I'd really like to see a Women's MITB match.  Or, if you're worried about putting that many women in such a dangerous match, cut it down to just the really talented ones and make it a ladder match for the title.  Charlotte, Becky, Sasha and Paige would put on a great match, and I suppose there's always the chance of Bailey being promoted post-Takeover.

Interesting to see who number 7 is in the ladder match - my money was on Cena, but that's unlikely now.  ADR was rumoured, but that would be a bit of an anti-climax.  Could be Miz I suppose, meh.

Keep seeing the suggestion of a women's mitb match. Each time Charlotte is mentioned too. Why would the champion be in it?!?! They wouldn't have that match anyway.

Why not? Fair enough on Charlotte but it'd make sense so as they have two on the show. Otherwise it's a bit meaningless to have the PPV at all now.

Keep seeing the suggestion of a women's mitb match. Each time Charlotte is mentioned too. Why would the champion be in it?!?! They wouldn't have that match anyway.

Doesn't need to be a MITB match.  Have a ladder match for the Women's title.  Or drop Charlotte and have it for a briefcase.  The former would work better as they could limit it to those that wouldn't try and kill anyone in the ring.  You could still get a decent group together sans Charlotte though.

Becky, Sasha, Paige and Natalya could all easily pull it off. 

Del Rio is already involved?

My bad, so he is.

Doesn't need to be a MITB match.  Have a ladder match for the Women's title.  Or drop Charlotte and have it for a briefcase.  The former would work better as they could limit it to those that wouldn't try and kill anyone in the ring.  You could still get a decent group together sans Charlotte though.

Becky, Sasha, Paige and Natalya could all easily pull it off. 

Yup.

Genuinely don't see what's so outlandish about such a match.

Big Match John gets the "dream match" against AJ Styles. Official as of today. 

There's also a chance that they won't add a 7th man to the MITB match, which is fine by me. It'll be a class match just as it is just now. The 3 matches that are currently announced are going to be brilliant!

Big Match John gets the "dream match" against AJ Styles. Official as of today.

There's also a chance that they won't add a 7th man to the MITB match, which is fine by me. It'll be a class match just as it is just now. The 3 matches that are currently announced are going to be brilliant!

Still smile every time i see the name big match John

Archived