Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

6 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

So I suppose I can take from that that you honestly think I shouldn't be using the word 'TERF' to describe transphobic bigots.

And that you think I shouldn't go to any more antifascist protests because the people I protest against call me anti-white?

Just checking.

Feel like you’re taking a weird tack with this. TERF is a factual description of a particular political ideology - that was coined by proponents of it - has anyone ever argued that **** was a self-appointed ‘nickname’?

28 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The H Bomb is simply unacceptable, whatever analogies you care to use.

I'm not making analogies. I'm showing other instances of bigots using the exact same principle you're claiming. You claim that a principle which you contend applies to jewish people and black people (and I disagree with) also applies to Rangers fans, and I'm showing it also being used by bigots and fascists, and you're balking from actually saying 'Yes, I do agree with those bigots', because it lays bare exactly what your argument is about. Why is your (ahem) "analogy" between Rangers fans and black people acceptable, while my "analogy" between neo-Nazis and Rangers fans unacceptable, when it's an "analogy" based on the exact same principle that you espouse, and I don't.

Instead, you're reverting to making bare assertions rather than justifying them. No good faith detected, despite your bare assertion to the contrary.

Edited by Aim Here

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

It's more fans of other teams this time rather than the usual celtic fans tbf.

Best just to skip past the last 5 pages.

It's been that bad, that you accusing the mixed race poster of digital blackface barely registered.

7 minutes ago, Dolf said:

H-bomb?

Now you are comparing Rangers fans butthurt feelings at being labelled h*** to a reviled word that has its origins in slavery and has been used to denigrate Black people for centuries

Wow!

Ironically the Billy Rangers fans give their allegiance to started a chapter of the K.K.K in Glasgow

He didn't.  

17 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I think that after this week, almost all impartial observers would be in agreement that Rangers' PR strategy of ignoring tabloid journalists, trying to dictate to the BBC who their journalists should be, and farming their outreach work to three snidey middle-aged bigots has been a bit of a public relations disaster. I don't see the other 41 league clubs following suit anytime soon.

The other 41 won’t follow suit because the majority are barely given a minutes attention by the MSM in the first place. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

FFS man, I feel a bit sorry for you here. 

Most normal humans completely ignore tabloid newspapers. Clearly you feel rangers are victims here, but may I suggest not giving them repeated open goals. 

I’ll ignore the condescending tone of your opening sentence. 

The victims here are whoever is on the receiving end of the tabloid’s toxic agenda, whether it’s the front page or the sports page. They are a needless,  irrelevant unreliable entity and the sooner they cease to be a thing the better.

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

The other 41 won’t follow suit because the majority are barely given a minutes attention by the MSM in the first place.

Working as intended, then. By my count that's 41 successful PR strategies and one ugly seething petulant mess. Rangers should maybe work on adding to the 41 sometime.

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

The victims here are whoever is on the receiving end of the tabloid’s toxic agenda, whether it’s the front page or the sports page. They are a needless,  irrelevant unreliable entity and the sooner they cease to be a thing the better.

Petition for the PieandBovril spellchecker to replace Rangers with 'Victim FC' citing the above quote as evidence.

I reckon you perhaps picked the wrong week to complain about Rangers being victimized by the mainstream media, given that the 'victims' of this 'persecution' obviously deserve every piece of shame and opprobrium heaped upon them by the tabloids and everyone else, for shitting up the internet with racism, homophobia and hate speech

9 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Working as intended, then. By my count that's 41 successful PR strategies and one ugly seething petulant mess. Rangers should maybe work on adding to the 41 sometime.

Petition for the PieandBovril spellchecker to replace Rangers with 'Victim FC' citing the above quote as evidence.

I reckon you perhaps picked the wrong week to complain about Rangers being victimized by the mainstream media, given that the 'victims' of this 'persecution' obviously deserve every piece of shame and opprobrium heaped upon them by the tabloids and everyone else, for shitting up the internet with racism, homophobia and hate speech

It’s only 41 effective strategies if you accept that everyone is playing on a level playing field, no? Or would you accept the argument that the Conservatives have an effective PR strategy with regards to their institutional racism, given the column inches that haven’t appeared about it over the years? 

4 minutes ago, Orbix said:

It’s only 41 effective strategies if you accept that everyone is playing on a level playing field, no? Or would you accept the argument that the Conservatives have an effective PR strategy with regards to their institutional racism, given the column inches that haven’t appeared about it over the years? 

The Tories obviously have a very effective PR strategy, given they've managed to win so many elections despite their high levels of venality, stupidity and incompetence over their last 11 years in government.

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

The Tories obviously have a very effective PR strategy, given they've managed to win so many elections despite their high levels of venality, stupidity and incompetence over their last 11 years in government.

Would you attribute their apparent ability to avoid media scrutiny solely to their PR department, or do you accept that there are other factors?

28 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I reckon you perhaps picked the wrong week to complain about Rangers being victimized by the mainstream media, given that the 'victims' of this 'persecution' obviously deserve every piece of shame and opprobrium heaped upon them by the tabloids and everyone else, for shitting up the internet with racism, homophobia and hate speech.

What part of all that’s come out this week are you struggling with? Have you conveniently chosen to not have seen the various bigoted tweets from the personal accounts of journalists employed by said tabloid??

My posts weren’t intended to portray Rangers as the victims but to point out that said tabloid journos decided to go on a bigotry witch-hunt but were known to have an agenda then proven to be part of the bigotry problem.

Edited by 8MileBU

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

What part of this are you struggling with? Have you conveniently chose to not have seen the various bigoted tweets from the personal accounts of journalists employed by said tabloid??

My posts weren’t intended to portray Rangers as the victims but to point out that said tabloid journos decided to go on a bigotry witch-hunt but were known to have an agenda then proven to be part of the bigotry problem.

Do you think the H&H guy should continue to be affiliated with Rangers