Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Interesting to note that winning the diddy league and losing a Scottish cup final on the second highest budget in Scotland was seen as exceeding expectations for Warburton.

Indeed he's exceeded expectations so much in the eyes of the Rangers board that they are going to double his salary overnight....

It's shit like this that sent the original club down the shitter lads.

The second paragraph starts with getting the name wrong, or did they??? Warbuston, maybe a slip there, maybe this is what he is called around the Daily Record office. Quite apt though, never spotted that until just now. 

Well that was an inspired rant.

"Scottish football hating itself to death" is fair comment, there are large swaths of Scottish football 'fans' who spend far more time concerned with goings on and in around Rangers than they do worrying about their own team, one look at many '1 club only' forums confirms that, the threads with most posts and views often center around Rangers.

Why would the fact that there's lots of evidence of attention or even hatred towards Rangers, indicate that the game is hating itself to death?

Except he does not, he does not mention anyone by name, the extract was taken from fan questions that he was answering where he mainly points out the obvious, if a player, coach or manager is doing good things then they will be rewarded, hardly a groundbreaking or surprising statement.

Warburton had a decent 1st season and achieved his objectives, getting to the Scottish cup final while hammering Dundee and beating celtic would have been seen as good achievements but the real test will come this season, a solid second place while continuing the rebuilding process will be considered a success and will no doubt be the 'return' that King mentions.

So your interpretation of the comments is as much guesswork as mine? Yet you have "no doubt" over your version?

Sounds legit

At least you can tell it is purely my interpretation rather than an attempt to pass things off as fact that have either been said or done...that was you.

I don't think my original post states anything as fact - it was my, perfectly understandable, interpretation of the news article.

Seems to have hit a nerve...

The only thing that has hit a nerve is me pulling you up for making up shite.

I just gave my interpretation of the newspaper article.

If anyone's made up shore it's them. All I've done is read what's there and given a reasonable interpretation of it.

Thank you

Absolutely remarkable how everyone involved with Scottish football is excited about next season except for a small handful of diddies who post about us on P&B.

Your views are not normative.  Why can't you simply get in line with the players, managers and executives of your clubs?

Absolutely remarkable how everyone involved with Scottish football is excited about next season except for a small handful of diddies who post about us on P&B.

Your views are not normative.  Why can't you simply get in line with the players, managers and executives of your clubs?

BRALT skills meet real world = shit meet trousers.

That in no way closes the gap between those involved in football professionally and the absurd diddies on here.  Any suggestions how we can do that?

Everyone in Scottish football?

What is there to be especially excited about regarding the coming season for players, managers and executives at, say, Elgin, or Stirling Albion, that's hitherto been absent?

Our defence has been a shambles all season. The manager has to learn from this seasons mistakes! The Cup Final was embarrassing and the manager had no response to Hibs targeting Tavernier.

Middle of the park is fine and having Forrester fit and ready to go will be a huge boost. He and McKay could be stars in this league

Still not convinced Waghorn is good enough to be our out and out forward. Miller will be a year older.

I would love us to sign Rodgers from Aberdeen. He was outstanding every time I saw him for Falkirk. I have a feeling though that the manager actually rates Foderingham and any Keeper he bring in will be backup

As far as away fans go. Could not care less. As long as we drastically the Celtic allocation and give them the corner and no more

Why would you want us getting the corner & no more? You do realise this would result in your fans being given a similar allocation for Paradise. You tried throwing your weight about on that front with both Hibs & Motherwell & look how it worked out for you. Are you really wanting to repeat those same mistakes?

Mind you, might work out for the best...at least if we take the full Broomloan then you know we're good for the ticket money. You lot however...

Everyone in Scottish football? What is there to be especially excited about regarding the coming season for players, managers and executives at, say, Elgin, or Stirling Albion, that's hitherto been absent?

Quite simply that us being back in the top flight raises the profile of Scottish football and it all filters down.  Our national sport will have a higher profile by dint of our promotion and it's all for the common weal.  Absolutely everyone kens this apart from a handful of moronic diddies who are out of touch with the professionals in Scotland's game.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Quite simply that us being back in the top flight raises the profile of Scottish football and it all filters down. Our national sport will have a higher profile by dint of our promotion and it's all for the common weal. Absolutely everyone kens this apart from a handful of moronic diddies who are out of touch with the professionals in Scotland's game.

Utter, unadulterated shit.

There is very little about how Scottish football operates that has anything to do with the common weal.

Your belief that any benefit, even one as completely intangible as a raised profile, "filters down" is majestically stupid and without basis.

Clubs throughout Scotland have benefited far more from the duopoly being cracked apart, than they stand to, from its restoration.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Fair enough, Kincardine. What you fail to mention is the negative social aspect of a Rangers club and the following band of cretins stealing oxygen throughout the season.

-/+

I'm not unaware of this and, for sure, we have a social problem.

More interestingly, in 2015/16 under The Threatening Behaviour at Football Act most charges were laid against The Diddies and most charges were for threatening behaviour.  You can see the summary here:  http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2016/06/5808/downloads#res-1

Based on Scotland's government's summary it is reasonable to ask what Police Scotland is doing to quell the rampaging hordes of diddy scum who are blighting our national game.  10 cheeks of the same arse, I'd say.

How can we Bears be protected from your violent fans?

Edited by The_Kincardine

I'm not unaware of this and, for sure, we have a social problem.

More interestingly, in 2015/16 under The Threatening Behaviour at Football Act most charges were laid against The Diddies and most charges were for threatening behaviour. You can see the summary here: http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2016/06/5808/downloads#res-1

Based on Scotland's government's summary it is reasonable to ask what Police Scotland is doing to quell the rampaging hordes of diddy scum who are blighting our national game. 10 cheeks of the same arse, I'd say.

How can we Bears be protected from your violent fans?

Always the drunken scumbag!

Always the drunken scumbag!

The auld bevy eh.

Oh dear! TK has Boris Johnson's assassination really affected you that much. But you will get over it. I did when Blair left office.

Collective term for a clump of diddies - a thicket.