Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

10 hours ago, bennett said:

2007/08 Celtic won the league, we won both cups.

It felt like a loss to me

In fairness, if my side won trophies with sides bulging with players whose registration was carried out in deceitful terms, I probably couldn't take pride or pleasure in it either.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Pretty damning evidence here that the absolute rocket on Sportsound last night is entirely representative of the ridiculously entitled, arrogant beyond any sense of reason, spend 'MORE' never mind if we can afford it or not attitude. Great stuff, hope you kill your club again you fucking idiots.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

In fairness, if my side won trophies with sides bulging with players whose registration was carried out in deceitful terms, I probably couldn't take pride or pleasure in it either.

Indeed.

The triumphalism shown by Rangers/Sevco fans at this #EBTMemories stuff we saw was quite staggering.

It's the way their brain works. Incapable of objectively in any capacity.  Everything is black and white to them; either they won something or they won it.

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

In fairness the EBTmemories stuff was quite clearly a pisstake to wind up their hooped best mates.

I actually thought it was relatively funny.

That's a given.  But make no mistake, the vast majority of Rangers fans think they did nothing wrong and these titles were won fairly.

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

That's a given.  But make no mistake, the vast majority of Rangers fans think they did nothing wrong and these titles were won fairly.

But don't you see?

These titles were won on the pitch, unlike the other contentious sporting titles that must presumably have been won at traffic lights, or in garden centres or something.

Cletus has found a new bralt, ZZZzzzzzz....

I echo your sleepy sentiment. I click on this thread to catch up with the latest Rangers news, not to hear the same old drivel that illuminates some of the other Rangers-related threads.

Let's get back on topic and discuss Warbs, Waggy, Tavs and the rest of the gang.

13 minutes ago, energyzone said:

I echo your sleepy sentiment. I click on this thread to catch up with the latest Rangers news, not to hear the same old drivel that illuminates some of the other Rangers-related threads.

Let's get back on topic and discuss Warbs, Waggy, Tavs and the rest of the gang.

Indeed.  There's a tendency for all the The Rangers threads to become mini BRALTS, which is annoying.

Interesting to see who Warbs puts up front.  Choosing from Wee Barrie, Kenny, Waggy, Harry, O'Hallorny and Garnery (Garny?  Garni?) won't be easy.  I'd tend to go with: McKay, Miller and Garner.

Edited by The_Kincardine

12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.  There's a tendency for all the The Rangers threads to become mini BRALTS, which is annoying.

Interesting to see who Warbs puts up front.  Choosing from Wee Barrie, Kenny, Waggy, Harry, O'Hallorny and Garnery (Garny?  Garni?) won't be easy.  I'd tend to go with: McKay, Miller and Garner.

Seriously?, this from an auld fart that regularly corrects posters for bad grammar etc, and on the match thread your cuisine knowledge about toasties is unsurpassed and not a sausage about the game almost. You do know what a hypocrite is?

2 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Seriously?, this from an auld fart that regularly corrects posters for bad grammar etc, and on the match thread your cuisine knowledge about toasties is unsurpassed and not a sausage about the game almost. You do know what a hypocrite is?

Fcuks got your goat?

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

Fcuks got your goat?

The auld goat being his usual self asking others to post about football while he complains and posts about grammar and how to make the perfect toastie ffs. Whit's making your arse twitchy? :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

Taking a guess on who is fit enough to play.

Fodery

Tavy

Kierny

Wilsony

Wallacey

Halliday, holty, barty (windassy if holty isn't fit)

Barrie, Kenny, Forrestery

Close but isn't wee Holty still injured?  My full starting 11 will be:

Wessy

Tavy Kierny No Surrenderossy Wallacey

Barty Halliday-ey Windassy

Barrie Garnery Kenny

I'm sure I read somewhere that he's been back in training this week but no idea if he's fit enough to start. We've missed his runs and ability to find space to run into.

Atleast we've got plenty of options this season.

So do Rangers fans not like cup wins because they expect to win them and/or because they never get to celebrate their team bringing a cup home in an open topped bus journey through a throng of their fans?

I can kinda see why 'Old Firm' fans would see cup wins as 'hollow'. Although I'm maybe looking at it from a different angle.

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that he's been back in training this week but no idea if he's fit enough to start. We've missed his runs and ability to find space to run into.

Atleast we've got plenty of options this season.

I just googled and, yes, Holt is fit.  He's been missed.

20 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

So do Rangers fans not like cup wins because they expect to win them and/or because they never get to celebrate their team bringing a cup home in an open topped bus journey through a throng of their fans?

I can kinda see why 'Old Firm' fans would see cup wins as 'hollow'. Although I'm maybe looking at it from a different angle.

Bunch of liars the Sevconians, no cup to them is hollow when they are actually playing in a final. I don't meet any that don't want to win everything they compete in.

They want silverware won every year so they can boast n brag about how much better they are than anyone else and how much bigger their trophy count is.

The only thing that's hollow to the Ragers fans is the space between their ears lacking and devoid of any brain matter.

17 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Bunch of liars the Sevconians, no cup to them is hollow when they are actually playing in a final. I don't meet any that don't want to win everything they compete in.

They want silverware won every year so they can boast n brag about how much better they are than anyone else and how much bigger their trophy count is.

The only thing that's hollow to the Ragers fans is the space between their ears lacking and devoid of any brain matter.

How is this different to the attitude of Celtic fans with regards to trophies?

Just now, jagfox99 said:

How is this different to the attitude of Celtic fans with regards to trophies?

Because I don't think my club winning the cups are hollow. Celtic haven't had any treble in recent years as many thought might happen and a league and cup double is hard to come by because Celtic are usually pish in the cups. So to me personally winning any of the cups is an achievement of sorts.