Mods v Rockers or Scooters v Bikes

Cohen's as guilty of playing them down as the 60s media were of playing it up. People also forget that casual violence was a lot more endemic in those days with all manner of nutcases starting "rucks" at the weekends. It used to be the far left & the far right took turns over alternate weeks to hold meetings in Trafalgar Square which achieved little other than give the Fuzz some easy Saturday morning overtime.

With the Mods & the Rockers there was also the matter of turf wars for selling speed to local youngsters that queered the pitch.

Do you want a fight?

I was more of a skinhead growing up but did own 3 vespas in my late teens. Quadrophenia is one of my favourite albums too, so I'd probably lean towards the mods.

Dr Jimmy was the soundtrack to my youth, sex,drugs and fighting....with one eye on my clothes. Good times.

I was more of a skinhead growing up but did own 3 vespas in my late teens. Quadrophenia is one of my favourite albums too, so I'd probably lean towards the mods.

Dr Jimmy was the soundtrack to my youth, sex,drugs and fighting....with one eye on my clothes. Good times.

Oops, red spotted you by mistake, trying to hit the quote button. Reply and I'll green spot you to make up.

What I was going to ask was, why Vespa rather than Lambretta? I'm an outsider in this but I sense some rivalry between the aficionados.

Oops, red spotted you by mistake, trying to hit the quote button. Reply and I'll green spot you to make up.What I was going to ask was, why Vespa rather than Lambretta? I'm an outsider in this but I sense some rivalry between the aficionados.

Wanted a Lambretta but could never find a decent one in my price range. Had 1 vintage vespa that I was restoring,1 to basically learn on then a souped up T5 to thrash the f**k out of.

Currently drive a Vespa primavera in Singapore and Vespa LXV in Indonesia.

Owned a Kawasaki in The Philippines, which in fairness was a decent bike.

Pretty much decent scooters over motorbikes every time.

^^Living the dream

Wanted a Lambretta but could never find a decent one in my price range. Had 1 vintage vespa that I was restoring,1 to basically learn on then a souped up T5 to thrash the f**k out of.

Gave you a greenie to make up for the red spot.

You'd enjoy seeing all the variations on show here but it is the south of France. With the traffic here it's the way to travel it seems, juking in and out of the traffic.

Archived