Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

4 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

12 consecutive trophies in a row during winning 9 league titles in a row is way more impressive than 10 in a row.

That’s 495 - 55 to us. 

That impressive your support lost the plot when then ten was going up in smoke 😂

4 hours ago, gannonball said:

Well not really, the new club you are talking has had losses of over 100 million since it’s inception. Whilst we should have have made more of a fist of the final season let’s not pretend we weren’t on much the same playing field in terms of squad/transfer budgets for the past few seasons.

This isn’t accurate, is it? Celtic’s outlay on squad costs has dwarfed Rangers’ consistently for the last 10 years has it not?

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

This isn’t accurate, is it? Celtic’s outlay on squad costs has dwarfed Rangers’ consistently for the last 10 years has it not?

If your talking wages we peaked when we got champions league football under Rodgers but has fallen steadily since then, last few seasons the gap wouldn’t  be huge would say. Transfers we have ran at a heavy surplus most seasons. 

Edited by gannonball

13 minutes ago, gannonball said:

If your talking wages we peaked when we got champions league football under Rodgers but has fallen steadily since then, last few seasons the gap wouldn’t  be huge would say. Transfers we have ran at a heavy surplus most seasons. 

Net spend has no bearing on the amount of money spent on players though.

I’d be surprised if Celtic’s combined wages and transfer spend didn’t dwarf Rangers’ by tens of millions even since Rodgers left.

Edited by AJF

31 minutes ago, AJF said:

Net spend has no bearing on the amount of money spent on players though.

I’d be surprised if Celtic’s combined wages and transfer spend didn’t dwarf Rangers’ by tens of millions even since Rodgers left.

What? :lol: We only spent the money because we had sold players for way more than what we bought the players for. How does that not have ‘no bearing’? Factor in wages and transfer surplus/deficit any difference is pretty negligible past few years. I think the eye watering losses prove that despite having European money whilst we have generally tread water.

ETA - have we not had this argument before? :lol:

Edited by gannonball

9 minutes ago, gannonball said:

What? :lol: We only spent the money because we had sold players for way more than what we bought the players for. How does that not have ‘no bearing’? Factor in wages and transfer surplus/deficit any difference is pretty negligible past few years. I think the eye watering losses prove that despite having European money whilst we have generally tread water.

ETA - have we not had this argument before? :lol:

Well look at it this way, if you receive £20m in transfer fees but spend £20m in transfer fees, that doesn’t mean you’ve brought in £0 worth of talent. You’ve still brought in £20m worth of talent.

And we may have 😂 I lose track of the back and forths I get involved in on here

34 minutes ago, AJF said:

Well look at it this way, if you receive £20m in transfer fees but spend £20m in transfer fees, that doesn’t mean you’ve brought in £0 worth of talent. You’ve still brought in £20m worth of talent.

And we may have 😂 I lose track of the back and forths I get involved in on here

We have received 40/50 million in sales in the past year but only spent about 20. I’m not sure you can just kindly ignore losing that much talent. If Rangers* were to have a fire sale in Summer and sell off Kent/Morelos/Tavernier/Kamara then buy 15/20 mill of players I wouldn’t be saying ooh big spenders given collectively the outgoing are worth way more than that. 

Edited by gannonball

Regarding Jimmy Bell, let's call it what it is..... if he was just some wee standard guy who was the kitman for years there would have been a tweet from the club and a few RIP type posts on social media....

....the reason for the fawning tributes and the hero status among *** fans is purely and simply because he was a swivel headed sectarian fucking mutant who hated Catholics and anything connected to Celtic, the type of c**t who would throw his daughter down the stairs for dating a guy with a name like Declan or Brendan. 

What did surprise me somewhat was the press and media and their bizarre tributes to him, painting him as a salt of the earth modern day working class hero, just because the guy is dead doesn't alter the fact he was an absolute fucking reptile.

Some of the things he said to the Italian players in particular in the late 90's Rangers signed were actually downright despicable and in any other line of work or place of employment would result in the sack and possibly even a brush with the authorities. 

Elevating a hateful poisonous bigot to a level of hero status is exactly the type of dull brained fucking moron behaviour you expect from **** though

8 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Regarding Jimmy Bell, let's call it what it is..... if he was just some wee standard guy who was the kitman for years there would have been a tweet from the club and a few RIP type posts on social media....

....the reason for the fawning tributes and the hero status among *** fans is purely and simply because he was a swivel headed sectarian fucking mutant who hated Catholics and anything connected to Celtic, the type of c**t who would throw his daughter down the stairs for dating a guy with a name like Declan or Brendan. 

What did surprise me somewhat was the press and media and their bizarre tributes to him, painting him as a salt of the earth modern day working class hero, just because the guy is dead doesn't alter the fact he was an absolute fucking reptile.

Some of the things he said to the Italian players in particular in the late 90's Rangers signed were actually downright despicable and in any other line of work or place of employment would result in the sack and possibly even a brush with the authorities. 

Elevating a hateful poisonous bigot to a level of hero status is exactly the type of dull brained fucking moron behaviour you expect from **** though

The state of you 😂

Just now, Flybhoy said:

A sectarian bigot is a sectarian bigot and that is the case whether they are dead or alive.    

Pointing that is is hardly a 'state'

On what planet is he a "sectarian bigot"? This is all conjecture with no basis. Personally I would rather go by the eulogies and testimonials of all the people that knew him of all backgrounds than weirdos like yourself with axes to grind.

3 minutes ago, DMCs said:

On what planet is he a "sectarian bigot"? This is all conjecture with no basis. Personally I would rather go by the eulogies and testimonials of all the people that knew him of all backgrounds than weirdos like yourself with axes to grind.

Refusing to lay out the kit for Catholic players, instigating and encouraging sectarian sing songs in the dressing room, telling Italian players not to wear crucifix chains in and around Ibrox, standing with his hands by his side refusing to join in minutes applauses for Jimmy Johnstone and Tommy Burns despite all the Rangers staff beside him doing so amongst many other examples of what an all round fucking scumbag the guy was.....but hey, it's all a laugh apparently eh?

20220508_222830.jpg

1 minute ago, Flybhoy said:

Refusing to lay out the kit for Catholic players, instigating and encouraging sectarian sing songs in the dressing room, telling Italian players not to wear crucifix chains in and around Ibrox, standing with his hands by his side refusing to join in minutes applauses for Jimmy Johnstone and Tommy Burns despite all the Rangers staff beside him doing so amongst many other examples of what an all round fucking scumbag the guy was.....but hey, it's all a laugh apparently eh?

20220508_222830.jpg

You do realise that Amoruso is openly praising him in that dedication? I get you aren't the smartest but surely even you can grasp that?

5 minutes ago, DMCs said:

You do realise that Amoruso is openly praising him in that dedication? I get you aren't the smartest but surely even you can grasp that?

If you read the last sentence in my post you will note I am specifically making a nod to how Amoruso and others eulogise his blatant sectarian behaviour as part of his 'character' and actually quite funny, that this somehow makes it acceptable and alright, I know you aren't the brightest but thought you might have grasped that.

Most Rangers fans openly embrace his 'staunchness' and blatant hatred of Celtic and Catholics so it's somewhat bizarre to see you try and deny this on here, there is also a segment on the BBC series 'Scotland's Game' from about 5 years ago where cameras were inside the Rangers dressing room after winning the league at Tannadice one year and he can be openly seen starting a charming song containing the line "f**k the Pope and the Vatican" and encouraging the foreign players to join in.

The guy was an absolute mutant and the fact he has passed away doesn't change that.

2 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

If you read the last sentence in my post you will note I am specifically making a nod to how Amoruso and others eulogise his blatant sectarian behaviour as part of his 'character' and actually quite funny, that this somehow makes it acceptable and alright, I know you aren't the brightest but thought you might have grasped that.

Most Rangers fans openly embrace his 'staunchness' and blatant hatred of Celtic and Catholics so it's somewhat bizarre to see you try and deny this on here, there is also a segment on the BBC series 'Scotland's Game' from about 5 years ago where cameras were inside the Rangers dressing room after winning the league at Tannadice one year and he can be openly seen starting a charming song containing the line "f**k the Pope and the Vatican" and encouraging the foreign players to join in.

The guy was an absolute mutant and the fact he has passed away doesn't change that.

"Sectarian behaviour" 😂

You do realise what sectarianism actually is don't you? Not wanting your rivals colours' in the dressing room has nothing to do with that.

We get it you've clearly been seething at our European run and have now decided to go on a very strange and embittered rant at someone who has passed away. 

It's all rather sad behaviour from a sad individual.

We've just taken our title back chump so I can assure you I'm anything but seething 😎

As I touched on before, Rangers fans actively worshipped this guy for being a Catholic hating little bigot, quite embarrassing that you are actively trying to deny this.