Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

The SNP also takes a percentage of its vote from Rangers fans.
It’s already extracted all the vote share it’s going to get from the middle-class. There’s not much to be gained from doing this.

It can't be much though surely? I know a fair few Rangers fans and not one of them is outwardly an SNP voter. Most of them turned out to be Union Flag waving ultra British nationalists on social media at the weekend.

8 minutes ago, energyzone said:

It can't be much though surely? I know a fair few Rangers fans and not one of them is outwardly an SNP voter. Most of them turned out to be Union Flag waving ultra British nationalists on social media at the weekend.

I think it's a lot more than people think. Especially among the younger generation of supporters. They're like anyone else in the younger generation - their politics are influenced by the 2008 depression, the 2014 referendum and the austerity of the early 2010's. Gen Z will also be similar given that they're coming of age through a pandemic.

It's also pretty much exclusively younger people that were at the celebrations at the weekend.

Anyway, here's a good bit for non-OF fans to read on why you want to be careful about jumping on the same side as the middle classes on this one. Joan Burnie's comments in particular:

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/columnist/rangers-reaction-shows-classism-is-alive-and-well-when-it-comes-to-scottish-football/

Replying to @RangersFC

🎙️
SG: It was an extremely strong performance at the weekend, the players are in a good place in terms of form and I want us to go in with confidence. We have respect as we know this is a difficult opposition, it is a really fascinating fixture.

🎙️
SG: Roofe will train this morning and will be available. Jack could be ready but I have decided to hold back and he will be available for the second-leg, I don't want to push him too quick. Tavernier will be a little bit slower to return

Jordan Campbell saying this morning that Rangers are looking at establishing a partnership with Kinetic Academy in south London.

Presumably would involve funding the Academy in exchange for getting some eyes on the best south London players.

Very up for that tbh. The cage football lads are special, and are probably going to be where the next English golden generation comes from. We could really do with setting up a similar culture in Scotland.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

If you can't be arsed to copy and paste, I can't be arsed clicking.

One of my limitations is that i'm not quite as tech or as forum savvy as you Benny but you have set me a challenge so i'm not one to shirk that 

👇

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

One of my limitations is that i'm not quite as tech or as forum savvy as you Benny but you have set me a challenge so i'm not one to shirk that 

👇

Sorry Jinks, I assumed that it was a Rangers died link.

Again I can't defend what happened on Sunday.

It may be noteworthy or it may not that the bus stop posters are on Clear Channel and Global hoardings, not (Celtic Director) Chris Trainer's Ocean Outdoor; although he was happy to carry the #resignsturgeon message on his mega illuminated signs..., jus' sayin'

6 hours ago, G51 said:

I think it's a lot more than people think. Especially among the younger generation of supporters. They're like anyone else in the younger generation - their politics are influenced by the 2008 depression, the 2014 referendum and the austerity of the early 2010's. Gen Z will also be similar given that they're coming of age through a pandemic.

It's also pretty much exclusively younger people that were at the celebrations at the weekend.

Anyway, here's a good bit for non-OF fans to read on why you want to be careful about jumping on the same side as the middle classes on this one. Joan Burnie's comments in particular:

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/columnist/rangers-reaction-shows-classism-is-alive-and-well-when-it-comes-to-scottish-football/

To be fair you are probably correct, just like there will be a fair amount of Unionists amongst the Celtic support.

The problem on both counts is they probably are frightened to say it for fear of backlash from their more extremist fans.

2 minutes ago, WilliamBragg said:

To be fair you are probably correct, just like there will be a fair amount of Unionists amongst the Celtic support.

The problem on both counts is they probably are frightened to say it for fear of backlash from their more extremist fans.

lol what

afraid to say it where?

Just now, G51 said:

lol what

afraid to say it where?

Anywhere.

Take a look at twitter or any social media.

Today for example you have Rangers fans on twitter saying people who vote SNP shouldn't be welcome at Ibrox because they're anti Rangers republicans.

I've yet to see an SNP supporting Rangers fan or Tory Celtic fan arguing back against these people.

Why do you think that is?