Scottish Championship Winners/Playoffs/Relegated 16/17

Winners, playoffs, relegated.  

369 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
'Jobbie' McCall allegedly shat in Stainrod's shoe, not Duffy's.

Out of Interest, what did Stainrod do to McCall when he found out who shat in his shoe?

From memory, Stainrod was a handy looking b*****d and McCall was always a chubby wee common or garden nyaff.

Also, as much as I quite like McCall when I hear him on the radio, this incident is always there, making me think what a clatty wee f**k he is. Next time he's on the radio the opening question should be: do you regret behaving like a complete animal and shitting in someone's shoe?!

49 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Out of Interest, what did Stainrod do to McCall when he found out who shat in his shoe?

From memory, Stainrod was a handy looking b*****d and McCall was always a chubby wee common or garden nyaff.

Also, as much as I quite like McCall when I hear him on the radio, this incident is always there, making me think what a clatty wee f**k he is. Next time he's on the radio the opening question should be: do you regret behaving like a complete animal and shitting in someone's shoe?!

Dunno, but if there was any kind of physical altercation there would be only one winner, that's for sure! Folk remember Stainrod for his skill, quite rightly, but he was one hard bugger too!

The whole shoe thing is an urban myth. Dunno why it's still discussed.

Maybe Jobbie...sorry, I mean Ian could clear this up next time he's interviewed on the radio. This bad smell has been hanging around him long enough.

Worked for Alan Partridge:

No, I want to clear this up once and for all. This has been hanging in the air for about thirty years, right, but I want to clear it up, ok? Steven McCoombes who called me Smelly Alan Fartridge, because he thought it was funny, Fartridge, Partridge, he said smelly. I wasn't. My personal hygiene was never in question. I showered regularly, I was never, I didn't smell. The question is, what's Steven McCoombes doing now? That's the question, because I host a chat show, what's he do? I tell you, he's a forklift truck driver for British Leyland. I tell you, he lives in Edgbaston, he's got a pathetic life, I've seen, I've parked my car outside his house, I've watched him come and go, and he's got a sad, pathetic life and McCoombes, if you are listening, what are you now? You're nothing. And I am Alan Partridge!

• 2 months later...
On 2016-6-21 at 07:53, Poet of the Macabre said:

Hibernian

Falkirk

Dundee United

St Mirren

Raith Rovers

Dunfermline

Morton

Queens

Dumbarton

Ayr

I think you could probably swap 5th-8th around in any combination you want.

I really don't see us getting relegated and it would be a massive disappointment and step backwards from the club. That being said, I also don't see why people think we'll be top four. I'm guessing it's more of not rating the other teams rather than thinking we are all that great.

Close but no cigar. Top 3 spot on and my Pars prediction was pretty much right on the mark.

Ayr were always likely to head straight back down, so that was the easiest position to predict. They weren't mathematically down until the final day though and that's some achievement. Fantastic effort from McCall.

On 2016-6-20 at 10:48, Sonsteam of 08 said:

© Hibernian 

------------------

Dundee United

Falkirk 

St Mirren

--------------------

Greenock Morton

Dunfermline Athletic

Raith Rovers

Queen of the South 

-------------------

Dumbarton

------------------

® Ayr United

With us winning the playoffs...

I reckon us and Ayr will struggle an awful lot unless some seriously impressive signings are made. Raith have Gary Locke, so Christ knows how they'll do. Queens were in freefall towards the end of last season, and have lost a few decent players. Perhaps Derek Lyle's age will finally catch up with him, in which case they could be in a spot of bother. How strong they can get in the coming weeks will be crucial to the two p/t club's hopes of survival.

Dunfermline. No idea. Allan Johnston is still an unproven manager imo. Walked a part-time diddy league with a full-time team again, but was woeful with Killie when faced with a challenge. It'll be interesting to see how they do, I reckon Morton-esque midtable obscurity. 

St Mirren will get the last playoff spot from Morton courtesy of their derby record. Falkirk will be less spectacular than last year, but still solid. Dundee United will threaten a title challenge under Ray McKinnon - who will make a massive difference by being tactically extremely bright - but ultimately fall some way short of Neil Lennon's Hibs who will Hearts the league in the end.

Feel free to refer back to this post when Hibs finish 6th, McKinnon does an Ian Murray and us and Ayr stay up comfortably.

Could've been worse I suppose. Got 1st and 10th right, and predicted the top end quite well.

I think I wrote this pre-Dobbie as well, so Queens would've been down with us without him.

On 6/20/2016 at 01:01, TheMessiah said:

Should be a cakewalk for Hibs, can't see Dumbarton surviving in this league.

Hibs - +/-0

Falkirk - +/-0

Dunfermline - -2

Dundee United - +1

St. Mirren - -2

Morton - +2

Queen of the South - +1

Raith Rovers - -1

Ayr United - -1

Dumbarton - +2

Everyone was there or thereabouts, no team more than 2 places out of position, not bad.

On 6/20/2016 at 11:55, The Moonster said:

Is it purely the Gary Locke factor that have people placing Raith lower than Dunfermline?  Looking at both squads at the moment I'd say Raith are comfortably better.  I'm not seeing Dunfermline's squad to be as strong as others are predicting. As good a signing that Reilly is, the rest of their team is about as "meh" as our squad.

lol

On 6/20/2016 at 12:42, CALDERON said:

Locke hasn't managed at this level before, and there's plenty managers out there who fail at the top league yet are perfectly fine for this level.

lol

On 6/20/2016 at 14:17, D.A.F.C said:

You're right, our fans are getting very confident. I don't see what this is based on. Our defence will be very young and unproven and we are already a winger down and overall our squad is weaker than last season.

Still a few weeks yet but I would only be confident of beating or challenging three sides. Ayr, Dumbarton and Morton. 

We need a right back and two strikers plus another two ideally like McAusland and a winger.

lol

On 6/20/2016 at 20:00, Raithie said:

You'll learn to accept that Dunfermline fans think their team are top 6 Premiership quality and that it's an insult to all those that grace East End Park that they are having to play and watch Championship football. That's just the way of it.

lol

On 6/22/2016 at 08:29, RR #1 said:

Have St'Mirren signed Messi and Saurez since the end of last season?  I saw a good few of their matches last season and they were utter shite everytime yet almost every one of you predicts they will be top 4. Good to see the pars fans overconfident as ever and nice to see you all underestimate the mighty rovers again!

lol

On 6/22/2016 at 15:29, CALDERON said:

I've got a bet on with GeordieBoy, I'm that confident ;)

I think we have a stronger squad, with Pars having a better manager.

Our squad really just takes common sense to complete though. 

lol

On 6/23/2016 at 06:55, Poet of the Macabre said:

Gary Locke isn't a great manager but he's not that bad. He's not going to take a playoff side and turn them into mid table dross.

Correct, he turned them into relegation candidates instead.

On 2/19/2017 at 17:25, Ranaldo Bairn said:

He sold him to Falkirk I think!

yep your right i think our first outing that season was against Dundee at Dens when Stainrod was there as Manager, McCall came on as a sub if i mind right pretty sure Kevin Drinkell scored for us.

On 8/4/2016 at 12:41, Dunning1874 said:

4. St. Mirren

St. Mirren have comfortably the fourth best squad in the division and were already hitting top half form under Rae last season with a poorer squad.

romanovpalm.png

5. Raith

Raith have the strongest squad of the rest and could be confident of challenging St. Mirren for fourth, but Gary Locke. The squad is strong enough that even Locke can't take them close to relegation, but having such a dud as a manager surely precludes a credible playoff challenge.

romanovpalm.png

6. Morton

We're too short to have any hope of challenging for the promotion playoffs

romanovpalm.png

On 9/1/2016 at 06:19, Dunning1874 said:

Since I said that we've signed Aidan Nesbitt and Kudus Oyenuga. I'm not going into panic mode quite yet, but with no wins so far and only three goals scored 9th is looking considerably more likely than it would be if we had a striker the calibre of Declan McManus, Gavin Reilly or Lawrence Shankland.

romanovpalm.pngromanovpalm.pngromanovpalm.png

If we had a striker the calibre of... Lawrence Shankland

On 9/1/2016 at 09:38, Coventry Saint said:

:lol:

Alright mate, no need to take the piss.

On 9/1/2016 at 14:52, Dunning1874 said:

Well, he scored 10 in this division last season.

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

You people actually voted me the second best poster on this forum by the way, even after I came out with that. Your collective judgement is even worse than mine.

I think most people thought (or feared...) that Shankland would be a great signing for you, based on 2015/16. Not sure what's happened, but it's got to be a mentality issue as opposed to talent, which we've seen is there. The assumption that he'd score eight goals or so for a team at the right end of the table was a reasonable one.

Archived