FIFA 17

ajwffc

You get to play the start of Alex Turner's journey on the demo.

I've got PES coming on Thursday but I reckon I'll buy FIFA for this story mode alone. The voice acting was beyond shit but I loved it.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So played a grand total of one game of the demo and here's my initial thoughts. It doesn't feel vastly different from 16 and that isn't necessarily a bad thing. They appear to have tweaked the issues that needed tweaking, ie pace, passing and tackling. However for the life of me I have absolutely zero clue why they've changed the corners. Was anyone at all complaining about them?

Need to play more to see if they have fixed the mentally challenged keepers and whistle happy refs.

19 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:

So played a grand total of one game of the demo and here's my initial thoughts. It doesn't feel vastly different from 16 and that isn't necessarily a bad thing. They appear to have tweaked the issues that needed tweaking, ie pace, passing and tackling. However for the life of me I have absolutely zero clue why they've changed the corners. Was anyone at all complaining about them?

Need to play more to see if they have fixed the mentally challenged keepers and whistle happy refs.

The corners during beta were dreadful i agree didnt think much wrong with the old corner system.  Im just hoping they make AI better in proclubs lol

Anyone taken a penalty yet? OYF. I actually quite like the demo so far, they've changed the annoying mistakes in gameplay heh had last year which is positive. Corners are a bit of a pain but I'll get used to them.

Last years demo was pretty good, until all the fucktards started moaning about pace being ineffective and the speed of the game being slow, so EA bowed to them as they know they'll spend £100 on DLC.

Not played this years one as it'll likely go the same way and I'll hate EA for it even more.

PES was a better footballing game last season, its dull as f**k though.

Konami moan like f**k about the big bad EA presentation works and the much better UT outdoing them, but their biggest flaw is their own lack of imagination. They spent years aiming at the weekend players who just f**k about with their mates, because of its relative simplicity.....the fake names, stadiums and whatever else only really bothered hardcore players, of which i am one, but at least EA listen to their audience. I just hope the Creation centre is fucking sorted on the ps4 this year, as thats all its missing. 

8 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I'm sure most "weekend players" would rather play FIFA, no group of lads spends a night in with a few drinks and PES and the Manchester reds.

This. 

I've downloaded both demos to give them a go this morning. To be honest all I am looking for is decent gameplay and the game with the best online experience. You would normally say FIFA UT but that has been dogshit for a couple of years, with abysmal connection being my main issue. I used to quite like Pro Evo's online setup by stopped playing that in about 2011.

7 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Is it worth buying a PS4 if all you really play is FIFA? I'd probably play the odd other game but usually get bored and end up just playing FIFA.

I bought my PS4 for that very reason and now I play GTAV and Madden sometimes. I use it for Netflix and for YouTube quite a lot now too, and the Spotify interlink is good. I'd say it was a great purchase.

Is it worth buying a PS4 if all you really play is FIFA? I'd probably play the odd other game but usually get bored and end up just playing FIFA.

Got an Xbox one. Barely play any games.

Only played Madden, FIFA, Cod, GTA (binged on it for ages when it came out) and The Division in the last year or whatever but always in it for Sky Go and other stuff, will get the odd game I really want like Mafia 3 in a couple of weeks and play that religiously for a few month too. Well worth it I'd say, would still feel like a big miss if I never had it.

I barely played FM16 at all, just didn't take to it.  Probably because I always played FUT, and it was an absolute travesty in the last edition.

However, having played both the PES and FIFA demos yesterday, have to say I'll probably end up getting it when it comes out.  PES isn't bad at all, but it's still seems a bit robotic in parts.  Not really sure what it is, but definitely something missing from it making the leap to being the best.  FIFA hasn't really changed much gameplay wise.  Need to play a couple more matches to get the full idea (didn't get a single corner to see what they've done to them), but in the first minute of the first match I put together a lovely one touch move and slotted it home.  Felt like I'd never been away.

Plus this Journey mode is going to be a lovely mix of glorious shite.  Already the hallmarks of "real speech" - always tickles me seeing them saying they consulted real people and "real" story writers when constructing the speech - where you can either be a dick, a good guy, or smack bang in between.  I'm looking forward to creating an absolute Joey Barton type

Archived