Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

33 minutes ago, G51 said:

The board are responsible for those losses though. If they didn't want to cover them, we wouldn't be accelerating our investments on the squad and doing things like rebuilding Edminston House etc.

Ultimately our wages are 50% of our turnover. It's very sustainable.

Not to get pedantic but there's no way your wages are 50% of your turnover. Your turnover will be a lot less this year and you've signed more players since June. Wilshire also coming in. Allegedly.

1 minute ago, Andrew Driver said:

How would you rate these investments?   

Very highly. Roofe is an exceptionally good forward and Itten has all the tools, once he puts them together he'll be an excellent player.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Not to get pedantic but there's no way your wages are 50% of your turnover. Your turnover will be a lot less this year and you've signed more players since June. Wilshire also coming in. Allegedly.

It's in page 12 of the accounts. Obviously it's only the case as of June 30, and there's no way of knowing what it is this season. But I'm not too bothered what it looks like during COVID as long as we come through it, and the board have already ensured that we will.

23 minutes ago, bennett said:

Hopefully you're right, just a horrible thought that we'd spent money this season on the belief that we'd get other offers for Alfredo. 

We'll probably need to sell some players in the next few windows, especially with reduced income due to no large Europa crowds at Ibrox. 

£16m loss but £11m in the bank were the figures I’ve seeing quoted. £5m to make-up. Meh.

24 minutes ago, G51 said:

It's in page 12 of the accounts. Obviously it's only the case as of June 30, and there's no way of knowing what it is this season. But I'm not too bothered what it looks like during COVID as long as we come through it, and the board have already ensured that we will.

Yeah. It's only the case as of June 30th. You suffered from Covid related issues cash wise since March (as we all did) and won't have the cash coming in like it was pre March last year.

You also had a higher turnover due to Europa League. It won't be near as profitable this year unless you go further than you did this year. 

27 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Yeah. It's only the case as of June 30th. You suffered from Covid related issues cash wise since March (as we all did) and won't have the cash coming in like it was pre March last year.

You also had a higher turnover due to Europa League. It won't be near as profitable this year unless you go further than you did this year. 

Sure. But the point is that in normal circumstances, that's our turnover-wage ratio. It's at a good place.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

It's not normal circumstances.

May not be for some time.

I think it's very likely at this point that we'll be back to normal next season. So all we have to do is get through this season, and the board have committed to meet any shortfalls that arise. Thus, I don't see anything that concerns me in the short or long term.

10 minutes ago, G51 said:

I think it's very likely at this point that we'll be back to normal next season. So all we have to do is get through this season, and the board have committed to meet any shortfalls that arise. Thus, I don't see anything that concerns me in the short or long term.

Ok.

Wow.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

The board are responsible for those losses though. If they didn't want to cover them, we wouldn't be accelerating our investments on the squad and doing things like rebuilding Edminston House etc.

Ultimately our wages are 50% of our turnover. It's very sustainable.

They are not 50%. I make it about 73%. Wages are 43m and revenue 59m.

6 hours ago, G51 said:

First team wages, to be clear. As detailed on Page 12.

That's some interesting selective reasoning. If you just count goalkeeper wages then it's even better.

Long live the Iraqi Information Minister!

Late to the party but only heard yesterday morning from a work colleague that Jones and Edmondson got 7 game bans for the Covid breach :lol: 

Not got any love at all for Rangers but that is incredibly harsh imo. Infact it’s so harsh that it plays straight into the hands of Rangers fans who believe there’s some Peter Lawwell and SFA conspiracy against them. Have the rules around punishment for Covid breaches changed since Bolingoli and the Aberdeen players got caught out? Because I would say both of those cases deserved a harsher punishment than the Rangers players got. Jones has had a terrible time at Rangers and has given them the perfect reason to punt him. Edmondson looked average when I seen him last season but he’s still a young guy and could improve. 

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

Late to the party but only heard yesterday morning from a work colleague that Jones and Edmondson got 7 game bans for the Covid breach :lol: 

Not got any love at all for Rangers but that is incredibly harsh imo. Infact it’s so harsh that it plays straight into the hands of Rangers fans who believe there’s some Peter Lawwell and SFA conspiracy against them. Have the rules around punishment for Covid breaches changed since Bolingoli and the Aberdeen players got caught out? Because I would say both of those cases deserved a harsher punishment than the Rangers players got. Jones has had a terrible time at Rangers and has given them the perfect reason to punt him. Edmondson looked average when I seen him last season but he’s still a young guy and could improve. 

I’m in 2 minds with this. Bolingoli and the Aberdeen guys punishment seems pretty lenient in hindsight but served as a lesson and warning to professional footballers that any more f**k ups wouldn’t be tolerated. Jones and Edmundson didn’t learn a lesson or heed the warning and effectively chose to f**k up of their own free will. Pair of stupid c***s and their punishment is thoroughly merited. 

The only bit I disagree with above is that Edmundson looked average. IMO the boy was unlucky not to nail down a starting place last season and impressed any time he played. 

Just now, 8MileBU said:

I’m in 2 minds with this. Bolingoli and the Aberdeen guys punishment seems pretty lenient in hindsight but served as a lesson and warning to professional footballers that any more f**k ups wouldn’t be tolerated. Jones and Edmundson didn’t learn a lesson or heed the warning and effectively chose to f**k up of their own free will. Pair of stupid c***s and their punishment is thoroughly merited. 

The only bit I disagree with above is that Edmundson looked average. IMO the boy was unlucky not to nail down a starting place last season and impressed any time he played. 

To be fair I’ve not seen enough of the guy, and a few of my Rangers supporting pals spoke quite highly of him when he played last year. 

Bolingoli and the Aberdeen players didn’t actually get punished in any way tbh, certainly not anything like a 7 game ban. I would say jumping on a plane to go to another country at a time when football had just restarted should be looked on much more harshly than the Rangers players, who’s breach occurred at a time when restrictions were being eased in Scotland. 

2 hours ago, Hauzen said:

That's some interesting selective reasoning. If you just count goalkeeper wages then it's even better.

Long live the Iraqi Information Minister!

First team wages to turnover ratio is a common benchmark for football finances. I thought that was pretty widely known.