Wimbledon and the grass court tennis season

lichtie23

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use the following link for live rankings:

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=29EC224593D363F0!13631&id=documents&activeCell='ATP Rankings'!G6

If you click the race tab you will see that info as well.  In the race only points gathered this season count.  So by the end of the ATP Finals in November the guy ranked number one in the race is the year end number one.  He would need to do better than Djokovic for the rest of year.  Probably would need to win Wimbledon, and do better in the US Open, as well as beating him more often than Djokovic beats him.

A bit of a stretch to be honest but certainly not out of the realms of fantasy.

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Not before Richardson asks the same question eight different ways, he won't.

"Do you not feel a gun would have been a better weapon to kill me, Andy?"

"Tell us about your choice of a knife as a weapon"

"What other weapons might you have used - do you regret your choice?"

"Why did you pick a knife rather than a gun?"

One final question: how will the ranking points work for the Olympics? Murray is obviously the holder, so will he drop some unless he retains the gold medal?

One final question: how will the ranking points work for the Olympics? Murray is obviously the holder, so will he drop some unless he retains the gold medal?

Pretty sure the points for the olympics have been dropped altogether haven't they?

Olympics 2012 awarded 750 points.  They dropped the following year.  The Tennis rankings is always based on a rolling year basis.  There are actually no ranking points for the Olympics or any ITF event this season including the Davis Cup.  Murray gained around 500 or so points from last seasons Davis Cup.

2 hours ago, Loki said:

Gary Richardson should have been sacked after his interview with Murray after his Verdasco win in 2013.

Don't remember that. What shite was he asking then?

There's people who genuinely think Andy Murray isn't the greatest Scottish sportsperson of all time.  Which is quite worrying and very funny at the same time.

Don't remember that. What shite was he asking then?

Awkward: Andy Murray casts a glare during the interview
Andy Murray took time out from preparing for his Wimbledon semi-final to defend a BBC presenter from furious fans after a “car crash” post-match interview.

Veteran sports journalist Garry Richardson sparked fury from irate Murray supporters after suggesting the World No 2 should be told off after his remarkable five-set quarter-final comeback.

He was branded a “tool” and “an idiot” after asking the 26-year-old if his coach Ivan Lendl would give Murray the famous Alex Ferguson “hairdryer” treatment for his performance.

Murray had just come off court from his successful recovery from two sets down to beat Fernando Verdasco in front of Sir Alex, when the embarrassing live television interview took place.

Richardson said: “Sir Alex Ferguson was in the Royal Box today watching you. He’s been known to go into the dressing room after matches and give his players a bit of hairdryer treatment. Will Lendl say some things to you Andy to sort of gee you up or do you not need that? Do you know it all yourself?”

An indignant Murray retorted: “I don’t know it all, far from it. But I don’t see why I should get told off for that. I fought as hard as I could, tried incredibly hard, chased every single ball down and I came through an incredibly tough match.”

There's people who genuinely think Andy Murray isn't the greatest Scottish sportsperson of all time.  Which is quite worrying and very funny at the same time.

Seriously, who gives a f**k.

This Greatest Ever Sportsman wankfest is chronic!

9 hours ago, ChoppeReid said:

Seriously, who gives a f**k.

This Greatest Ever Sportsman wankfest is chronic!

^ ^ ^ Sir Chris Hoy.

And plenty of people give a f**k m8.

Andy Murray took time out from preparing for his Wimbledon semi-final to defend a BBC presenter from furious fans after a “car crash” post-match interview.

Veteran sports journalist Garry Richardson sparked fury from irate Murray supporters after suggesting the World No 2 should be told off after his remarkable five-set quarter-final comeback.

He was branded a “tool” and “an idiot” after asking the 26-year-old if his coach Ivan Lendl would give Murray the famous Alex Ferguson “hairdryer” treatment for his performance.

Murray had just come off court from his successful recovery from two sets down to beat Fernando Verdasco in front of Sir Alex, when the embarrassing live television interview took place.

Richardson said: “Sir Alex Ferguson was in the Royal Box today watching you. He’s been known to go into the dressing room after matches and give his players a bit of hairdryer treatment. Will Lendl say some things to you Andy to sort of gee you up or do you not need that? Do you know it all yourself?”

An indignant Murray retorted: “I don’t know it all, far from it. But I don’t see why I should get told off for that. I fought as hard as I could, tried incredibly hard, chased every single ball down and I came through an incredibly tough match.”

Richardson asking unnecessary and loaded questions as per usual. I don't think that question is that bad, but he really is awful and he's been doing it for thirty years. I can't imagine anyone thinking, "Garry Richardson is an excellent and incisive interviewer."

Richardson asking unnecessary and loaded questions as per usual. I don't think that question is that bad, but he really is awful and he's been doing it for thirty years. I can't imagine anyone thinking, "Garry Richardson is an excellent and incisive interviewer."

^ ^ ^ Sir Chris Hoy.

And plenty of people give a f**k m8.

Would imagine it will be Sir Andy Murray soon enough.

Probably already should be considering some of the sportsmen that have been knighted in recent years.

Archived