The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

7 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

When we were in financial difficulties, twice, the Dundee fans were accused of doing f**k all about it, encouraging it and therefore being totally culpable with regard to the position.

I've read many posts by United fans complaining about ST selling off star players that fans wanted kept, in other words arguing against his debt reduction plan, in effect demanding fiscal recklessness.

The reality is fans can do bugger all about owners totally fucking things up.

I'd be interested to know the friendly nature of Alastair Borthwick's relationship to the club. I'd go as far as to say it might just be very expensive loans from somebody who lives in Park Avenue NYC and who couldn't give 2 fücks about the club.

Yip, you can't afford a property like that without making high interest soft loans to football clubs in the Scottish Championship.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, after watching the United '87 thing last night:
which Unied player was Sacha De Stelle; and
How many United players have been through Justine?

Dave Narey is the answer to number one. I don't know about the second.

Seen Hamilton v Dundee highlights, David tempelton was brilliant should have signed him when had chance

He looked decent but to be fair the last few weeks Spittal's been the best he's ever been. Kuate was more important to add that strength In the middle of the park. Telfer Is too weak. Flood for a wee guy Is strong.

Anyone know the prognosis for Fraser?  Disappointing to see him only last a few minutes on Friday and we're going to need all the bodies we can muster for these last 2 games.

- Peterborough
- Yeovil
- Dunfermline
- Brechin

The doctor told United he was still a couple of weeks away yet he was forced back into action due to the importance of these games. Now hes had to have another xray on his foot which could rule him out for up to a year (worse case scenario)

From our squad we have just now who do you keep and who leaves?

Bell
Zwick
Dillon
VDS
Robson
Dixon
Donaldson
Edge
Durnan
Toshney
Flood
Telfer
Kuate
Allardice
Andreu
Spittal
Fraser
Nicholls
Murray
Mikkelson
Coote

Also youngsters on fringe of first team

Sukar
Ballantyne
M.Smith
B.Smith
Long

1 hour ago, wardy83 said:

From our squad we have just now who do you keep and who leaves?

Bell                keep
Zwick            punt
Dillon            leaving
VDS               punt
Robson         keep
Dixon            keep
Donaldson   punt
Edge              punt
Durnan          keep
Toshney        keep
Flood             keep
Telfer            punt
Kuate            surely gone
Allardice       keep
Andreu          punt
Spittal           keep
Fraser            keep
Nicholls        punt
Murray           keep
Mikkelson     keep
Coote            keep

Murdoch would also keep.

Agree wiv all except Dixon would punt, fair enough he's been aright recently he has been poor past few seasons.

Telfer - would keep for back up, but doubt he will stay tho tbh. Ray doesn't rate him

Andreu- would keep but only chance of that happening is if we go up

Doubt we could afford Andreu. Also he dosent fit our 442. Playing him wide dosent work. He may work up front but that leaves us with no height presuming Murray stays and is number 1. We need a target man so do you drop Murray for Andreu up front?

Dixon is playing well as its also a formation that suits him. Robson isn't good enough to be our number 1 left back. Not yet anyway.

Telfer is far too lightweight and dosent contribute enough to merit keeping. And certainly not as back up imo. We should be looking to blood Allardice next season with some experience around him like Flood and another midfielder. If Murdoch was to put in a performance in midfield like he does at right back then id say him, but I'm honestly not sure.

ETA I want Toshney out faster than Kuate's exit last night but he's contracted and he's Rays love child. That's the only reason I said keep. I should have said 'will still be here'

Archived