Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Some amount of diddy rage right across the Premiership sub forum at the moment.  The wee sheepies - whose rage hasn't abated since we signed that young boy from them - are in the lead with the Hibs fans not far behind.  @Ricfanned the flames with his thread of shame which really should be retitled, "Yoose will win the league and we're pyoor seething"

We have the whole gamut of P&B emotions: seethe, rage and, of course, salty tears from, among others, Irish I am scornful of poor people but I'm not a Sellick fan Bhoy, due to the Beeb having the audacity to play a Rangers song last night.  If it's this bad right now I can't imagine what it's going to be like when Tav lifts the league trophy.

I liked this version but it's nothing like Oor Tina's:

still THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST use of simply the best ever used tbh imo

edit: lose it every time joe crocker kicks in too tbf

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

5 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

still THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST use of simply the best ever used tbh imo

edit: lose it every time joe crocker kicks in too tbf

I assume you mean Joe Cocker.

I went to a gig at Old Trafford in the early 90s which Sir Rodney was headlining (I think he was still English then) and Joe Cocker and Status Quo were the supporting acts.  Cocker stole the show. 

Edited by The_Kincardine

18 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I went to a gig at Old Trafford in the early 90s which Sir Rodney was headlining (I think he was still English then) and Joe Cocker and Status Quo were the supporting acts.  Cocker stole the show. 

Sir Rodney has never been English. Apart from when he was born, obviously.

42 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

neither apparently, ive said joe cocker when it was joe esposito sampled. 😐

ah well. literally nothing will spoil my enjoyment of that song, to quote the comments section of one vid of it:

"this is precisely what it feels like to drink espresso and then immediately have a manic episode"

"I want to commit crimes to this music"

"I keep hearing Best Of You on the radio and freaking out because I think it's this."

and to sort of tangentially get back on track to the thread

"I was listening to Tina Turner and wondered if anyone had ever thought to mash her with Foo Fighters.  And then I found this. "

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

9 hours ago, DMCs said:

Haha "another honest mistake"

Did you write this? You seem to have the same victim mentality.

That is just EveryCelt who has ever posted on P&B.

Resolution 11 (12), title stripping, the 5 way agreement, and The 55?  The poster is just expressing what they all think.

In other news, I see that @Thistle_do_nicelyhas popped a few swedgers and is enjoying his happy time among the nicest folk on P&B.

13 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

That is just EveryCelt who has ever posted on P&B.

Resolution 11 (12), title stripping, the 5 way agreement, and The 55?  The poster is just expressing what they all think.

In other news, I see that @Thistle_do_nicelyhas popped a few swedgers and is enjoying his happy time among the nicest folk on P&B.

wastecoatwilly wrote that, didn't he? 

By the way, looking at a Typhoo Tea famous football clubs card for Rangers for 1963 - champions 34 times at that stage. That was 58 years ago, Kilmarnock, ourselves and Dundee United count for 5, and yourselves for 20 (to make current total of 54) so Celtic must have collected 33 in the last 58 seasons*. (2 x lots of 9 makes a hole in it I suppose.)

*ETA: That's a league title every 2 years, and yet their fans are greetin'.

Edited by Jacksgranda

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

wastecoatwilly wrote that, didn't he? 

By the way, looking at a Typhoo Tea famous football clubs card for Rangers for 1963 - champions 34 times at that stage. That was 58 years ago, Kilmarnock, ourselves and Dundee United count for 5, and yourselves for 20 (to make current total of 54) so Celtic must have collected 33 in the last 58 seasons*. (2 x lots of 9 makes a hole in it I suppose.)

*ETA: That's a league title every 2 years, and yet their fans are greetin'.

Yeah but they had to fight the police, masons, the government, the media, the courts, bankers and their own board who all conspired against them otherwise they'd have won the lot!

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Yeah but they had to fight the police, masons, the government, the media, the courts, bankers and their own board who all conspired against them otherwise they'd have won the lot!

I thought you'd spelt "wankers" wrong for a minute, but you're probably right, they'd hardly be fighting themselves.

On the other hand...

You'd think the Sun would know by now, especially with there being a Liverpudlian in charge of the club.  The sooner the Sun goes the same way as the News of the World the better, and I mean that for all of us, an utter snotterry sleaze ridden publication. 

I may have picked this up wrongly from yesterday quarantine rule changes, and probably have, but the Scottish Government appear to have said that from next Monday the only elite sports groups to be exempt from quarantine are people training for the Olympics. If correct, that would mean that Rangers couldn’t leave the country without going into quarantine for 10 days on return, and teams couldn’t come into this country without doing the same. This obviously isn’t feasible, so does anyone know if this is correct?

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I may have picked this up wrongly from yesterday quarantine rule changes, and probably have, but the Scottish Government appear to have said that from next Monday the only elite sports groups to be exempt from quarantine are people training for the Olympics. If correct, that would mean that Rangers couldn’t leave the country without going into quarantine for 10 days on return, and teams couldn’t come into this country without doing the same. This obviously isn’t feasible, so does anyone know if this is correct?

Think this was discussed in the Covid thread. It's just training camps etc. Don't think it impacts on Europa league fixtures, Scotland six nations etc.

57 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Think this was discussed in the Covid thread. It's just training camps etc. Don't think it impacts on Europa league fixtures, Scotland six nations etc.

Cheers. It didn’t come across like that in the article that I read on the news website.

28 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Cheers. It didn’t come across like that in the article that I read on the news website.

It didn't come across like that to me either after I first heard it. They had to clarify through the press that this only referred to training camps.

Never saw it but was booked for it, so much for the promise of games not being rerefereed.

Everything is being thrown behind keeping the 10.

Fast Track Notice of Complaint | Kemar Roofe, Player, Rangers FC

Wednesday 10 February 2021

Player: Kemar Roofe, Rangers FC

Match:  Rangers FC v St Johnstone FC

Date:  Wednesday 3 February 2021

Competition: Scottish Premiership

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 200: Where any one of the sending off offences of (A1) serious foul play, (A2) violent conduct, and (A3) spitting at an opponent or any other person is committed by a player at a match, but that sending off offence was not seen by any of the match officials at the time that it was committed, the mandatory suspension for that sending off offence as provided for in Annex C of the Judicial Panel Protocol shall be applied to the player

As @bennett mentions, it does seem odd they were able to go down the “ref didn’t see it” route to cite Roofe, but I don’t think we can complain about the punishment.

The whole system is farcical though and it’s a lottery whether a player gets cited or not. There’s no consistency, there’s no explanation around when a player can be cited despite the charge indicating it can only happen if the referee hasn’t seen the offence and countless incidents continue to go unpunished with no transparency over how incidents are reviewed.