Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

Tom English taking stick from the g&g's for being rational and not jumping on the sevco bandwagon.

@BBCTomEnglish To various: That band you're referring to played at a British-Irish intergovernmental St Patrick's Day bash not long ago.

They are well known for campaigning against sectarianism and breaking down barriers.

But since it's sevco lets forget aboot reason..

In all honesty, it does seem that if you are going to have a band of flute toting jake-balls dressed in pseudo-military uniforms with a provocative name at your football match, they seem the least offensive.

Why you would have one at all though, is clearly the unanswerable question.

Does anyone have a set list from the game? What songs were they playing, as I doubt it was "she'll be coming round the mountain" followed by the theme from Thunderbirds.

In all honesty, it does seem that if you are going to have a band of flute toting jake-balls dressed in pseudo-military uniforms with a provocative name at your football match, they seem the least offensive.

Why you would have one at all though, is clearly the unanswerable question.

Does anyone have a set list from the game? What songs were they playing, as I doubt it was "she'll be coming round the mountain" followed by the theme from Thunderbirds.

Flute toting jake balls :lol:

I'm sure that this didn't happen by chance, and I'm equally sure Sevco contacted Linfield well in advance to ensure that their hosts were clear that no sectarian flute bands would be in attendance and only the most socially inclusive of the available would partake in the day's events, as Sevco are making a concerted effort to clamp down on sectarianism in all its forms.

Yep.

I'm sure that this didn't happen by chance, and I'm equally sure Sevco contacted Linfield well in advance to ensure that their hosts were clear that no sectarian flute bands would be in attendance and only the most socially inclusive of the available would partake in the day's events, as Sevco are making a concerted effort to clamp down on sectarianism in all its forms.

Yep.

Zombies Against Bhigotry

That'd make a great t-shirt.

Heritage and culture etc, etc.......

Five minutes later Shota Arveladze replaced him and the Georgian was jeered, at the time and when on the ball later, by a large section of the crowd for conspiciously crossing himself before he took the field. The striker looked baffled, as well he might have been.

Same fixture 2002.

Heritage and culture etc, etc.......