Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

A little surprised if Barron does actually sign and I don’t really know too much about him.

Now that we’ve signed another left back that hopefully isn’t unavailable as much as Ridvan and Barisic were last season, plus Cortes again who can play on either wing, I’d imagine Sterling will be utilised in midfield where he has looked at his best for us.

That would leave Diomande, Sterling and Barron (should he sign) available for the holding mid or box to box midfield role. I suspect Barron will be backup/rotational initially but I’m not sure really.

If Barron goes to Rangers he'll just be another Scott Wright or David Turnbull whereas if he goes elsewhere he actually has a chance to develop a decent career in football, look at guys like Lewis Ferguson and Aaron Hickey who have actually done something with their careers so far rather than being bench warmers for a bigoted club.

Works to the Copland disrupted, apparently due to delays with building materials which will impact games at the start of the season.

May see us requesting away fixtures in the opening part of the season if that's the case. An issue will arise when it comes to European fixtures, though.

Edited by AJF

19 hours ago, Empty It said:

If Barron goes to Rangers he'll just be another Scott Wright or David Turnbull whereas if he goes elsewhere he actually has a chance to develop a decent career in football, look at guys like Lewis Ferguson and Aaron Hickey who have actually done something with their careers so far rather than being bench warmers for a bigoted club.

Turnbull was decent enough for us but I appreciate you're just desperately trying to crowbar us in to the same bracket. The reality is our model for the past decade or so has been developing young players for the EPL which we have done to a fair degree of success which has a included Scottish players.

Back to the actual player in discussion I can see Barron being a decent signing for Rangers. He was getting fucked about a bit at Aberdeen but think there's a decent whack of potential there.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Looking forward to getting my half season ticket for Murrayfield.

Murrayfield will be well versed in to hosting sporting events containing unionists watching hoofball tbf.

52 minutes ago, AJF said:

Works to the Copland disrupted, apparently due to delays with building materials which will impact games at the start of the season.

May see us requesting away fixtures in the opening part of the season if that's the case. An issue will arise when it comes to European fixtures, though.

"Delays" painted as if its a supplier fault, while also sacking one of your staff over it...

That was taken last week. Rather than moving, could'nt we just have a temporary reduced capacity and reimburse those affected.

PXL-20240619-131714960.jpg

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

That was taken last week. Rather than moving, could'nt we just have a temporary reduced capacity and reimburse those affected.

Probably the fault of Dundee, take them to court for your hotel bills at the very least. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

"Delays" painted as if its a supplier fault, while also sacking one of your staff over it...

Hence why I said "apparently".

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

Presumably the cranes will still require access to the building work meaning part of the pitch will be unusable.

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

Presumably the cranes will still require access to the building work meaning part of the pitch will be unusable.

Yeah. Structural elements have been removed, so it’ll probably remain shut until the shipment from Asia is fulfilled.

Didn’t know a member of staff was sacked over it or am I misreading?

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

Hence why I said "apparently".

Aye I wasn't having a go at you, just adding to the skepticism. 

35 minutes ago, stressball said:

Yeah. Structural elements have been removed, so it’ll probably remain shut until the shipment from Asia is fulfilled.

Didn’t know a member of staff was sacked over it or am I misreading?

Usual twitter rumours that someone got the bullet. No idea who or if it's even accurate.

Murrayfield needs to be ready for rugby on the 2nd of November…

Not sure how much they’ll demand to have it in use prior to that, especially with midweek European games.

Did you have any home friendlies planned?

1 hour ago, stressball said:

Asians causing havoc at Ibrox again and again, you love to see it.

Also I assume Hampden's out the question as QP are there next season now as well iirc.