Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

Guest TheJTS98
3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The term you used last time was 'common parlance'.

Imagine thinking that a slur is acceptable because a lot of people use it.

Because of which people use it, and who they use it to describe.

Edited by TheJTS98

12 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

What has me in a spin is the fact you use terms like “Hoopisphere” and you’re in your seventh decade of life.

*Your also a fucking weirdo.

Regards,

Henpecked Henry.

*You’re

Bit silly that when you’d already used the word correctly.

Guest TheJTS98

If, in the context of Scotland and Scottish football, enough people use an unacceptable slur it then becomes ok?

It's the other way around. A perfectly common term doesn't become offensive just because you can't say ****** anymore.

Especially when the people telling us that it's offensive all share one trait; the football team they support. Outside the Rangers support, nobody holds this view. Because it's a term only Rangers fans object to. Because they can't say ****** anymore.

If, in the context of Scotland and Scottish football, enough people use an unacceptable slur it then becomes ok?

Anyone taking what is and isn’t allowed by a self confessed bigot and catholic hater needs to have a word. Fear not 8mile the boards biggest fantasist and friend of Tony is here to white knight him

Guest TheJTS98
1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

This is the point that you are missing.  It does.

Fair enough. I find it baffling that you can't see how ridiculous your argument is.

But then I remember it's the Old Firm.

2 minutes ago, Border Reiver said:

Anyone taking what is and isn’t allowed by a self confessed bigot and catholic hater needs to have a word. Fear not 8mile the boards biggest fantasist and friend of Tony is here to white knight him

Again, playing the  poster rather than the post.

2 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

Fair enough. I find it baffling that you can't see how ridiculous your argument is.

But then I remember it's the Old Firm.

My argument is that it is for the recipient, mostly, to determine what is abusive.  This is a well-worn maxim.

I am bafult that this surprises you.

Guest TheJTS98

My argument is that it is for the recipient, mostly, to determine what is abusive.  This is a well-worn maxim.

I am bafult that this surprises you.

Yes, but when the 'recipients' are clearly at it, they shouldn't be surprised when people ridicule them.

The idea that *** is a term that covers protestants in Scotland is a hilarious fiction. We all know it.

Just now, TheJTS98 said:

Yes, but when the 'recipients' are clearly at it, they shouldn't be surprised when people ridicule them.

The idea that *** is a term that covers protestants in Scotland is a hilarious fiction. We all know it.

Almost certainly.  That isn't the issue, though.

Not that I expect you to be able to keep up.

Guest TheJTS98
2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Almost certainly.  That isn't the issue, though.

Not that I expect you to be able to keep up.

It's commendable in a way how Rangers fans have decided to just brass-neck this one.

'It's a term that is only used to refer to Rangers fans, so it must mean something else'. Being comfortable hitting out with this mince takes a special kind of baws.

All because you can't say '******'.