The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Without sounding disrespectful to Civil it's because we should be winning these type of games by five or so goals. If we'd won by five against Annan or whoever last year it would of been incredible as they were decent teams. If we put 8 past East Kilbride on Saturday the reaction may be a bit more boisterous

While I have enjoyed the LL so far it is pretty clear that the standard of most of the teams we have played so far is really poor which has allowed us to play gung hoe football. However Saturday will be different and we will need more than Just Del chasing every ball.

While I have enjoyed the LL so far it is pretty clear that the standard of most of the teams we have played so far is really poor which has allowed us to play gung hoe football. However Saturday will be different and we will need more than Just Del chasing every ball.

I'd hope that he drops Sludden CM and puts in Comrie just as someone who will track back to help! McGregor was good for tracking back but he'll play at RB for the season now.

I'd hope that he drops Sludden CM and puts in Comrie just as someone who will track back to help! McGregor was good for tracking back but he'll play at RB for the season now.

100% agree I would prefer we got a new full back and moved McGregor back into the midfield as at present the team is unbalanced with too many midfielders who don't want to track back.

23 hours ago, craigiemack said:

Without sounding disrespectful to Civil it's because we should be winning these type of games by five or so goals. If we'd won by five against Annan or whoever last year it would of been incredible as they were decent teams. If we put 8 past East Kilbride on Saturday the reaction may be a bit more boisterous

Nevertheless should be winning and actually winning by five or so goals could be what it all comes down to at season's end if it all ends up a matter of goal difference for who gets to the play off. The biggest danger is always complacence, those days where the team decides "job done" or "feels sorry" for their opponents & so takes their foot off the brake.

There's also a certain matter of street cred as well. If East Stirlingshire want to prove a point to the locals that they don't deserve to be down in the Lowlands & will come back up a far better side than the sorry one that went down with a whimper, what better way to do so (& perhaps gain some extra support) than running up a few ridiculous scores.

Moreover, spectators love goals, pure and simple. Proffer them a game where they're going to be players hell bent on a goal feast, you'll get the crowds for the novelty factor if nothing else.

They're the only team that I can see comfortably seeing off the rest of the league, I think Spartans are much more prone to slipping up than EK. I can't really see us beating EK on Saturday, our defence is shaky and we're still adjusting to the league I think. I also cannot remember the last 'must win' game the Shire won. Which results in why we are here today.

9 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

They're the only team that I can see comfortably seeing off the rest of the league, I think Spartans are much more prone to slipping up than EK. I can't really see us beating EK on Saturday, our defence is shaky and we're still adjusting to the league I think. I also cannot remember the last 'must win' game the Shire won. Which results in why we are here today.

So were you saying beat EK twice and you win the league  ?? 

There's a long way to go and their will be a lot of trip ups along the way.

Edited by newcastle broon

Is it no a bit disorientating being a Shire fan this season, being consistently shite on the glass floor for years then suddenly you're parachuted into a situation where you're talking about top goalscorers and winning championships. :rolleyes:

So were you saying beat EK twice and you win the league  ?? 

There's a long way to go and their will be a lot of trip ups along the way.

Don't think anyone believes that is the case, well aware that winning the league won't be a walk in the park, even if we pump EK twice. Can't see anyone else challenging however.

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 16:00, cowdenbeath said:

I wonder how much of the SOSL sides will be trying to finish 2nd and avoid getting promoted.

I suspect if that's the case, Edusport will take the chance more than willingly (given they applied with Hawick and CSS). St Cuthberts are about to achieve the license too, so it'll be interesting to see if they find another reason to fail re promotion...

Are LTHV licensed in the EOS?

1 hour ago, craigiemack said:

Totally agree. Spartans were good at BSC last weekend, but not as impressive as I expected - indeed BSC could have nicked a point having missed an (albeit dodgy) penalty. Looks like a two horse race this year, will be interesting to see who comes through the Highland League.

I can't see us winning the league as I think we'll bottle lots of games when the going gets tough but beating EK on Saturday will give us a massive confidence boost in the same way that it may be a dent in our confidence if we lose

Unlikely anyway tbf... they haven't lights!

Similar situation in October - 7 matches on Tue 4th Oct, but Spartans v East Stirlingshire is on Sat 24th Sep when both have byes in Scottish Cup R1.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/lowland-league/2016-2017/fixtures/2016-09-24

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/lowland-league/2016-2017/fixtures/2016-10-04

Edited by HibeeJibee