Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

28 minutes ago, bennett said:

Paying lip service,  nothing more. Otherwise you wouldn't be attacking Rangers for what your own teams fans have done on numerous occasions. 

Green and blue vandalism same fans with different colours.
What I don't get is smashing up the place after winning the title strange mentality.

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

lads can we please wrap this incredibly tedious talk over something that's been out the news cycle for over a week now and get on to the main topic of the day: guards of honour

If your club lacked the class and courtesy to do it for Celtic in 2019 then why would anyone at Rangers expect it to be done for them?

I don’t mind either way as it’s a meaningless gesture however it seems Rangers want everyone to acknowledge their title win despite refusing show the same courtesy.

Odd behaviour

Edited by Jinky67

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Green and blue vandalism same fans with different colours.
What I don't get is smashing up the place after winning the title strange mentality.

Neither do I Willie, neither do I.

You've nailed it spot on again.

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

If your club lacked the class and courtesy to do it for Celtic in 2019 then why would anyone at Rangers expect it to be done for them?

I don’t mind either way as it’s a meaningless gesture however it seems Rangers want everyone to acknowledge their title win despite refusing show the same courtesy.

Odd behaviour

i think celtic should offer to carry out the guard of honour as penance for the arrogance of singing about ten in a row since 2012.

in fact, not only should there be a guard of honour, the celtic players should bow in the presence of the champions

13 minutes ago, G51 said:

lads can we please wrap this incredibly tedious talk over something that's been out the news cycle for over a week now and get on to the main topic of the day: guards of honour

Things Rangers have left to achieve that Celtic can influence;

the Title

unbeaten season

scottish cup

European success

Defensive records - home and total.

do you think they’ll manage to dent any of them?

Edited by Orbix

2 minutes ago, Orbix said:

the Title

unbeaten season

scottish cup

European success

I can't speak for everyone but I'm honestly not bothered about an unbeaten season. If we get to the last few games and it's still a goer then maybe, but I'd rather spend the time giving our players in the Euros an extended break and give Patterson, Wright, Simpson, Bassey and Leon King games.

I'd even like to commit some minor heresy and suggest experimenting with Tavernier as an 8 and Patterson as a right back.

15 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Odd behaviour

You'll no doubt be aware that any notion of Celtic giving Rangers a guard of honour came about after Lennon criticised Rangers in 2019 for not giving them one, stating Celtic would do it for them. I don't think anyone from Rangers expects it, it'll just highlight how both sides are hypocritical on this issue if they don't.

I don't want anything from Celtic other than another feeble performance on the day.

Edited by AJF

I’ve thought that for ages, would allow for us to absolutely overload the right hand side of the pitch and free up space for Kent and Borna on the left, you’d end up watching teams trying to double up on both of them. 

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

i think celtic should offer to carry out the guard of honour as penance for the arrogance of singing about ten in a row since 2012.

in fact, not only should there be a guard of honour, the celtic players should bow in the presence of the champions

The Office Lol GIF

20 minutes ago, G51 said:

The etiquette of the game is to shake hands before the match nothing more or less.

2 minutes ago, Orbix said:

I’ve thought that for ages, would allow for us to absolutely overload the right hand side of the pitch and free up space for Kent and Borna on the left, you’d end up watching teams trying to double up on both of them. 

I just think he has the skills to be our best 8. Great passer, great stamina, scores goals, physically strong, great dribbler - perfectly equipped to play that role.

It likely won't happen, but if we've a load of dead rubbers it would be fun.

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The etiquette of the game is to shake hands before the match nothing more or less.

do you want to spread covid willy? are you actually trying to kill people?

shameful.

22 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Odd behaviour

You’s never done it in 2010 

You’s started it 

Edited by Forever_blueco

16 minutes ago, Orbix said:

the Title

unbeaten season

scottish cup

European success

How can celtic dent our European success ?