Bonnyrigg Rose 2016-17

bravehearts dad

Congratulations to all at Bonnyrigg. Brilliant for the hard working committee, players & staff. Delighted for Adam Nelson, especially being an ex-player from the "BIG ROSE". Hope yews have a fantastic celebration, thoroughly justified & deserved.

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, db11 said:

I think we will shift the game to maximise revenue, which would be wisely spend by Chico and co

Of course, it's not up to Bonnyrigg where the game is played ultimately and it certainly can't be moved purely to maximize revenue.

Amazing result and a tie to look forward to. What the cup is all about.

9 minutes ago, LeedsPhil said:

Looking likely that it'll be at Tynecastle : http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38234128

I think that's where Bonnyrigg would like the game to be played but as I said, the decision is made by the SFA in line with the cup rules (which are slightly vague). If the club's ground is deemed unsuitable then the game should be moved to the nearest and most suitable venue. That might or might not be Tynecastle but the SFA will decide that not the club.

35 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I think that's where Bonnyrigg would like the game to be played but as I said, the decision is made by the SFA in line with the cup rules (which are slightly vague). If the club's ground is deemed unsuitable then the game should be moved to the nearest and most suitable venue. That might or might not be Tynecastle but the SFA will decide that not the club.

I just read it as Bonnyrigg being realistic about how the Health & Safety brigade are surely going to react, so getting a proposal ready, which of course the SFA would have to rubber stamp. Where else is there that the SFA could deem to be nearer and more suitable? 

8 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

There could be a few of them, Raith v Hearts was moved to the Sunday for TV

Aye. The three TV games were decided on Monday. Both OF as two of them is sadly inevitable. But they should have waited a couple more days before choosing their third - they've missed the chance to screen the "tie of the round".

I just read it as Bonnyrigg being realistic about how the Health & Safety brigade are surely going to react, so getting a proposal ready, which of course the SFA would have to rubber stamp. Where else is there that the SFA could deem to be nearer and more suitable? 

Technically Meadowbank is closer than Gorgie but I'd also heard they were looking at Livingston which is even further away than Gorgie.

Get the game at Tynecastle to allow Bonnyrigg the chance to have a cup tie played in front of a large crowd and allow them to make as much money as they possibly can from this.

This is what the cup is all about, just hope the 'magic of the cup' ended for the Rose with that result last night :)

Archived