Coefficientwatch

lionel hutz

2 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Why is it about the Old firm? Never realised it was a god given right that both of them would be the only teams that earn the CL qualifiers if we had 2 places. Shame on you for thinking like that and not thinking maybe another team can do that. If thats the case whats the point in football.

On back of my point, if the brand up here becomes more appealling due to teams playing in Europe more regular, then that can lead to an increase in Sponsorship, TV money, etc. With more players interested in playing for a Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Motherwell if they are able to afford more in wages. And that in turn will improve the standard as less players will be lost to English League 1/2/National.

So more money injected into the game from Europe, Tv, Sponsorship, player sales etc will help bring the standard up and make clubs more attractive.

Oh sweet Jesus.

It's very much worse than I'd thought.   These are some of the worst symptoms I've ever seen.

Monkey Tennis is always at it like this forget his nonsense. Talks pish most of the time and this is one of the many times. 

Is European football what every club wants to achieve?  Most certainly!

Would he sit at home rather than watching the mighty QoS play in some European fixtures?  No chance.

Is QoS aim as a football club not to get promoted and earn a European place? Of course it is. May never happen but that's the aim. 

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, Celtic's debts are clearly crippling.

They have no competition at this time.

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The idea of each potentially bringing in over £20m a season is indeed awful.  There wouldn't actually be an obligation on Rangers to drive themselves out of existence.  Most clubs with access to such wealth manage not to.

The cheeks, on a level pegging, have no option but to increase debt in a bid to outdo each other. Their fans, their identity and triumphalism demand it.

Prize money drives European football, there's nothing you or I can do about it and neither of our clubs stand a fair chance of directly benefiting. However I genuinely believe more money coming into our game, spent wisely, can have a positive impact for all our provincial clubs. 

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Oh it's better for the given clubs, but that doesn't improve things in a wider sense.  

This coefficient business creates the illusion of this being something collective.  The reality is that European football is structured in such a way as to fly in the face of that.

Coefficients don't matter now because they don't effect anything until the following seasons. So clubs not currently playing in Europe might have an eye on next season when it could effect them.

Or should they just give up the hopes of a Top 3-4 finish in the Premiership or a Scottish Cup win for the next 5 years.

1 minute ago, Spring Onion said:

Monkey Tennis is always at it like this forget his nonsense. Talks pish most of the time and this is one of the many times. 

Is European football what every club wants to achieve?  Most certainly!

Would he sit at home rather than watching the mighty QoS play in some European fixtures?  No chance.

Is QoS aim as a football club not to get promoted and earn a European place? Of course it is. May never happen but that's the aim. 

Thanks for your kind words.

Of course Queens and others have these legitimate aspirations.  

What have I said that suggests otherwise?

2 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Prize money drives European football, there's nothing you or I can do about it and neither of our clubs stand a fair chance of directly benefiting. However I genuinely believe more money coming into our game, spent wisely, can have a positive impact for all our provincial clubs. 

I genuinely believe that you're absolutely wrong, unless fundamental structural changes are made to distribution models.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Coefficients don't matter now because they don't effect anything until the following seasons. So clubs not currently playing in Europe might have an eye on next season when it could effect them.

Or should they just give up the hopes of a Top 3-4 finish in the Premiership or a Scottish Cup win for the next 5 years.

That's a rather silly post.

Of course clubs should do their best.  However, we the fans shouldn't get particularly hung up on  the coefficient or exaggerate its significance.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 minute ago, badgerthewitness said:

Feel free to provide examples of the changes you would like to see.

The income goes to the association to be distributed by them.

I'd actually undo all the changes to the European club competitions since the early 90s, but I suspect that's beyond the remit you've handed me.

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Monkey Tennis is spot on here tbh tbf, some of the replies to him read like they’ve come fresh from the Radio Clyde airwaves.

Ta.

The views might in fairness have come from Clyde, Sportsound, Sky TV, or any newspaper you care to mention.  It's a comfy media narrative.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ta.

The views might in fairness have come from Clyde, Sportsound, Sky TV, or any newspaper you care to mention.  It's a comfy media narrative.

I hope QoS win the Scottish Cup in the near future so that I can read through your posts bleating about how you got your wish and that if Scottish clubs had done better QoS would have gotten an easier run or, congratulating all the other clubs for raising the coefficient so much QoS got seeded in the later qualifiers or even better, qualification straight into the EL group stage.

Whether you agree with me or not I'd rather all our clubs do as best as they can to raise the coefficient so that our game attracts money for all our clubs from lucrative sponsors. What you are advocating is detrimental to the game as a whole ffs.

At some point in the near future the big European clubs and associations will eventually suck up most of the prize money and places the smaller clubs and associations can compete for. I wouldn't be fucking surprised if they create a total shut out with all the smaller clubs competing for one CL group spot and one EL group spot whilst the bigger clubs and associations get 10 clubs automatically inserted into the group stages of both competitions, 5 in the CL group stage and 5 in the EL group stage.

I hope QoS win the Scottish Cup in the near future so that I can read through your posts bleating about how you got your wish and that if Scottish clubs had done better QoS would have gotten an easier run or, congratulating all the other clubs for raising the coefficient so much QoS got seeded in the later qualifiers or even better, qualification straight into the EL group stage.
Whether you agree with me or not I'd rather all our clubs do as best as they can to raise the coefficient so that our game attracts money for all our clubs from lucrative sponsors. What you are advocating is detrimental to the game as a whole ffs.
At some point in the near future the big European clubs and associations will eventually suck up most of the prize money and places the smaller clubs and associations can compete for. I wouldn't be fucking surprised if they create a total shut out with all the smaller clubs competing for one CL group spot and one EL group spot whilst the bigger clubs and associations get 10 clubs automatically inserted into the group stages of both competitions, 5 in the CL group stage and 5 in the EL group stage.
It wasnt that long ago that QotS was in the Uefa Cup. Lost the 2008 Scottish Cup final to enter as cup runners up. Scotland was 10th in the Coefficient table at the time.

Motherwell entered the First Round (equivilant to todays Play Off round)
Qots entered in the previous round (2ndQ round)

Celtic were straight into CL groups
And Rangers entered CL Q2 but lost to Kaunus.

17 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Whether you agree with me or not I'd rather all our clubs do as best as they can to raise the coefficient so that our game attracts money for all our clubs from lucrative sponsors. What you are advocating is dhietrimental to the game as a whole ffs.

What are you on about?  That post doesn't hang together at all.

If Queens were to win the Scottish Cup, my thinking on this would not be affected.  You've maybe forgotten that we did once make Europe and it was on the back of Scotland having 2 CL places, a situation I don't want to see returning.

This notion of "lucrative sponsors" following an improved coefficient is I'm afraid fanciful crap.  We don't all benefit from such things anyway in the way that you wish to pretend.

Paragraph 3 sounds a bit bleak to me, but if that's where you think it's all heading, why on earth should we all play along until such time as they really stop letting us altogether?

2 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

It wasnt that long ago that QotS was in the Uefa Cup. Lost the 2008 Scottish Cup final to enter as cup runners up. Scotland was 10th in the Coefficient table at the time.

Motherwell entered the First Round (equivilant to todays Play Off round)
Qots entered in the previous round (2ndQ round)

Celtic were straight into CL groups
And Rangers entered CL Q2 but lost to Kaunus.

Most of us now know that UEFA and the big leagues are going to shut up shop completely to countries like Scotland in the future, it is inevitable.

But unlike MT I'm not going to get bitter about it and post shit like I hope Man Utd, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus etc don't qualify n aw that.

In the future European outings in Europe for Scottish clubs will be just about pointless with over 100 clubs competing for scraps at the big boys table. I can envision not bothering my arse about European footy because none of our clubs will ever be able to compete fairly and possibly the odd qualification once in a blue moon.

Might be pish the way things are going but that's how the corporate world is nowadays.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What are you on about?  That post doesn't hang together at all.

If Queens were to win the Scottish Cup, my thinking on this would not be affected.  You've maybe forgotten that we did once make Europe and it was on the back of Scotland having 2 CL places, a situation I don't want to see returning.

This notion of "lucrative sponsors" following an improved coefficient is I'm afraid fanciful crap.  We don't all benefit from such things anyway in the way that you wish to pretend.

Paragraph 3 sounds a bit bleak to me, but if that's where you think it's all heading, why on earth should we all play along until such time as they really stop letting us altogether?

^^^ Spitting actual feathers out. :lol:

You don't have a clue about the business world do you? The more high profile the game in Scotland ie regularly qualifying for the group stages for 3 or more clubs and the acquisition of better quality players to compete in said groups attracts sponsors and also funnily enough more viewers. This is how the business model works for all the leagues in Europe.

As for lucrative sponsors you so readily shot down as fanciful crap would come from TV sponsorships and product advertising because our clubs would be regularly competing against the bigger well known clubs in Europe from the bigger countries which have far more viewers than Scotland has. It is simple economics but your blind bitterness of all things unfair with the OF is clouding your rational thinking.

As for paragraph 3? why should we all bother? I'll give you tens of millions of pounds why Celtic bother and play along with it as things stand and also is the fuel that stokes the rage inside your posts. :)

26 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

^^^ Spitting actual feathers out. :lol:

You don't have a clue about the business world do you? The more high profile the game in Scotland ie regularly qualifying for the group stages for 3 or more clubs and the acquisition of better quality players to compete in said groups attracts sponsors and also funnily enough more viewers. This is how the business model works for all the leagues in Europe.

As for lucrative sponsors you so readily shot down as fanciful crap would come from TV sponsorships and product advertising because our clubs would be regularly competing against the bigger well known clubs in Europe from the bigger countries which have far more viewers than Scotland has. It is simple economics but your blind bitterness of all things unfair with the OF is clouding your rational thinking.

As for paragraph 3? why should we all bother? I'll give you tens of millions of pounds why Celtic bother and play along with it as things stand and also is the fuel that stokes the rage inside your posts. :)

Contradiction riddled gibberish.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

:lol::lol:

What the Hell are you on about?

Aye MT, sure you don't know. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Contradiction riddled gibberish.

No need to explain what the content of most of your OF posts contain MT. I worked that out years ago mate. :)