Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

RANGERS are on the verge of striking a pay-off deal with Joey Barton.

SunSport can exclusively reveal negotiations have taken place in the last 48 hours with Barton's Ibrox career almost officially OVER.

The 34-year-old signed a two -year deal worth £18,000-a-week when he joined the club in July.

But it's understood Gers chiefs are close to reaching a compromise agreement they're happy with to rip up his contract.

Barton was forced to train with the Gers kids at Murray Park last week following his bitter bust-up with manager Mark Warburton.

But it’s understood the midfielder has now returned south - with Gers chiefs telling him they don’t want him to return.

And the Ibrox club are on the verge of revealing the saga involving the former England star has ended

Maybe Barton the footballer needed time to settle. At no time did he look like he justified these wages, that was stupid wages of the Charles Green era. Joey the person is just the the worst possible enemy of Joey the footballer.

Maybe he thought he really would stroll Scottish football.

Image result for joey barton rangers gifs kilmarnock

Are any Bears concerned by the revelation of Joey Barton's wage level?

Paying a 34 year old £18k a week for two years must have seemed a good idea in the summer to the Rangers management team. Do you worry how much is being paid to other high profile signings?

Do you think the decision to hire Barton and the others was good for your club? Do you feel The Rangers are in safe hands as you continue the journey to winning major national trophies? Is there any concern at all that limited resources may be being squandered, or even worse, the club is overspending at a level which threatens future financial stability?

I can probably count of one hand the amount of times I've heard in the last 4 years I've heard a Rangers fan say 'f**k me, we need to reign in the spending a bit, we don't want anything else to happen'.

They're fucking lapping it all up; signing the 'marquee' names and thinking they're going to push their business partners in the East End.

16 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I can probably count of one hand the amount of times I've heard in the last 4 years I've heard a Rangers fan say 'f**k me, we need to reign in the spending a bit, we don't want anything else to happen'.

They're fucking lapping it all up; signing the 'marquee' names and thinking they're going to push their business partners in the East End.

Instead they are now closer to the bottom of the league points wise than they are to Celtic.