Greatest Sportsman of All Time

Yank Mike

ETA and you can't leave out Pele. The greatest star in the most widely played/watched sport.

Yes you can, unless you've been living in a box the last 10 years. During which time the 2 greatest and biggest stars the game's ever seen have been playing at a level never seen before.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inspired by a statement about Muhammad Ali in the boxing thread.

His competition from the US would be Babe Ruth, Jesse Owens, Michael Jordan, and Hulk Hogan. Not sure about the rest of the world.

Hulk fucking hogan?

Yes you can, unless you've been living in a box the last 10 years. During which time the 2 greatest and biggest stars the game's ever seen have been playing at a level never seen before. 

They're the best in the non-contact era.

The correct answer, by a country mile, is Alexandr Karelin.

Nicknamed the "Russian Bear", "Russian King Kong", "Alexander the Great" and "The Experiment", he is considered the greatest Greco-Roman wrestler of all time. Karelin won gold medals at the 1988, 1992 and 1996, and a silver medal in the 2000. His wrestling record is 887 wins and two losses.

After going 13 years undefeated in international competition and six years without giving up a point...

c63pdZr.png

The outstanding Bradman, Ali, Lewis, Phelps, Robinson, Jordon, etc. pale in comparison.

This olympian champions feats pale into insignificance when compared to beating the Hulkster at wrestlemania 6

You're just trying to humiliate me now :angry:

You're just trying to humiliate me now :angry:

If I really wanted to this I'd have thrown in his amazing victory against honky tonk man when with no preparation he ran out the dressing rooms and ended the longest intercontinental reign of all time. Truly super human

The correct answer, by a country mile, is Alexandr Karelin.

The outstanding Bradman, Ali, Lewis, Phelps, Robinson, Jordon, etc. pale in comparison.

Karelin is a great shout. Nobody dominated their sport as completely as he did for as long as he did.

The greatest wrestler of all time by an absolute mile and right up there for the greatest sportsman of all time. I would suggest he is almost certainly the greatest sportsman that 90% of sports fans have never heard of.

Archived