Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

Come on everyone, is this even serious anymore? The vote is a shambles, an embarrassment, amateur, even maybe influenced.

Is it illegal? Most likely not. Definitely embarrassing beyond belief for an organisation of its size. Clearly not properly led by a guy on Doncasters salary. Is it fundamentally wrong, unfair or illegal though? Absolutely not from what we've seen so far. If Rangers have something more incredible then get it out in the open. At that point some other people will get behind it if the evidence is there. At that point the SPFL wont be able to row back and hide it.

Basically, we continue with the current people and their obvious self preservation policy. Or Rangers show what they have and we change path.

No one outside rangers or celtic cares who wins the league cos it is "wan eh yez" and doesn't impact us. Hopefully it will one day.

6 minutes ago, Stevieda said:

No one outside rangers or celtic cares who wins the league cos it is "wan eh yez" and doesn't impact us. Hopefully it will one day.

That make is all right then.  I suspect  this will be the attitude if we're ever so blighted as to get a Banana Republic of Scotland.

1 hour ago, CambieBud said:

Hearts fans must be proud to be in league with Integrity FC. It would make me feel dirty

No they don,t ..Hearts  fans have every right to be pissed off with a vote that punishes  them and awards titles to teams who have not mathematically won them .. Whatever The Rangers are looking for is not quite the same..Partick , Stranrear and Falkirk also will feel the exact same , but if more clubs support their stance , im fine with that..All these teams lose something , The Rangers lose nothing except their rivals goading them about 9/10 ,, so what...

That make is all right then.  I suspect  this will be the attitude if we're ever so blighted as to get a Banana Republic of Scotland.
Well quoted on one sentence in my post. What about the rest of it? The part where I say it's a shambles but struggle to see anything illegal. Also, the part I say other clubs will undoubtedly get behind Rangers if they have evidence that's shows any kind of criminal or inappropriate act?

Until then its the 2 big brothers squabbling which we dont care about. Show us something wrong by Celtic or SPFL and the fans of every other club will come out in force together and stop it. Like the fans stopped Rangers Phoenix admittance to anything but the bottom tier of the professional league when the actual club chairmen themselves would have voted them in higher.

If Rangers have anything serious or consequential the other clubs fans will back them. Otherwise its another squabble with your mates across the city. None of which affects any other club in Scotland.

3 minutes ago, Stevieda said:

Well quoted on one sentence in my post. What about the rest of it? 

There is no need for 'the rest of it'.  That the entire process was flawed is a given and that the SPFL should be taken to task is beyond contention.

No they don,t ..Hearts  fans have every right to be pissed off with a vote that punishes  them and awards titles to teams who have not mathematically won them .. Whatever The Rangers are looking for is not quite the same..Partick , Stranrear and Falkirk also will feel the exact same , but if more clubs support their stance , im fine with that..All these teams lose something , The Rangers lose nothing except their rivals goading them about 9/10 ,, so what...
It's terrible to send Hearts down based on the current table. My team, Accies, are 4 points above them and even on the next fixture I'd have been looking at a possibility, if they won 3 points and we lost, they could go somehow go above us (relegation mindset - of fans not players). Of course they couldn't but that's how close it was and also that's Accies fans mentality.

On that gap the consensus between our fans was that Hearts would come good and and catch us ( not based on any talent or ability or form, just based on we always think we'll get beat) so we'd have to catch at least one team above us (which we definitely would have, ahem, paisley or Killie or some other fodder for sure, like we always do...)

Just like I dont care who is voted league champion but can agree something about the current vote is not quite right (Kinky) I also dont care who is voted down, as long as it isnt us, even though I admit that it is wrong. I dont think it's right for Hearts to go down but if Accies were bottom now not a single club or their director would have argued our favour. So roll on 20/21...

There is no need for 'the rest of it'.  That the entire process was flawed is a given and that the SPFL should be taken to task is beyond contention.
I genuinely want to be on the anti SPFL bandwagon if supporting material is there. Your arguments and lack of evidence, to me as a neutral however, are pushing me further away from wrongdoing being a possible reality I think? My mind is open but I only see SPFL incompetence rather than obstruction (or even illegality) at the moment.

It's not a 'given' that the process was flawed. It definitely felt unsatisfying for us that watched the embarrassing vote unfold, especially those that's club lost or didnt gain from it. How was 10 of 12 enough to carry in this instance?

Well unfortunately, in the cold light of day of this SPFL voting system it's always the case, historically, that only a small number of clubs gain from the votes of the Board. It's quite incredible that a members association of equals requires on voting that only 80%, or 11/12 of votes, are required to decide a motion. That's a conversation of equals and bullying for another time though. Normally this voting system sets aside the concerns of smaller clubs (known as diddies) as inconsequential. Currently it renders the 2nd largest Scottish club (or also considered by some as the most successful domestic club in the world) as out voted in the current circumstances. Amazingly Scottish football has had a great laugh at the Rangers expense for a decade.

At the moment every club is feeling a dislike for the way the game is run, and how decisions are taken. One club claims they have evidence that will blow it all open. Release it and we, the diddy fans of Scottish football, will be on your side. You cant fear them brushing it under the carpet if we all know. If you have truth, tell it.

My main point is that, if the SPFL Board did something prejudicial, illegal or even in our view morally wrong, what would the other clubs fans do?

If Rangers brought their evidence to the table and it showed clear deviation from sporting integrity do you think other clubs fans would ignore it or stand behind it?

Those clubs would equally laugh at their rival Glasweigian brothers should fortune transition. It's time to show your evidence and take us with you on a breach of sporting integrity charge. Or let's all go back to preseason training, seeing who we can afford to sign, and battling amongst our friends, peers and rivals for our own type of glory.

Rangers dossier reminds of the 2016 cup final when we were assured that the entire Rangers team was assaulted by our glorious jubilant warrior poets.

(we know that one guy tried to skelp the *** keeper but - like a fanny - missed........)

The tabloids, Tom English, Chico et al ran with this "entire team assaulted, Hibs should lose the cup" style story which was taken as truth until Kenny Miller himself confirmed it was utter crap.

This is going the same way - no doubt todays Sportsound will - again - be demanding some kind of enquiry and neatly ignoring that Rangers (just like 2016) produced no evidence.

Odd, isnt it that - back then - their lies were on the back of losing a cup they felt guaranteed to win. Today its all about stopping Celtic winning a title.

Fannies

55 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Spot on Romeo. This thread is like a competition between Hearts and Hibs fans to see who can get furthest up Rangers and Celtic’s arse 😂.

Hibs fans have been consistent in laughing at Sevco and Hearts motives, but I cant really remember one example of the above bits in bold.

Feel free to post examples though.........

10 hours ago, CambieBud said:

Hearts fans must be proud to be in league with Integrity FC. It would make me feel dirty

Why would Hearts fans support celtic? Especially when that would see them getting relegated,  it makes no sense. They can't be relegated when they still have 8 games to play for, similar with the other end of the table when theres still 9 games to play for.

Didn't you guys turn St Mirrens new stadium into a mini parkhead?

9 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Hibs fans have been consistent in laughing at Sevco and Hearts motives, but I cant really remember one example of the above bits in bold.

Feel free to post examples though.........

Loads and loads of examples of both all over the forum on various threads mate.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

Why would Hearts fans support celtic? Especially when that would see them getting relegated,  it makes no sense. They can't be relegated when they still have 8 games to play for, similar with the other end of the table when theres still 9 games to play for.

Didn't you guys turn St Mirrens new stadium into a mini parkhead?

Why do you think rangers have chance of winning the league now when they are 13 points and 25 goals behind Celtic when all season you have stated many times that rangers have no chance..?

A simple question,  have a go at answering it.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Loads and loads of examples of both all over the forum on various threads mate.

This is made up shite.

I will ask again, please post one of those "loads and loads" of examples of Hibs fans tongues up Celtics hoop, I dont care what thread its from.

Except you love a good Sevco thread...

I do indeed Kincy! Since your new club came into existence they have been an absolute basket case, taking over from your East End business partners in the paranoid, chip on the shoulder attitudes. The opportunity was there to start again, dump the Northern Irish 17th Century, no surrender infantile mentality and play football. But no, the reincarnation are in many ways worse than your predecessor. The latest examples being the Uber Unionist PR Guru from Belfast and this ridiculous attention seeking tantrum over the league completion. It is great lockdown entertainment but truly embarrassing

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

This is made up shite.

I will ask again, please post one of those "loads and loads" of examples of Hibs fans tongues up Celtics hoop, I dont care what thread its from.

You are brothers apparently.

Anyway it’s none of my business mate. You can follow who you like.

FD1F5432-40B4-4A6B-9B94-B700AB666F72.png

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn