Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Just now, Drew Brees said:

Again can I ask then, can you be sectarian against an openly sectarian organisation??

Because they’re the real victims here 

See the hissy fit they take when they’re not allowed to march past Catholic Churches 

To them the equivalent would be you’re anti white for calling someone a racist or suggested they’re a KKK sympathiser

3 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Again can I ask then, can you be sectarian against an openly sectarian organisation??

Yes, if you are insulting someone based on their perceived membership of a religious organisation.

I'm a protestant but I hate the orange order,particularly its unionism and the in your face arrogance of their walks,as do many of my fellow Scottish protestants.

So quite clearly to be "orange" or a supporter of them is very different from being an ordinary everyday protestant.........

3 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Because they’re the real victims here 

See the hissy fit they take when they’re not allowed to march past Catholic Churches 

To them the equivalent would be you’re anti white for calling someone a racist or suggested they’re a KKK sympathiser

Enjoy yer night mate 

DF04AE9C-25F7-4E93-81F8-4B76B528FEB7.jpeg

Just now, Whitburn Vale said:

I'm a protestant but I hate the orange order,particularly its unionism and the in your face arrogance of their walks,as do many of my fellow Scottish protestants.

So quite clearly to be "orange" or a supporter of them is very different from being an ordinary everyday protestant.........

I completely agree with that, and I am not stating that they are in any way the same at all. I am stating that I believe Celtic fans using the term "orange b*****ds" is insulting someone based on their perceived Protestant faith rather than their perceived membership of the Orange Order.

19 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Yeah the irony of your “no justification “ ending was that you just spent about 3 paragraphs before it justifying it 

And by continually being mute on your own fans behaviour you are justifying what we are currently seeing

But that's what you do, look for fault elsewhere.

Makes me think you don't have issue with it 

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I completely agree with that, and I am not stating that they are in any way the same at all. I am stating that I believe Celtic fans using the term "orange b*****ds" is insulting someone based on their perceived Protestant faith rather than their perceived membership of the Orange Order.

That's a tough one to prove AJF.....,agree in yrs gone by then the term was used to abuse the whole protestant religion,nowadays I dont think it is.

Reason being as I explained, there is a clear dividing line now between "Orange" protestants and ordinary everyday ones.

Someone like me is as much in the "people's" firing line as an irish Republican,reason being I dont back there agenda.

So I get fired into the hate bucket for being a protestant scottish nationalist,along with other groups who dont back the "people's" agenda !!

To be fair,I know a fair amount of rangers fans who think like me but stay stoom for obvious reasons....

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Jordan Campbell of The Athletic reporting that it's looking likely that we will keep a hold of our top players this window but expect there to be a couple of players going out on loan.

Katic and Barker out on loan I think. No one in or out permanently. That's my guess at what will happen.

Hibs and Saints fans can relax a bit as the rumours that we were in for Doig and McCann were nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

That's a tough one to prove AJF.....,agree in yrs gone by then the term was used to abuse the whole protestant religion,nowadays I dont think it is.

Reason being as I explained, there is a clear dividing line now between "Orange" protestants and ordinary everyday ones.

Someone like me is as much in the "people's" firing line as an irish Republican,reason being I dont back there agenda.

So I get fired into the hate bucket for being a protestant scottish nationalist,along with other groups who dont back the "people's" agenda !!

To be fair,I know a fair amount of rangers fans who think like me but stay stoom for obvious reasons....

Totally respect that. Our opinions differ on it though.

As an example, Derek McInnes was sent to the stand for reacting to Celtic fans branding him an OB a couple of years back. I just don't think Celtic fans were abusing him in that way due to a genuine belief that he is a member of the Orange Order.

54 minutes ago, AJF said:

They are attempting to insult those they perceive to be Catholics, which is exactly my point. It is the exact same for the term "Orange b*****ds".

Are we to genuinely believe that our players, managers and fans over the years have been branded "Orange b*****ds" because they are perceived to be a member of the Orange Order? No, they are perceived to be Protestant.

I don't believe many people perceive Steven Gerrard to be either a Protestant or member of the OO considering his schooling or indeed his daughters name. If they are people singing that to Gerrard then that is both ridiculous and out of order as no one should be calling anyone an 🍊 B. I don't believe it is just as black and white as you suggest either. I don't doubt there are those who can't differentiate due to ignorance or they just don't want to they just want to offend

Anything that has anything to do with abusing people based religion, race, sexuality etc has to be condemned, anyone involved in it has to be condemned and organisations who actively participate in it should be shut the f**k down.

However what shouldn't be happening is that when an incident is called out people go on the defensive and look to shift the lens elsewhere. Failure to acknowledge is one the biggest problems we have in tackling it and we all share that responsibility equally

Edited by Jinky67

25 minutes ago, AJF said:

Jordan Campbell of The Athletic reporting that it's looking likely that we will keep a hold of our top players this window but expect there to be a couple of players going out on loan.

How is the club earning money then, do you think? Not qualifying for the CL was a huge blow financially. Huge squad etc etc can’t be sustainable.

14 minutes ago, AJF said:

Totally respect that. Our opinions differ on it though.

As an example, Derek McInnes was sent to the stand for reacting to Celtic fans branding him an OB a couple of years back. I just don't think Celtic fans were abusing him in that way due to a genuine belief that he is a member of the Orange Order.

What that boils down to is the link between Rangers Football club(particularly within the fanbase)and the Orange Order....,because Mcinnes was a player with RFC then he got it in the neck(wrongly)for being "orange" ........

Yeah there will be some Celtic fans out there that think being a protestant makes you orange but I would wager it's a very low percentage that think that way now,compared to yesteryear.

I've been called a fxxxxn b*****d by some in blue for being a Livi supporter for god sake !!!! 

I'm probably more Presbyterian than them,as I attend the Kirk from time to time !!

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Do you lads, im talking Rangers and Celtic fans here, realise religion is a nonsense yes?  God doesn't actually exist?

Religion has rarely had anything to do with it, it's football tribalism. Most aren't religious or orange/Irish Republican, it's just an excuse to attack the other fans.

4 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

How is the club earning money then, do you think? Not qualifying for the CL was a huge blow financially. Huge squad etc etc can’t be sustainable.

It's not sustainable in the long term - in the short term though share issues and investment from our board will likely plug any gaps.

Europa League money and the additional 3 (minimum) full house home matches will also help but I agree that player sales will need to be our focus moving forward (which is what our board have indicated is the model we are moving towards).

There are suggestions that we rejected up to £8M for Patterson. If we are knocking that back I'd sincerely hope we are not under any immediate threat.