Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

11 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yet another OF manager trying to undermine Scottish football in a wee chat with his mate Carragher.

Hopefully some of you will call this out for the shite it is.

9 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Aye. Save Scottish football by pulling all the teams out of the league put them somewhere in the English league. Bizarre.

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

An English ex-footballer, who 18 months ago would have probably have struggled to name more than three football grounds in Scotland, has the answer to Scottish football woes. Get rid of it. Brilliant.

I feel dirty agreeing with three sheep fans but it was a piece of nonsense from oor Stevie and I deprecate both the notion of a UK-wide league system or the idea of Rangers playing in the English league.  We are, after all, the most Scottish of Scottish clubs (whatever a coterie of outlier fans will say) and our focus should be on improving Scottish football not on destroying it.

There's also an argument to be made that The EPL is less competitive than Scotland's top flight.  Since 1992 the top English league has been won by six clubs and the top Scottish league has been won by two.  Given that England has ten times the population of Scotland you'd expect 20 different champions but the uncompetitive nature of their league has prevented this from happening...

6 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

***s still fantasising about getting into the English leagues emoji23.png

You love to see it.

No-one likes them and they care very much 🤣

Edited by nsr

Steven Gerrard has opened contract talks with Borna Barisic in a bid to ward off interest from Serie A.

The Rangers boss has confirmed Roma are tracking the Croatian star full-back, although declined to say if they have tabled a bid.

Barisic, 27, joined Rangers in a cut-price £1.5 million deal from Osijek 18 months ago and has been a standout this season.

He took time to settle into his new club but Rangers are keen to reward him with a new deal and protect their interest in a prized asset who still has two-and-a-half years left on his existing contract

Just watched a short interview with Graham Roberts from Facebook. What a deluded prat. According to Roberts no team in Scotland really tries against Celtic, but when they play Rangers they double their efforts. He knows that, he says, because he’s been there. Also because “Rangers weren’t in the league for five years it’s only three in a row”. The funniest thing about it was that he obviously actually believes the shite that he spouted.

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Just watched a short interview with Graham Roberts from Facebook. What a deluded prat. According to Roberts no team in Scotland really tries against Celtic, but when they play Rangers they double their efforts. 

Aye, you just have to look at the match at Pittodrie on Dec 4th to know he's talking keech...

15 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not sure if you remember the game between the sides at Ibrox this season?

I do appreciate the effort that some of the Sheep on here have put in to lampoon the faithful froo and froo brigade but the Abergreen hashtag won't be sloughed off so easily.

36 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I do appreciate the effort that some of the Sheep on here have put in to lampoon the faithful froo and froo brigade but the Abergreen hashtag won't be sloughed off so easily.

You're right of course, there's nothing us Sheep like better than seeing Celtic whip us time and time again. That fair makes our hearts sing.  I'm hoping for the next Celtic match at Pittodrie we'll see half and half scarves on sale.

Edited by kingjoey

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You're right of course, there's nothing us Sheep like better than seeing Celtic whip us time and time again. 

Yeah, I can see that...

Joshing aside, you had a curate's egg of a December and have Motherwell and Us as two of your next three league matches.  If you lose to Motherwell and draw or win at Ibrox then I will remember this little exchange...

55 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Yeah, I can see that...

Joshing aside, you had a curate's egg of a December and have Motherwell and Us as two of your next three league matches.  If you lose to Motherwell and draw or win at Ibrox then I will remember this little exchange...

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that Aberdeen aren't going to go all out to make sure Celtic win the league. 

Edited by kingjoey