Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

22 hours ago, CambieBud said:

bored at work so looked this up. RIFC have 447 million shares in issue at 1p each! Then read this: Surely it can’t be our Bennie?😂

Bennett now owns 5.51% of the club's issued share capital, while

Tempted to say that it is, to see of there's a Keith Jackson exclusive tomorrow. 

If it was just player side you'd expect Clement to say something like 'it's up to the players to bring the fans along and give them something to cheer about'. 

So I think he is asking the fanbase to give a little more support when things aren't going to plan. 

39 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

If it was just player side you'd expect Clement to say something like 'it's up to the players to bring the fans along and give them something to cheer about'. 

So I think he is asking the fanbase to give a little more support when things aren't going to plan. 

Probably the only time he can get away with this. Results have been alright and none of this squad is his. 

Give it a few months and managers having a dig at the fans is normally the beginning of the end. 

Always remember Paul heckingbottom moaning at hibs fans because they booed him for taking off scott Allan. Always remember thinking he’d not last much longer. 

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Probably the only time he can get away with this. Results have been alright and none of this squad is his. 

Give it a few months and managers having a dig at the fans is normally the beginning of the end. 

Always remember Paul heckingbottom moaning at hibs fans because they booed him for taking off scott Allan. Always remember thinking he’d not last much longer. 

Rangers fans will not accept that kind of talk as it questions their status as a club built on being winners even if that's not reality based.

Looking forward to seeing how the situation develops.

Being played out of position or not, Cantwell was rotten last night and him dancing up a dead end set of the counter that led to the goal. the goal wasn't directly his fault, as we defended comically once he lost the ball.

I didn't have an issue with the manager making a change so early, and bringing McAusland on was justified with his goal in the 2nd half, I think the issue I and the majority at Ibrox had was that the obvious move to everyone was taking off Lammers and shifting Cantwell inside.

Clement has had a decent start as manager, working with a disfunctional squad containing too many players that have got by at Rangers for too long with the wrong mentality and the dross that Beale was allowed to bring in..  The international break seemed to come at the wrong time for us and the momentum that had been built has disappeared and a lot of them have regressed back to the kind of form that has got the last 2 mangers hunted.

Talk of him losing dressing rooms is way off the mark, but I think a number of them are realising that they won't be here much longer.  

I want to see him mould a team with his own players and style rather than limping by with the shitshow he's been left with.

17 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Rangers fans will not accept that kind of talk as it questions their status as a club built on being winners even if that's not reality based.

Looking forward to seeing how the situation develops.

It’s definitely risky but as I say I think this is the only small window of time he has to get away with it. 

33 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I want to see him mould a team with his own players and style rather than limping by with the shitshow he's been left with.

Therein lies the rub I fear. There was no doubt the Board financially backed Beale with some transfer fees that now look bewildering and probably the wages to match. I can't see anyone paying either a transfer fee or even matching the kind of wages these guys are on so I suspect Clement just has to piss with the cock he was given for the time being.  There is no way we'll be buying any European 'starlets' again any time soon.

I actually think they could do worse than sweep round the diddies in January and pick off their plum players like we used to do*. I suspect it won't help much in Europe but should yield some composure/improvement in domestic performances.

Spoiler

* tin hats on chaps, incoming...!!

7 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Therein lies the rub I fear. There was no doubt the Board financially backed Beale with some transfer fees that now look bewildering and probably the wages to match. I can't see anyone paying either a transfer fee or even matching the kind of wages these guys are on so I suspect Clement just has to piss with the cock he was given for the time being.  There is no way we'll be buying any European 'starlets' again any time soon.

I actually think they could do worse than sweep round the diddies in January and pick off their plum players like we used to do*. I suspect it won't help much in Europe but should yield some composure/improvement in domestic performances.

Hide contents

* tin hats on chaps, incoming...!!

Seeing as scott wright is the level you’re at, can I suggest one pape habib gueye, our bargain £500k striker who just needs the supply from his teammates that impoverished diddies just can’t provide. 

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Being played out of position or not, Cantwell was rotten last night and him dancing up a dead end set of the counter that led to the goal. the goal wasn't directly his fault, as we defended comically once he lost the ball.

I didn't have an issue with the manager making a change so early, and bringing McAusland on was justified with his goal in the 2nd half, I think the issue I and the majority at Ibrox had was that the obvious move to everyone was taking off Lammers and shifting Cantwell inside.

Clement has had a decent start as manager, working with a disfunctional squad containing too many players that have got by at Rangers for too long with the wrong mentality and the dross that Beale was allowed to bring in..  The international break seemed to come at the wrong time for us and the momentum that had been built has disappeared and a lot of them have regressed back to the kind of form that has got the last 2 mangers hunted.

Talk of him losing dressing rooms is way off the mark, but I think a number of them are realising that they won't be here much longer.  

Regarding the point on taking of Lammers (who I wouldn’t ever start based on the couple of times I’ve seen him) I would imagine it’s more of a trust thing. If he’s telling Lammers to do X and Lammers is doing it (even if not very well) then the manager will pick that player over another player who is playing poorly and isn’t following the managers guidance. 

Regarding Cantwell it’s just another example, in my opinion, of a player who comes up here with a bit of talent and starts well and everyone thinks he is god. I can imagine Cantwell saying to his mates privately after a few weeks “It’s so easy here I’m like Messi”.  However now that he’s faced most teams a few times opposition players will have started to work out ways to stop him from playing and now he is struggling a bit.