Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

Davis was brilliant during his first term at Rangers, some of his European performance were absolutely outstanding.    But he's lost the pace and is absolutely not what Rangers need.     
You already have Dorrans, Arfield, Jack.    

It's like all Rangers fans have forgot what they were moaning about 2 games ago - which they cannot break down teams which sit tight.    Defoe and Davis won't help this.  

Gerrard has 1 window to save his job and he's blowing it.  

Your opinion, fair enough Billy, but I’m not sure how you can claim SG has blown the opportunities presented in the January transfer window until you can assess whether they’ve had an impact or not. Half a dozen games at least would only be fair in making a judgement surely?

10 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Perhaps a few similarities to Arfield’s style, but also to Candeias so gives options for rotation and keeping players fresh.

Are honestly comparing Davis to Candieas? Davis would be hopeless on a wing.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Much as I appreciate the need for pettiness, surely there isnt anyone who thinks Defoe is a bad signing?

It could go either way, Defoe hasn't played regularly for two years.

It could go either way, Defoe hasn't played regularly for two years.
You are right, but I see it as a very good signing. I dont think there is any way he will have regressed sufficiently not to massively improve the ****. He is a model pro IMO and a very instinctual striker. Guys like that can go on longer than most and whilst guys like Barton have shown that its not the cakewalk some of them think it is up here, we have to be honest about what they require from Defoe. They need him to score winners against shite teams they are drawing with currently.

Shocked if he cant do that tbh.

Are honestly comparing Davis to Candieas? Davis would be hopeless on a wing.

Yes I’m comparing them. At no point did I suggest Davis would play on the wing.

ETA: FWIW I don’t see Candeias as a natural winger either but does a job there.

Edited by 8MileBU

RANGERS are today delighted to confirm that the Club has signed pre-contract agreements with Glen Kamara and Jordan Jones.

Both players will join the club in the summer when their contracts with their existing clubs expire, with both players signing four year contracts.

Finnish central midfielder Kamara will join the club from Dundee, where he has been since 2017 after coming through the ranks with Arsenal.

Five time capped Northern Irish winger Jones will join the club from Kilmarnock where he has played his football since 2016 after joining from Middlesbrough.

Rangers wishes to place on record our thanks to both Dundee and Kilmarnock for their cooperation in securing both agreements

Lets face it. Defoe will be handy as f**k in this league.

Ye, possibly. we felt the same about Ian Wright, who was younger and had played more games and scored more goals than Defoe in the couple of years before his move north, I remember how that worked out.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Ye, possibly. we felt the same about Ian Wright, who was younger and had played more games and scored more goals than Defoe in the couple of years before his move north, I remember how that worked out.

Aye, it's a tricky one.  Wright was shite as were Keane and Barton.  Davie Weir was class and McAuley has been ok.  Lafferty is only 31 but plays like an auld man whereas McGregor is 36 and has been our second best player.

The pattern is that they are mostly superannuated duds but we do get a gem now and then. 

Edited by The_Kincardine

To be fair, wasn't Wright quoted around the time just before signing for Celtic, as stating that his main ambition was to be the new Des O'Connor, having just started his chat show?

Just now, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:
1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

To be fair, wasn't Wright quoted around the time just before signing for Celtic, as stating that his main ambition was to be the new Des O'Connor, having just started his chat show?

He achieved his ambition.  What a laugh he gave us playing in a Celtic jersey.

Aye, it's a tricky one.  Wright was shite as were Keane and Barton.  Davie Weir was class and McAuley has been ok.  Lafferty is only 31 but plays like an auld man whereas McGregor is 36 and has been our second best player.
The pattern is that they are mostly superannuated duds but we do get a gem now and then. 

We’ve had more than our fair share, add Dublin, Juninho, Graveson, Ljungberg, Cole, Aliadiere to your list. Had high hopes for a couple but ultimately all failures.