FIFA 17

ajwffc

Shite?

Mate in work got the slim Xbox and said he'd give me the Fifa for 30 but really not too sure whether to get it or not...

I've only played an hour or so of The Journey and I was fair enjoying it and I think it's a welcome addition. I was sceptical about the whole thing, Infact i only played it for ten mins in the demo and turned it off. As is say I'm only an hour in but it's been very decent so far. I would be better if there were a few different leagues/ storylines but that will come in time.

I'd snap it up for 30 Lichtie, you can't go far wrong for that price. I've started a career mode with Aberdeen and signed Oliver Burke on a two year loan and Reece Oxford for 1.3 mill.

I'm quite impressed overall. Graphics and gameplay are good and I've found the movement in the final third is much improved too.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing this early through EA Access...

Played 4 games, scored 4 goals and conceded 5. EVERY single one of them involved the goalkeeper making a save but parrying the ball in front of the goal for the striker to slot away into an empty net....

It all feels a bit too fast and frantic.

Playing this early through EA Access...

Played 4 games, scored 4 goals and conceded 5. EVERY single one of them involved the goalkeeper making a save but parrying the ball in front of the goal for the striker to slot away into an empty net....

It all feels a bit too fast and frantic.

The same shitty goalkeeping error that has been an issue for several years. Why is it so hard for them to program the keeper to palm it hard sideways and away?

Spot on. I think everyone would welcome PES returning to its former glory and us having the option of two good games to choose from. It's still miles off FIFA imo though.

"East Dorsetshire" and "West Glamorgan city" :lol:

Absolutely zero finesse about it. I can't get my head around people saying the game play is more realistic. My only fault with FIFA year after year is the shooting and the way the ball breaks, a player always seems to be in control.

Absolutely zero finesse about it. I can't get my head around people saying the game play is more realistic. My only fault with FIFA year after year is the shooting and the way the ball breaks, a player always seems to be in control.

Agreed. It's the same every year when the demos first come out and you hear folk say PES is much better and they won't be buying FIFA. PES is still way behind and that's saying something as FIFA isn't exactly perfect.

Have you played the new FIFA yet ?

Agree with the guys there. FIFA looks more natural as a football match than PES does. The gameplay is still clunky on PES. Even the critics are giving PES the better scores and it just bemuses me? IGN gave PES 2017 a 9.5, and FIFA 17 an 8.4...not much in it, but by giving PES such a high score you'd think it was basically better than PES 5. Miles away from that.

Why can't they have more stadiums? Why have the San Siro and the Guissepe Miezza as two separate stadiums? People aren't stupid, it's the SAME stadium FFS. 

Ive got a PS4 so I can get superb edited kits and teams (the Scottish OF includes the Rovers so I'm pretty tempted) but I just don't know if I can justify the £40 for it? 

Them taking Barcelona exclusive license including the Nou Camp reeks of desperation from Konami as well. "Look, look we have the Nou camp, come buy PES." FIFA has 70 playable stadiums. Seventy. 

Really is no contest, put the journey in there as well (which has massive potential for future games) and it just pisses all over PES. 

12 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

What did they rate the last two/three Pes? Because they were all turbo gash aswell.

Based on IGN

PES 2015 : 9/10

FIFA 2015: 8.3/10

PES 2016: 9.5/10 (I thought 2017 was better no?)

FIFA 16: 7.8/10

Crazy scores. Crazy.

Agreed. It's the same every year when the demos first come out and you hear folk say PES is much better and they won't be buying FIFA. PES is still way behind and that's saying something as FIFA isn't exactly perfect.

Have you played the new FIFA yet ?

I have aye. Actually not too big a fan, prefer it to PES and will probably get it at some point but like I said I wish the shooting/way the ball breaks would change, seems too sticky and leads to a lot of similar goals IMO.

Because they don't have a bottomless pit of money like EA do thanks to all the FIFA players being manchildren that plow hundreds of pounds into ultimate team?

The scary thing was that EA was stuuuuuuupidly wealthy partly due to FIFA even before Ultimate Team was a thing. Gameranx recently did a video charting EA's rise and them starting FIFA turned them from a very big company to a fucking huge one.

8 hours ago, KingQuerrey said:

Because they don't have a bottomless pit of money like EA do thanks to all the FIFA players being manchildren that plow hundreds of pounds into ultimate team?

It's still ridiculous though you have to admit. PES can surely make more unlicensed stadiums like FIFA do though. Surely nothing stopping them doing that. Especially since they make up ridiculously stupid teams that play in the PES league. 

Based on IGN

PES 2015 : 9/10

FIFA 2015: 8.3/10

PES 2016: 9.5/10 (I thought 2017 was better no?)

FIFA 16: 7.8/10

Crazy scores. Crazy.

What a crock of shit that is. They've been dreadful for years. I used to be a massive Pes fanboy but they're so poor.

Tried playing the demo again last night and just did not like it one bit, I cannot get in to it at all. What the f**k have they done with set pieces? Trying to take a penalty as well is a nightmare. Not sure I'll get it tbh. Much more impressed with PES despite a lot of people disagreeing

Archived