Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Some interesting signings down at the Bronx this summer. Untried youngsters and a few big names at the arse end of their careers.

You certainly don't get much for £20 million these days?#Warchest

2 hours ago, Ken Fitlike said:

Probably more to do with their wages offer not being the moonbeams they were led to believe....

perhaps some sort of extra-contract 'loan' arrangement that circumvents tax payment may be an option to help 'rangers' out here.....

I'd be pretty amazed if Dave King was involved in any form of tax evasion tbh

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd be pretty amazed if Dave King was involved in any form of tax evasion tbh

Apparently he was involved in said crime in South Africa but came to an agreement with the tax authorities.

I for one, am shocked :o

Sure does...they are still celebrating beating the Govan Galacticos.

They deserved it, don't recall any of the Gers lads on here disagreeing with that! Their obsession with us is getting nearly as bad as your mob though CB.

28 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

They deserved it, don't recall any of the Gers lads on here disagreeing with that! Their obsession with us is getting nearly as bad as your mob though CB.

They're still trying convince themselves that coming 3rd and a 3rd season in the championship doesn't bother them.

4 hours ago, ScotlandGer said:

Good to see Tom Walsh get a good bit of the game in the US.  I'd be delighted to see him get a chance this season, as there's def. a decent player for us there.

Agreed, he did very well indeed.

But I think Rangers will try to send him out on loan given the fact Rossiter, Krancjar and Barton weren't in the squad.

Hardie has possibly the best chance of being this seasons's Barrie McKay.

2 hours ago, thepundit said:

Agreed, he did very well indeed.

But I think Rangers will try to send him out on loan given the fact Rossiter, Krancjar and Barton weren't in the squad.

Hardie has possibly the best chance of being this seasons's Barrie McKay.

All the talk has been of Warbs' next signing being a striker. Pushing Hardie down the pecking order. Hoping I'm wrong though, lads a quality finisher & will only get better.

13 hours ago, Kryptonite said:

All the talk has been of Warbs' next signing being a striker. Pushing Hardie down the pecking order. Hoping I'm wrong though, lads a quality finisher & will only get better.

Rangers do need another forward player, hopefully a real goal poacher, but I still think Hardie will have chances to impress as we don't have a lot of forwards at the moment, especially for a team who play 4-3-3.

53 minutes ago, CowdenConvert said:

Klopp type panic IMO. Contract extensions for achieving nothing of note are laughable.

I would guess when Warburton signed his initial contract (reported to be a very modest £6k a week) that he knew from day one his salary would be increased should he secure promotion.