Group D: Czech Republic Vs Croatia

They would have launched them with or without the cleanup operation. And the stewards' HR man needs to give himself a long look in the mirror having his staff rushing toward unexploded fireworks like that, as much as the headcase that threw it. But, y'know, 'the Croats blew my employee's head off' makes as good a headline as any. The Croatian players deserve enormous credit for trying to diffuse the situation, not least after repeat warnings it would happen.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worth noting that the Croatians fans angst against their FA came about due them FA banning fans from the Qualifiers, as UEFA warned them that any more violence/racism would see them chucked out.

Clearly though, the fans are in the right here.

Bilic tried to give a simplified answer of basically Zagreb v Split, no doubt it exists but surely not to that extent outwith Hajduk v Dinamo. Earlier post about FA-fan relations being non existent, and the fans deciding to up the ante makes sense, but the whole world knows what they've been up to with swastikas on the pitch and the like so i doubt they'd give a f**k about any other warnings or consequences.

Not bothered if you do. But you'd likely forget your own, if Scotlan won so much as a corner in a finals tourney. It wasn't launched at a steward....watch the footage. Personally i wouldn't give our statesmen the steam off my pish, but then the majority believe them doing a grand enough job to not fuss too much, so who am i to argue.So, alleged corruption at the top level of the game can have absolutely no relation to rush-resigning Prime Ministers of extremely volatile, low-end economies like Croatia are? It's clearly a mindset of the people that they simply don't take any shite. Why events like this are a surprise to any, is a fucking shock to me.

^^^ word salad

You still haven't provided a scrap of evidence to link Croatian politics with 'Croatian football fans being their usual, scumbag selves', so it's safe to say that your argument is going to be filed in the bin from now on. A completely deluded Walter Mitty figure.

Absolutely nothing in that rambling post actually answered the point. Indeed, Bilic confirmed pre-match that Croatian fans even started a riot at that clearly box-office political occasion of, erm, Malta v Croatia in Valetta.

It's a straightforward case of Croatian football fans being scumbags yet again. It really is that perfectly fucking obvious.

Malta don't play their games in Valetta champ.

Was there last night and our seats afforded us an excellent view of the "entertainment".

Saddest sight was the schoolteacher hurrying out with her class of what looked like 9/10 year olds. When we left, (fairly quickly), right on the final whistle the riot cops were massing at the back of the stand holding the Croatian fans. I hope they used the equipment they had.

That said, the Croatian fans on the train home were excellent, (good company, stood a round and talked all sorts of football), and very dismissive of the idiots who had been fighting. They argued that the morons fighting would be happy if Croatia got banned because they are virulently anti the Croatian FA.

Was there last night and our seats afforded us an excellent view of the "entertainment". Saddest sight was the schoolteacher hurrying out with her class of what looked like 9/10 year olds. When we left, (fairly quickly), right on the final whistle the riot cops were massing at the back of the stand holding the Croatian fans. I hope they used the equipment they had. That said, the Croatian fans on the train home were excellent, (good company, stood a round and talked all sorts of football), and very dismissive of the idiots who had been fighting. They argued that the morons fighting would be happy if Croatia got banned because they are virulently anti the Croatian FA.

So what if they are? That they'd follow their team (THEIR team) to a finals in order to make an example at the behest of potentially challenging to win the fucking thing, is perhaps not the noblest cause ever known, but to dismiss purely as 'dissenters' is absurd. Just because British fans get rolled over and tickled with fans' groups and association involvement, doesn't elevate nor negate opinions on matters which clearly ignite the proles' imaginations. They shouldbe grateful people care enough to still travel and follow them.

So what if they are? That they'd follow their team (THEIR team) to a finals in order to make an example at the behest of potentially challenging to win the fucking thing, is perhaps not the noblest cause ever known, but to dismiss purely as 'dissenters' is absurd. Just because British fans get rolled over and tickled with fans' groups and association involvement, doesn't elevate nor negate opinions on matters which clearly ignite the proles' imaginations. They shouldbe grateful people care enough to still travel and follow them.

I haven't got a clue what point you are trying to make, (nor do you I guess do you?). I did not dismiss anyone as "dissenters", and my criticism was aimed at the fact  a young schoolteacher felt the need to hurry a large group of young children out of what should have been a celebratory occasion.

I also spoke positively of the fans I encountered on the way home.

Basically, I said what I saw, so your overly fourth year text book political rhetoric cuts no ice with me, Now please desist before I find myself agreeing with Viking Ton.

Addendum, I did say that I hoped that the riot police used their equipment, That point would stand for any club or country if their fans were causing trouble.

Anyone got the details on why the Croatian fans are so pissed off with their FA? Googled a bit but didn't find much apart from maybe regional favouritism?

Not definitive but worth a browse.

http://m.ultras-tifo.net/news/4386-protest-by-news-croatian-ultras-against-their-football-association.html

http://m.ultras-tifo.net/news/2979-italy-croatia-16112014.html

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/17/croatia-czech-republic-flares-match-euro-2016

https:// www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/13/crotian-president-calls-for-swastika-perpetrators-punished

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/18/why-croatia-fans-disrupt-euro-2016-match-czech-republic?CMP=share_btn_tw

Too cool to dress like a p***k?

Maybe I'm just not cool enough to wear a skirt like garment meant to weddings and formal occasions, a "retro" Scotland top from a year I wasn't even born, snide Timberlands and a hat that's meant to be worn by real solider who risk their lives, rather than fat alcoholic flashers

Maybe I'm just not cool enough to wear a skirt like garment meant to weddings and formal occasions, a "retro" Scotland top from a year I wasn't even born, snide Timberlands and a hat that's meant to be worn by real solider who risk their lives, rather than fat alcoholic flashers

In my experience, these things tend to be one and the same.

Archived