The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet another game where Toshney has offered nothing from full back and VDS has been beaten in the air for a headed goal, surely it's time to try switching positions between the two of them? Every raith fans comments about Toshney are why is he playing right back, he was terrific at centre half.

What are Darren Dods and Lee Wilkie up to? Surely we could construct one defensive machine from both of them? Even if it just chugged about on the pitch assaulting people, broken Terminator/Robocop style. Would be an improvement. Or at least more entertaining.

13 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I thought Dillon did pretty well when he came on yesterday...just sayin'.

I was seething at him for the 'attempt' at stopping the cross for the 3rd.

The general lack of pressure on any Falkirk player in the buildup to that goal was criminal.

1 minute ago, Zetterlund said:

I was seething at him for the 'attempt' at stopping the cross for the 3rd.

The general lack of pressure on any Falkirk player in the buildup to that goal was criminal.

He should have got closer to Hippolyte but until that point he had managed to handle him much better than Toshney did. The second and third goal both came from tiredness and a lack of shape from us. We had nothing in the middle of the park and it is two fairly basic crosses that result in the late goals. Harsh to blame Edge for the second, it was a sclaff off his leg. Should have done much better for the third though. 

We're perhaps being a tad harsh on the players, could and maybe should have scored 2 or 3 in the first half from excellently manufactured positions. Then four players get injured, including the heartbeat that is Flood. And we don't have a striker.

Any idea what the problem was with Andreu? Seemed like he was passed a pill or something from the bench, but went off a while after anyhow.

13 minutes ago, banana said:

We're perhaps being a tad harsh on the players, could and maybe should have scored 2 or 3 in the first half from excellently manufactured positions. Then four players get injured, including the heartbeat that is Flood. And we don't have a striker.

Any idea what the problem was with Andreu? Seemed like he was passed a pill or something from the bench, but went off a while after anyhow.

He had a rib injury from during the week and then aggravated it during the game. Toshney had a stomach bug which is why he went off. Sound like Tuesday will be too soon for Murdoch and Flood might be out for a week or to. Telfer will also struggling you would imagine.

After 80 minutes yesterday it looked like it would be a draw and I would have been happy with that. Two lapses and it feels awful to lose but I think some of the reaction has been a little over the top. 

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Who was the left back? He really struggled.

Jamie Robson. He struggled yesterday because Taiwo had him totally dominated and Tope in front of him gave him no real support. He has shown some real promising flashes but I think McKinnon will always prefer Dixon by virtue of experience more than anything else. 

Guest Back Post Misses
Jamie Robson. He struggled yesterday because Taiwo had him totally dominated and Tope in front of him gave him no real support. He has shown some real promising flashes but I think McKinnon will always prefer Dixon by virtue of experience more than anything else. 

A kid I presume ?

We're still at least three players away from making a decent fist of this season. Two strikers and a right back required. No idea if the money is there, but surely McKinnon realises we can't play with Murray up front on his own? Wondering if the budget was done with Andreu's signing. His availability was probably to good to resist for McKinnon, but has left us overburdened with attacking midfielders and desperately short up front. Must be the only club in the country with one recognised striker in the squad.

13 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Everyone knew that we needed a striker before the window shut. To be left in the position of having Simon fuckin Murray as our only recognised striker is bordering on gross negligence

Shola Ameobi and Emile Heskey are the names I'm hearing.

Archived