Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

There are a fair few of us who have posted on here for a long time (many years longer than you) and the reasons we continue to do so are various but include the undoubted fact that we prefer the idea of talking about football in a multi-club forum rather than the echo-chambers that are FF and RM.
Most of the P&B Rangers supporters hold no truck with either sectarianism or bigotry and we're, mostly, here for the sport.  Otherwise we'd be on other forums.
Do we as a club still have a problem with hate speech from fans? Of course.  Does it stop me following said club? No, of course not..  You support a team for the sport not for the fans.
I have to credit Goldson for speaking out and I know every Rangers poster on here will agree with him.
You were banned for being a bigot

There are a fair few of us who have posted on here for a long time (many years longer than you) and the reasons we continue to do so are various but include the undoubted fact that we prefer the idea of talking about football in a multi-club forum rather than the echo-chambers that are FF and RM.

Most of the P&B Rangers supporters hold no truck with either sectarianism or bigotry and we're, mostly, here for the sport.  Otherwise we'd be on other forums.

Do we as a club still have a problem with hate speech from fans? Of course.  Does it stop me following said club? No, of course not..  You support a team for the sport not for the fans.

I have to credit Goldson for speaking out and I know every Rangers poster on here will agree with him.

Doesnt ir scunner you? Dont you ever think enough is enough, I can no longer align myself with this. Its not a small minority, and its every single time over every issue. It's as predictable as the tides.

I know you can say you follow the club not the fans etc etc but the two are intrinsically linked.

Ibrox is (and once again this in genuine, not for wind up shit) a place that I wouldnt even consider taking my kids. I simply couldn't do it, and I cant imagine being a decent fan of Rangers and not turning my back on them in favour of a smaller local club who needs the support and comes without the baggage.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Doesnt ir scunner you?

Of course it scunners me.  That's why I post on here rather than elsewhere.

Is our situation irredeemable?   Naturally not.  You can see from the reactions to Goldson's post that my view, and that of most Rangers fans, is supportive and, we hope, will be normative.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Of course it scunners me.  That's why I post on here rather than elsewhere.
Is our situation irredeemable?   Naturally not.  You can see from the reactions to Goldson's post that my view, and that of most Rangers fans, is supportive and, we hope, will be normative.
How long are you prepared to give it? Given that if anything, over the last ten years it has gotten worse not better, having been stoked by the highest echelons of the club itself?

Obviously you arent in the place I think I would if I were you, so little point in continuing it really, the question has been answered. I just dont get it though. Honestly cannot wrap my nut around it at all.

48 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Rangers and Celtic as clubs do f**k all to stamp out bigotry apart from the odd bit of lip service, you both breed on sectarianism. Same team , different colours.

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

How long are you prepared to give it? Given that if anything, over the last ten years it has gotten worse not better, having been stoked by the highest echelons of the club itself?

Obviously you arent in the place I think I would if I were you, so little point in continuing it really, the question has been answered. I just dont get it though. Honestly cannot wrap my nut around it at all.

As Kincardine mentioned, you support a team for the sport and not the fans. And although you’ve mentioned they are intrinsically linked, you can see from the response to Goldson’s post, those that support him outnumber those that don’t.

Rangers as a club have done a lot of work over the recent years to try and combat this type of fan behaviour, it’s now time for the fans to do their part and I think your claim that any issues have got worse is unfounded and anecdotal.

If there are stats that can back your claim up then I’ll eat humble pie.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

As Kincardine mentioned, you support a team for the sport and not the fans. And although you’ve mentioned they are intrinsically linked, you can see from the response to Goldson’s post, those that support him outnumber those that don’t.

Rangers as a club have done a lot of work over the recent years to try and combat this type of fan behaviour, it’s now time for the fans to do their part and I think your claim that any issues have got worse is unfounded and anecdotal.

Nice orange training top 

7 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

Nice orange training top 

What context does the colour of a training top influence the Black Lives Matter debate?

Edited by AJF

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

They absolutely have not done a lot to combat it. If you believe that, you are naive at best

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

They absolutely have not done a lot to combat it. If you believe that, you are naive at best

Maybe you see what you like to see then.

For as long as I remember, there is a message played at Ibrox before every home game, outlining what behaviour is unacceptable and they encourage fans to report any incidents to stewards or police. There is also a dedicated hotline and email address fans are encouraged to use if they wish to remain anonymous.

Rangers launched their Everyone, Anyone campaign recently which aims to “unite people from all backgrounds, cultures and communities”.

They also helped identify a fan that made a racist gesture which led to him being convicted.

They have released multiple statements outlining that this behaviour is unacceptable with Dave King outlining in simple terms that “Rangers is not the club for them” if they felt they were unable to change their ways.

Of course, the club is limited in what action it can take, and incidents like this that play out on social media, the club can do very little.

Edited by AJF

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Maybe you see what you like to see then.

For as long as I remember, there is a message played at Ibrox before every home game, outlining what behaviour is unacceptable and they encourage fans to report any incidents to stewards or police. There is also a dedicated hotline and email address fans are encouraged to use if they wish to remain anonymous.

Rangers launched their Everyone, Anyone campaign recently which aims to “unite people from all backgrounds, cultures and communities”.

They also helped identify a fan that made a racist gesture which led to him being convicted.

They have released multiple statements outlining that this behaviour is unacceptable with Dave King outlining in simple terms that “Rangers is not the club for them” if they felt they were unable to change their ways.

Of course, the club is limited in what action it can take, and incidents like this that play out on social media, the club can do very little.

What about the natives negative thoughts about catholic’s?  Oh and the orange tops?

Just now, Killiefan said:

What about the natives negative thoughts about catholic’s?  Oh and the orange tops?

The things I outlined all include the club actively trying to discourage any form of bigotry or prejudice which obviously includes sectarianism.

What about orange tops? In what way does that discriminate against a group or race of people?

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:

It still amazes me that Sevco fans genuinely try and explain that they're not a club built on hate followed by mainly bigots.

It still amazes me that people generalise to the degree they overlook the opinions of the fans that don’t fit within their narrative.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

The things I outlined all include the club actively trying to discourage any form of bigotry or prejudice which obviously includes sectarianism.

What about orange tops? In what way does that discriminate against a group or race of people?

Clown