Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

You can't understand why someone with admitted mental issues is getting more sympathy than someone who's been through rehab yet still spends his time getting steaming and wasting his career?

I can’t say I’m really interested in the who deserves more sympathy argument.

I just see two guys with issues who I hope get the help they need.

The fact you’ve created a perception of Pena based on a few news stories doesn’t really interest me. If leaving rehab is the worst he’s done then I’m inclined to just offer the guy my sympathies.

I’m sure if I wanted to I could reel off some examples of why griffiths is a c**t and doesn’t deserve sympathy. As it happens I just wish him all the best too.

Drew is denying double standards and if he can honestly say that his differing approach has nothing to do with one being a Celtic player and one being a rangers player I’ll apologise.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I can’t say I’m really interested in the who deserves more sympathy argument.

I just see two guys with issues who I hope get the help they need.

The fact you’ve created a perception of Pena based on a few news stories doesn’t really interest me. If leaving rehab is the worst he’s done then I’m inclined to just offer the guy my sympathies.

I’m sure if I wanted to I could reel off some examples of why griffiths is a c**t and doesn’t deserve sympathy. As it happens I just wish him all the best too.

Drew is denying double standards and if he can honestly say that his differing approach has nothing to do with one being a Celtic player and one being a rangers player I’ll apologise.

Pena has had support and the chance of rehabilitation, and he turned that down.

Griffiths is getting support and the chance of rehabilitation, and is taking it.

This is the difference, and why I sympathise with one more than the other.

Gascoigne is a great example, he's had the support and professional help he's needed over the years, usually paid by others, and he's consistently thrown it away, are you just meant to feel sorry for him forever?

Pena has had support and the chance of rehabilitation, and he turned that down.
Griffiths is getting support and the chance of rehabilitation, and is taking it.
This is the difference, and why I sympathise with one more than the other.
Gascoigne is a great example, he's had the support and professional help he's needed over the years, usually paid by others, and he's consistently thrown it away, are you just meant to feel sorry for him forever?

Gascoigne is a different example. He’s assaulted his wife and is currently up on sexual assault charges, along with a long list of other issues. you can’t just blame mental health on that. He does not have my sympathy.

Pena has clearly made some bad decisions but are you trying to tell me griffiths hasn’t? According to Rodgers griffiths has had issues for years and only now is getting professional help. Maybe Pena just hasn’t reached that stage yet.

I’m going to take a leap of faith and say you don’t know either guy intimately enough to make a judgement on who deserves your sympathy and who deserves mocked.

10 hours ago, Snafu said:

Keep pushing.

One day Div might just call Bennett to his hidden lair and ask him to mod the Celtic/Rangers forums and award  him a number just like in the Bond films.

image.png.edb46b7509db7f332f8a7fd1c915dcfc.png

You have been warned

Have we met?

My thoughts on the matter are that I couldn’t really care less about Griffiths problems tbh, I don’t see gambling, alcoholism or drug addiction as an illness but more a weakness. Griffiths is in a privileged position and he fucked it up through his own faults. I care about the Celtic players on the park playing for the jersey, if he’s too weak to do that then he’ll get no sympathy from me. I’ve never met him so I don’t know him so why should I give a f**k if he can’t control himself? When his problem arose I didn’t wish him all the best because I simply don’t care. That’s why I didn’t feel guilt about posting an attempt at humour towards Pena and his previous problems. I see him as fair game because he’s a rangers player and I’m a Celtic fan, simple as.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

I think it was more of a cumulative effect. Although he should have been emptied for the reasons I provided.

I'm sure you would agree ?

I don't recall him posting anything racist or homophobic on here at all.

Some really pretty distasteful, racist stuff he'd previously posted elsewhere got dug up at one point and he was suitably shame faced about it.

The ban came, I think, because he wanted to discuss the BJK stuff.  He'd been told to steer clear, but I didn't think his approach to it was at all unacceptable.  I don't really believe that such matters should in themselves be off limits.  I think any moderation should be based on the actual content of posts, as opposed to the mere subject matter.

Some really pretty distasteful, racist stuff he'd previously posted elsewhere got dug up at one point and he was suitably shame faced about it.
The ban came, I think, because he wanted to discuss the BJK stuff.  He'd been told to steer clear, but I didn't think his approach to it was at all unacceptable.  I don't really believe that such matters should in themselves be off limits.  I think any moderation should be based on the actual content of posts, as opposed to the mere subject matter.
Revisionist nonsense.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:
4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Revisionist nonsense.

I don't think it is.

If you can quote his racist, homophobic stuff though, I'll obviously need to accept that you're right.

So, just to be clear. As long as he does it elsewhere and not on here, then that's fine?

Actually yes.

Obviously, it's not fine morally, but I think people can surely only be banned from P&B, for their conduct on P&B.

Are you honestly suggesting otherwise?  Just to be clear of course?

Actually yes.
Obviously, it's not fine morally, but I think people can surely only be banned from P&B, for their conduct on P&B.
Are you honestly suggesting otherwise?  Just to be clear of course?
Just to be clear if you are rasict or homophobic online your work could bin you or the police can get involved as this kind of "banter" is a hate crime.

Just to be clear of course.

Just to be clear if you are rasict or homophobic online your work could bin you or the police can get involved as this kind of "banter" is a hate crime.

Just to be clear of course.

Indeed.

However, we were discussing reasons for being banned from P&B.  You alleged that this came about for specific reasons.  When challenged, you've been unable to support your claim. 

You're now shifting it to something else.

Are you now saying that when evidence of nasty stuff elsewhere emerged, he should have been banned from here?  He wasn't.

My thoughts on the matter are that I couldn’t really care less about Griffiths problems tbh, I don’t see gambling, alcoholism or drug addiction as an illness but more a weakness. Griffiths is in a privileged position and he fucked it up through his own faults. I care about the Celtic players on the park playing for the jersey, if he’s too weak to do that then he’ll get no sympathy from me. I’ve never met him so I don’t know him so why should I give a f**k if he can’t control himself? When his problem arose I didn’t wish him all the best because I simply don’t care. That’s why I didn’t feel guilt about posting an attempt at humour towards Pena and his previous problems. I see him as fair game because he’s a rangers player and I’m a Celtic fan, simple as.

I don’t agree with your thoughts on addiction/mental health but fair enough for being honest.

You aren’t being hypocritical so consider this an apology.

Are you now saying that when evidence of nasty stuff elsewhere emerged, he should have been banned from here?

Yes.

You'll know what his 7(seven) warnings were all for?

I had you down as just a boring tool, never had you down as an apologist for this kind of person.

I don’t agree with your thoughts on addiction/mental health but fair enough for being honest.

You aren’t being hypocritical so consider this an apology.

No need mate. And I understand most wont agree with my views, not a problem.

It's heartening to see Rangers supporters' cultural links with Chelsea remain as strong as ever and the lads are taking their messages of hope across borders.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/15/chelsea-fans-flag-ss-deaths-head-budapest

Does the author of that piece intend to be offensive when he fails to give the Rangers their place? C'mon, fella! That's a twin flag if I ever saw one and you've not given the Glasgow Giants (copyright: Daily Record) a single mention. Fair's fair, surely?

Yes.

You'll know what his 7(seven) warnings were all for?

I had you down as just a boring tool, never had you down as an apologist for this kind of person.

Ok.  Thinking people should be banned from here on account of behaviour elsewhere is a legitimate enough view I suppose, but it's not one I share.  And it's not the reason why he was in fact banned from here.  Indeed, I'd be surprised to learn that most posters would side with you on the principle you've now hit upon, in response to your inability to stand your previous claim up.

I believe the seven warnings surrounded the BJK stuff I mentioned earlier. I might be wrong though.  Tynieness will have a better grasp of it.