The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

I loved Dixon in his first spell and it really pains me to admit hes been fucking horrendous since he came back.  It was actually one of McNamaras signings that made sense on paper as nobody expected that he had declined that badly.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Aladdin said:

I loved Dixon in his first spell and it really pains me to admit hes been fucking horrendous since he came back.  It was actually one of McNamaras signings that made sense on paper as nobody expected that he had declined that badly.

We released a similarly functioning Keith Watson who offered the same (possibly better) as Dixon too.

24 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

McGowan wasn't really the club's 'fault'. He wanted to go back to China and be closer to home plus we got 300k for a player who wouldn't have signed a new contract. If anything it was a tremendous piece of business.

I remain sceptical about that £300k figure. ST said we took in £1.2 million for Ciftci, McGowan and Souttar. Only way it adds up is if we received just £700-800k, of a reputed £1.5 million deal, up front for Ciftci. Not impossible, but I would guess all of our reported transfer fees are massively inflated in the press by a willing chairman keen to placate the support. Or at least the total fee, made up of numerous triggers and clauses, is unlikely to ever be realised.

2 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

I remain sceptical about that £300k figure. ST said we took in £1.2 million for Ciftci, McGowan and Souttar. Only way it adds up is if we received just £700-800k, of a reputed £1.5 million deal, up front for Ciftci. Not impossible, but I would guess all of our reported transfer fees are massively inflated in the press by a willing chairman keen to placate the support. Or at least the total fee, made up of numerous triggers and clauses, is unlikely to ever be realised.

No doubt that we don't know the exact amount brought in by each individual transfer (300k might be the 'value' of the deal with multiple payments spread over a period of time for example). McGowan was never going to stay with United though, he came to earn a bit of money being back in Scotland but he was always going to head back to China given the money he will now be on and being closer to home.

Did Ciftci not get about 30% cut of any money we got for him. I'm sure that was the case. I'm also sure van hoydonkey got a good cut as would the usual suspects so we probably got about 750k for him. 300k for McGowan and 150k odds for Souttar and thats 1.2 million..

13 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Did Ciftci not get about 30% cut of any money we got for him. I'm sure that was the case. I'm also sure van hoydonkey got a good cut as would the usual suspects so we probably got about 750k for him. 300k for McGowan and 150k odds for Souttar and thats 1.2 million..

Aye, you're right actually. Not sure if it was 30% but he was definitely due a cut. 

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

Minter, agreed? 

47 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Anyone who comes up with pish like this should be made to wear it three times a week for as long as they live.

And twice a week after they die.

Ybasbnp.jpg

That's like when you blown all your money on CM and you start offering them ridiculous appearance/goal fees to make up their wage. Of that list Michel Platini stands out for me.

54 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

That's like when you blown all your money on CM and you start offering them ridiculous appearance/goal fees to make up their wage. Of that list Michel Platini stands out for me.

f**k it. Let's sign Berbatov and Klose. We'd fucking piss this league with those two.

Or maybe we should have grabbed Pele while he was in the country. He'd make us harder up front.

19 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

With a sneaky 25m release clause.

feliz.gif

I'd still like to think that if the three midfielders behind the striker are all on form then either Cammy Smith of Van der Velden can do a job upfront (VdV is completely wasted out wide). What Murray lacks is any sense of how to link play and hold the ball up. If we are insisting on the lone striker then we need to explore other options other than Murray.

Also, we certainly have to improve as a team but McKinnon has had 12 competitive games (including three of four glorified friendlies). Our defence has played three games together and we are still trying to shake off what happened last season. For 70 minutes yesterday we weren't exactly getting pummelled and would have quite easily come away with a draw (which is a perfectly acceptable result). 

If this happens again in February or March and we are struggling to make the playoffs then fair enough, we start moaning but at the moment we are at the very, very start of what will be a long project under McKinnon.]

Archived