Premier League 2016-2017

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Don't forget the £23+million spunked on Juan Cuadrado only for him to be away back to Italy five minutes later.

You are right. I'd included him in the 30+ loan players, for which they paid over £100m, but forgot to name him.

IIRC, Cuadrado is on a 3 season loan deal, i.e. Chelsea are paying a large chunk of his wages. I believe that Marin and Van Ginkel (currently injured) have not been loaned out. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/10/2016 at 20:41, 54_and_counting said:

Do you think if city, arsenal, liverpool or Chelsea were 6 points off the top and went to old trafford, they'd play for a point? 

Quite likely they would. It`s a tough away game. They`d certainly be pretty happy with a point.

Certainly Arsenal would, by my reckoning it`s 10 years since they won a league game at Old Trafford.

My instant reaction to this was "Naw that canny be right Arsenal won the title at Old Trafford that time". Then I thought maybe that's the game hes on about, i'll check. Turns out the game I remember was actually 14 years ago.

In a roundabout way you have made me feel old as f**k.

14 years....f**k you've made me feel old.....baws.

11 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Quite likely they would. It`s a tough away game. They`d certainly be pretty happy with a point.

Certainly Arsenal would, by my reckoning it`s 10 years since they won a league game at Old Trafford.

happy with a point aye, but set out to play for one and have barely a chance of winning all 3? i doubt it, before the liverpool game united had dropped 8 points in 7 games but only played 1 of the 4 i named (city beating them at OT funnily enough), thats not form that allows you to go to places and play for a point with little chance of all 3, wether its jose's style or not it simply wont win them the title

Darren Fletcher looking very ordinary again. I think he needs to drop down a level or two if he's going to enjoy his last few years of playing.

The game is passing him by really. Excellent to see Tony Pulis's side being easily defeated.

Archived