Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

7 hours ago, energyzone said:

The problem is that 90% of non-Rangers fans believe this is the true mentality of 90% of Rangers fans.

And instead of trying to push some positive PR all we get from you guys is denial and whataboutery.

You let people like these bus singers define you as a club unfortunately.

The deflection and whataboutery can get tiresome, but then I'd imagine it gets pretty tiresome being reminded of this kind of behaviour in an accusatory way on a regular basis. 

I don't see the particular need for Rangers fans on here to condemn what other people do, just because they support the same team.

On 13/02/2017 at 15:45, The Tedi said:

This is P & B, you see what Rangers fans have to put up with on here, sensible discussion is simply a no go area.

Nah I will continue to get called a bigot, pedo, *** and whatever witty banter that you all seem to find acceptable debate.  So I will continue to keep whatever feelings I have to myself and respond with the off Nacho Novo video, works just fine for me, it is over to some other PnB poster to try and change the culture on here, perhaps you and Monks can try and bring about some change.

:lol: 

The deflection and whataboutery can get tiresome, but then I'd imagine it gets pretty tiresome being reminded of this kind of behaviour in an accusatory way on a regular basis. 
I don't see the particular need for Rangers fans on here to condemn what other people do, just because they support the same team.

I don't mean on here - on the whole the Rangers guys here are decent and I know I couldn't be bothered dealing with most of the crap they put up with.

I mean in general terms - the club is run by a shyster which would be a perfect opportunity for a decent, articulate fans representative to come to the fore and project a positive image for the club. Instead we have the unhinged Sons of Struth guy as a figurehead as well as strange people like the shamed Chris Graham. There's no other club in Scotland whose fans would accept being represented by people like that.

4 minutes ago, energyzone said:

I don't mean on here - on the whole the Rangers guys here are decent and I know I couldn't be bothered dealing with most of the crap they put up with.

I mean in general terms - the club is run by a shyster which would be a perfect opportunity for a decent, articulate fans representative to come to the fore and project a positive image for the club. Instead we have the unhinged Sons of Struth guy as a figurehead as well as strange people like the shamed Chris Graham. There's no other club in Scotland whose fans would accept being represented by people like that.

Yes, I've no argument with any of that.  It's a bit of a shift from where you were directing the original comment though.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Sometimes I think you should just change your team choice to "Rangers" MT. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, energyzone said:

Chris Graham is utterly mental. His twitter account is an embarrassing mess - he's obsessed with Celtic and the SNP. He reminds me a bit of Richard Spencer. 

Edited by Malcolm Malcolm

7 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Who was Chris Graham again? Was he the Jar Jar Binks guy?

Yup.

The staunch fan rep who got on the first King board and made a tit of it by tweeting about right wing politics.

Graham is apparently some kind of consultant or financial advisor just like every other chancer you might encounter.

Let's be honest here, there is a Rangers way of life, there are Rangers men and it does take a certain type to person to be accepted by Rangers fans.

Brought up learning fairytale stories about white horses and wee catchy songs like the sash as well as hating the baddies that go to the Catholic school down the road before they're even allowed to go to the football has some effect.

So any hint of truth in those Admin 2 rumours?

They seem to make a lot of noises about how European qualification is needed this Summer.

Even if they do qualify, making it to the groups is massively against Scottish teams these days, and the route there doesn't earn you much at all. Aberdeen only made £1m overall from their last two attempts.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They seem to make a lot of noises about how European qualification is needed this Summer.

Even if they do qualify, making it to the groups is massively against Scottish teams these days, and the route there doesn't earn you much at all. Aberdeen only made £1m overall from their last two attempts.

Don't forget Financial Fair Play rules.  If the main source of income over there is Dave King pumping personal money into the club then they will fail the FPP rules, meaning a hefty fine or exclusion from European footy.