Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

17 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’d be surprised to see him go at this stage - I think he has made good progress in his time here and will want to push on further. 

Further in what direction? He's never going to catch Celtic.

19 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

No doubt he has made some progress but the fact is he still finished a long way off Celtic and still hasn't won anything.  Progress in Glasgow is judged on titles and trophies. Another season without either will see him gone and deemed a failure surely.  He will be aware of that. Bristol city is probably not attractive enough for him mind. 

Yeah, I’d tend to agree.

It’s an uphill battle to compete with Celtic given the disparity in resources but he has made us competitive.

2 years in a row a complete implosion has been our issue, rather than not being good enough.

I said it before but I think some added depth in the squad and we can give it a good go.

27 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yeah, I’d tend to agree.

It’s an uphill battle to compete with Celtic given the disparity in resources but he has made us competitive.

2 years in a row a complete implosion has been our issue, rather than not being good enough.

I said it before but I think some added depth in the squad and we can give it a good go.

It is certainly strange.  It does make me wonder what goes on at the warm-weather training camps over the winter break.

Kent’s an idiot, but to be fair to him the lion player does tap him a couple of times first.

Obviously I’m happy at him missing a couple of weeks of the new season but it is a joke that because this is classed as a proper friendly the red card can count towards a suspension but a closed door game red card doesn’t count.

Kent’s an idiot, but to be fair to him the lion player does tap him a couple of times first.

Obviously I’m happy at him missing a couple of weeks of the new season but it is a joke that because this is classed as a proper friendly the red card can count towards a suspension but a closed door game red card doesn’t count.
Roolz is Roolz, likesay, ken?

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Looks like the **** still have a problem with their players temperament .

This from the supporter of a team that includes Brown is either some neck or as damning an indictment of Rangers as it possible to have.

2 hours ago, strichener said:

This from the supporter of a team that includes Brown is either some neck or as damning an indictment of Rangers as it possible to have.

You're right, what about Celtic players...😉

2 hours ago, strichener said:

Brown is a thug but he hasn’t had any issue with his temperament for about 10 years. Everything Brown does is measured and calculated.

7 hours ago, AJF said:

Yeah, I’d tend to agree.

Was the same mentality and reservations held during the industrial cheating years ??   Asking for 41 football teams.   Cheers

19 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Was the same mentality and reservations held during the industrial cheating years ??   Asking for 41 football teams.   Cheers

That’s generally how sport at any level works - the teams with the most financial muscle tend to be the most successful. I’ve always been able to appreciate that, now even more so. 

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

That’s generally how sport at any level works - the teams with the most financial muscle tend to be the most successful. I’ve always been able to appreciate that, now even more so. 

You seem like a decent, reasonably articulate guy.  You ignored the question, tho.  Of course, in the vast majority of football leagues, the teams with the more substantial access to funds generally tend to dominate.  During the cheating years, that was certainly the case with your original team.  Do you accept now that skulduggery was afoot and that, in Scottish Corporate law, the team/club/company now playing in Govan are a separate entity ??   

Again, asking for 41 football teams.    Cheers 

13 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

You seem like a decent, reasonably articulate guy.  You ignored the question, tho.  Of course, in the vast majority of football leagues, the teams with the more substantial access to funds generally tend to dominate.  During the cheating years, that was certainly the case with your original team.  Do you accept now that skulduggery was afoot and that, in Scottish Corporate law, the team/club/company now playing in Govan are a separate entity ??   

Well to answer that, it’s a slightly convoluted answer.

In my eyes, my “original team” are still the team I go and support now. However, I do accept that Scottish Corporate law may view that differently, and from a technical viewpoint I understand this is a different... legal entity, perhaps?

But, to me anyway, football is not a sport that is played out in a corporate playground.

I often use the duck test (sometimes referred to as the elephant test) as a way of explaining how I feel: if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

So, in this case, if a team looks like Rangers, is treated like Rangers and for all intents and purposes, acts like Rangers, then it probably is Rangers.

I won’t be convinced otherwise and I certainly won’t buy into anyone’s claims that the team I currently support isn’t the team I have supported since I was a wee laddie.

Edit: and yes, to answer the other part of your question, I do accept that there were mistakes made previously and everything was not “above board”.

Edited by AJF
Missed a point

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Well to answer that, it’s a slightly convoluted answer.

In my eyes, my “original team” are still the team I go and support now. However, I do accept that Scottish Corporate law may view that differently, and from a technical viewpoint I understand this is a different... legal entity, perhaps?

But, to me anyway, football is not a sport that is played out in a corporate playground.

I often use the duck test (sometimes referred to as the elephant test) as a way of explaining how I feel: if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

So, in this case, if a team looks like Rangers, is treated like Rangers and for all intents and purposes, acts like Rangers, then it probably is Rangers.

I won’t be convinced otherwise and I certainly won’t buy into anyone’s claims that the team I currently support isn’t the team I have supported since I was a wee laddie.

The prosecution rests, m'lud.    Cheers

14 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

An expert in Scottish corporate law are we?