Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

2 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

I disagree. Aberdeen mounted a somewhat presentable challenge at various points throughout the season.

Aberdeen were only relatively close due to the faiuluire of Celtic to strengthen during the period I mentioned . You also could afford to gamble on a "rookie" manager . Last season we saw Celtic with an experience decent manager who had a bit of cash to splash if required I.e 4.5 million for Sinclair and as should be it blew aberdeen and ourselves out the water . Celtic would never have gambled with deila for two seasons if he was up against a rangers team of Walter smiths quality pre 2012 

Aberdeen were only relatively close due to the faiuluire of Celtic to strengthen during the period I mentioned . You also could afford to gamble on a "rookie" manager . Last season we saw Celtic with an experience decent manager who had a bit of cash to splash if required I.e 4.5 million for Sinclair and as should be it blew aberdeen and ourselves out the water . Celtic would never have gambled with deila for two seasons if he was up against a rangers team of Walter smiths quality pre 2012 

We also gambled on a "rookie" manager with Neil Lennon when Rangers mk1 was operating in the prem league.

28 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

We also gambled on a "rookie" manager with Neil Lennon when Rangers mk1 was operating in the prem league.

But look at calibre of signings Lennon made . Also Lennon knew exactly what was required at Celtic and how the club operated and worked for a short time under strachan if I remember rightly ?Challenge or beat rangers And the job is yours . After all the was only probably 45 minutes from facing the sack back in 2011 after falling 3-0 behind Kilmarnock and staring at 12 point gap opening up in early October . As we all know that game was turned round and we then dropped points at home to st mirren later that same day .Deila was never exposed to that cut throat pressure that Mowbray and le guen endured and failed . We took the same risk with Mcoist and in more normal circumstance he would have probably been out on his arse after 2012 after the lead he blew 

Edited by Forever_blueco

You didn't really have much choice after he was given the job as a caretaker and won 10 games in a row or whatever it was.

But look at calibre of signings Lennon made . Also Lennon knew exactly what was required at Celtic and how the club operated and worked for a short time under strachan if I remember rightly ?Challenge or beat rangers And the job is yours . After all the was only probably 45 minutes from facing the sack back in 2011 after falling 3-0 behind Kilmarnock and staring at 12 point gap opening up in early October . As we all know that game was turned round and we then dropped points at home to st mirren later that same day .Deila was never exposed to that cut throat pressure that Mowbray and le guen endured and failed . We took the same risk with Mcoist and in more normal circumstance he would have probably been out on his arse after 2012 after the lead he blew 

Gordon, Simunovic, Sviatchenko, Boyata, Denayer, Christie, Armstrong, Paddy Roberts, all signed under Deila.

We looked at implementing a new style, Lenny got some stars with Wanyama and Van Dijk.

Regardless of whether Rangers are in the league or not, the challenge for Celtic should always be entertaining the fans, and filling the stadium.

The board has found that out the hard way under Strachan and Deila.

If the football's not up to scratch, punters won't turn up.

13 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

Seriously? You think there is substance to Kings 2IAR statement? I just viewed as a pathetic attempt at trolling and epic fail to belittle Celtic's 6 IAR. Especially as it's one of The Rangers fan base's biggest goals to stop Celtic achieving 10 IAR. King knows his target market and by said post above that you have been bought hook line and sinker. I can just see him laughing at buying four more years of failure from fans like you if you think it's really only two between Celtic while Aberdeen were pushing Celtic after Rangers went tits up.

For four years Scottish football fans told us that first place irrelevant, second place was the new the first place.... Etc.

Not that much of a difference from Kings comments my learned friend.

14 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Gordon, Simunovic, Sviatchenko, Boyata, Denayer, Christie, Armstrong, Paddy Roberts, all signed under Deila.

We looked at implementing a new style, Lenny got some stars with Wanyama and Van Dijk.

Regardless of whether Rangers are in the league or not, the challenge for Celtic should always be entertaining the fans, and filling the stadium.

The board has found that out the hard way under Strachan and Deila.

If the football's not up to scratch, punters won't turn up.

Stachan who you kept for 4 years and guided you to three titles and back to back last 16 appearances :lol: you might hold onto this romantic notion that Celtic is all about entertaining the crowds just now while you enjoy a period of dominance and everything seems rosy  but it's not . The reality being if it came right down to it you would take 38 1-0 borefests if it meant you still toppled a challenging strong rangers .

and as for filling the stadium then deila clearly failed 

Edited by Forever_blueco

Stachan who you kept for 4 years and guided you to three titles and back to back last 16 appearances :lol: you might hold onto this romantic notion that Celtic is all about entertaining the crowds just now while you enjoy a period of dominance and everything seems rosy  but it's not . The reality being if it came right down to it you would take 38 1-0 borefests if it meant you still toppled a challenging strong rangers .

and as for filling the stadium then deila clearly failed 

Towards the end of Strachan's reign the football was dire, he was signing players like Willo Flood ffs.

I'd rather watch a talented Celtic side, dominating domestically and doing well in Europe, than all the old firm games you can offer.

Believe it or not, it's not all about the Rangers.

3 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Towards the end of Strachan's reign the football was dire, he was signing players like Willo Flood ffs.

I'd rather watch a talented Celtic side, dominating domestically and doing well in Europe, than all the old firm games you can offer.

Believe it or not, it's not all about the Rangers.

So Celtic playing free flowing football but second fiddle to rangers over a period of years over winning the league ? Would you take it ?

So Celtic playing free flowing football but second fiddle to rangers over a period of years over winning the league ? Would you take it ?

Nice try. Dominating domestically, with or without rangers.

You's lot really aren't interested in Scottish football at all are you?

30 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Nice try. Dominating domestically, with or without rangers.

You's lot really aren't interested in Scottish football at all are you?

Your final point makes no sense. Without rangers you are always going to dominate Scottish football. Let's cut the whole charade for a minute  and admit that the only real challenge to celtics dominance is a full strength and fully functioning Rangers .not making any predictions of when such a scenario might come round because who knows, could be tomorrow or could be 2025 .  Aberdeen are realistically never going to take the title from Celtic and with the gulf in resources it should never happen . The fact it was looking slightly likely at one point was down to deilas management 

and the reality is that when faced with a challenging Rangers side you would happily take consistency over skill and flair as long as it delivered you the title every season 

lets just say hypothetically speaking rangers went out next season and won 38 games 1-0 playing the most boring football imaginable yet Celtic played free flowing football , exciting to watch but lost a few games and therefore lost the title . Would you be happy with that ?

Edited by Forever_blueco

Your final point makes no sense. Without rangers you are always going to dominate Scottish football. Let's cut the whole charade for a minute  and admit that the only real challenge to celtics dominance is a full strength and fully functioning Rangers .not making any predictions of when such a scenario might come round because who knows, could be tomorrow or could be 2025 .  Aberdeen are realistically never going to take the title from Celtic and with the gulf in resources it should never happen . The fact it was looking slightly likely at one point was down to deilas management 

and the reality is that when faced with a challenging Rangers side you would happily take consistency over skill and flair as long as it delivered you the title every season 

lets just say hypothetically speaking rangers went out next season and won 38 games 1-0 playing the most boring football imaginable yet Celtic played free flowing football , exciting to watch but lost a few games and therefore lost the title . Would you be happy with that ?

Wherever did you get the assumption that I be happy losing the league to rangers?

May seem a strange concept for berrz to understand, Rangers are not the attraction for me (they do occasionally provide great comical entertainment). I'd gladly swap all the ugly derbies if we continue to dominate domestically and make improvements in Europe.

Celtic have a sound sustainable financial model, the challenge is developing the squad, attracting the best talent to perform on a European stage.

Sorry mate, I'm normally an advocate of yours on here but this has irked me.

Why on earth do you concern yourself with how close or not aberdeen got to Celtic in the years you were in a different league? It comes across as being desperate for acknowledgement of some sort of status simply because you're rangers.

Celtic played the league they were in and won it. We gave them a bit of a run for their money (if not anything significant), far more than you did last year.

You may well return to being that force in Scottish football one day but until then who fucking cares about what you think should be the nature of Scottish football?

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

1rx1d9.jpg

King knows it's obviously 6IAR but he's quite right in saying only 2 of them have any relevance. Didn't Neil Lennon even say he never got any respect for winning championships because Rangers weren't there?....

They might win 10IAR but people will always say Rangers couldn't prevent 4 of them, which admittedly makes' Rangers determination to stop it a contradiction. Rangers should just be focusing on stopping 7IAR and forget about getting the excuses in early for the next few seasons.

Rangers are doing that, to be fair, from what they've spent in the transfer market so far.

Your final point makes no sense. Without rangers you are always going to dominate Scottish football. Let's cut the whole charade for a minute  and admit that the only real challenge to celtics dominance is a full strength and fully functioning Rangers

I honestly don't see where this opinion comes from. Two seasons in a row Aberdeen took us to the split and finished 15 pts behind us both times if memory serves me right.

When we won league titles In 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2012 we did so just as comfortably over Rangers if not more comfortably. We have pretty much dominated Scottish football since 2000 with or without Rangers in the top league. Aberdeen offered up as much of a challenge as Rangers did on any of the seasons I've listed.

In fact the only titles Rangers have won since the mid 80s have all been when you have spent money that you couldn't afford to spend. Is that what Scottish football needs In your eyes?

There has been no emphasis on developing youth or developing a sustainable financial model at your club since Murray walked through the door, even after what happened in 2012. Not one lesson has been learned yet Celtic are not allowed to enjoy their success because your club can't look after itself.

We were in the shitter and had to stand by and watch Rangers pump everyone for the best part of 12 years, we took our medicine and lived within our means while we built towards the future. That future is now here and I couldn't give a flying f**k who challenges us or what Rangers do, we done things the right way and I will enjoy every last second of our success while it lasts.

38 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

I honestly don't see where this opinion comes from. Two seasons in a row Aberdeen took us to the split and finished 15 pts behind us both times if memory serves me right.

When we won league titles In 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2012 we did so just as comfortably over Rangers if not more comfortably. We have pretty much dominated Scottish football since 2000 with or without Rangers in the top league. Aberdeen offered up as much of a challenge as Rangers did on any of the seasons I've listed.

In fact the only titles Rangers have won since the mid 80s have all been when you have spent money that you couldn't afford to spend. Is that what Scottish football needs In your eyes?

There has been no emphasis on developing youth or developing a sustainable financial model at your club since Murray walked through the door, even after what happened in 2012. Not one lesson has been learned yet Celtic are not allowed to enjoy their success because your club can't look after itself.

We were in the shitter and had to stand by and watch Rangers pump everyone for the best part of 12 years, we took our medicine and lived within our means while we built towards the future. That future is now here and I couldn't give a flying f**k who challenges us or what Rangers do, we done things the right way and I will enjoy every last second of our success while it lasts.

Where am I saying not to enjoy your success :lol: give me one instance where I have said that