Scottish Championship Winners/Playoffs/Relegated 16/17

Winners, playoffs, relegated.  

369 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St Mirren to win League.

Hibs sack Lennon before Christmas then scrape into the Play Offs.

Then knocked out by Falkirk again who win by a late penalty, given for a Lee Miller dive.

Morton relegatit lol

What's wrong with Williamson? If you are talking in terms of cover then Martin can provide it decent enough.

If there is an urgent replacement needed due to injury AJ his proven himself more than capable of bringing in the quality required.

AJ has said himself we need two more strikers, which implies we are sticking with two up front next season, he's also said that signings are in the works in that respect, presumably one of them hinges on Faissal's decision.

We can easily pick up a decent winger on loan/free, Paton and Cardle will be first choice.

We have Ashcroft, BRE, Fordyce and Martin which seems like 4 good centre-back options tbh, Wedderburn can also play there if/when needed. was kind of disappointed to see Reid go but I'd imagine he'd be asking for too much considering we'd be using him as backup, I also can't imagine him being satisfied with being backup.

Right now our strongest 11 would be (in my opinion)

Murdoch

Williamson - Ashcroft - BRE/Fordyce(if fit) - Talbot

Paton - Geggan - Wedderburn - Cardle

Reailly/Faissal(if staying) - Moffat

Looking at that I'd say we need cover at CM after losing Falky and Byrne, behing Geggan and Wedderburn I can't see who we have. Perhaps backup for Williamson but wouldn't be too disappointed to use Martin for cover. Cover/competition for Moffat, I like Moffat and he had a very good season last season but I have a funny feeling he won't handle the step-up at all well so I think we need a good link-up striker for if/when that happens.

Pretty sure you just bit.

Going forward Ryan is our best attacking full back, Talbot is terrible at crossing. It depends what lineup we use and our setup but Talbot and Williamson will be unbalanced. I would rather play Martin at left back.

Ryan defensively is a doubt for me, I think the manager really likes Talbot for some reason but I see massive problems if we use him as first choice left back.

We also lack a central defensive leader, I don't know what Ashcroft is like but he seems a bit young and inexperienced to boss BRE about?

If we play defensive and keep the full backs in our half it would be daft to keep Ryan so I think we will play quite wide and attacking.

Compared to Jordan and McMillan they are miles behind but it depends on how they will be used.

I never said he was new to the game - Skelton's playing career up here tells us nothing about his management style though. I was making the point he was new to the management game and we knew very little about him, which clearly you've understood as the point I was trying to make and gone on to be pedantic about it anyway.

No, you said, and have repeated above, that he had never managed before which is factually wrong. I make no apology for pulling you up on that. You can say he is unproven in management up here or in full time football if you like, and you will be right, but to say he is new to management and has never managed before is wrong.

May I join in?

1. Hibernian
  2. Dundee United
  3. St Mirren
  4. Falkirk
  5. Raith
  6. Morton
  7. Dunfermline
  8. QOTS
  9. Dumbarton
  10. Ayr

I think Queens will be pretty bad but will slog enough points to stay out trouble. Gary Locke could put Raith into trouble but surely he can't be that bad at this level or last long enough to finish the job. Dundee Utd is unclear but I have feeling they could be pretty St Mirren 2015/16 this year. Dumbarton to finally stop being plucky as hell and go down via the playoffs.

Hibs ©

Falkirk

St Mirren

Dunfermline

Morton

Dundee Utd

Queens

Raith

Dumbarton

Ayr

Think Dunfermline fans are confident but not too confident - at least the ones I've spoken to anyway.

I guess the players in the starting XI look strong enough to cope at this level (Murdoch should be fine, Ashcroft seemed reasonable at Premiership level so should be OK in a lower league, Talbot and Fordyce did well in a meagre Livi defence, Geggan has form at this level, Paton clearly has the ability although his mental state/confidence, Cardle was excellent for us at this level (maybe less so for the Rovers) and Reilly scored a lot of goals), our performance last season winning the league with a lot more style and by a lot more points than Morton did (and they did well last year), the manager seeming to know what he's talking about (I don't subscribe to the idea that he was such a big failure at Killie - it's not as if they are/were perennial top 6 candidates before and after AJ was there) and the fact that we seem to have a competitive budget (Alex Rae seemed to suggest that we could offer more wages than St Mirren?).

Having said all that, I'd be happy with staying in the league comfortably and finishing above the Rovers.

Hibs

----------------------------

Falkirk

Dundee United. (P)

St Mirren

--------------------------

Dunfermline

Queen of the South

Morton

Raith Rovers

--------------------------

Dumbarton

-------------------------

Ayr ®

Is it purely the Gary Locke factor that have people placing Raith lower than Dunfermline? Looking at both squads at the moment I'd say Raith are comfortably better. I'm not seeing Dunfermline's squad to be as strong as others are predicting. As good a signing that Reilly is, the rest of their team is about as "meh" as our squad.

You'll learn to accept that Dunfermline fans think their team are top 6 Premiership quality and that it's an insult to all those that grace East End Park that they are having to play and watch Championship football. That's just the way of it.

Going forward Ryan is our best attacking full back, Talbot is terrible at crossing. It depends what lineup we use and our setup but Talbot and Williamson will be unbalanced. I would rather play Martin at left back.

Ryan defensively is a doubt for me, I think the manager really likes Talbot for some reason but I see massive problems if we use him as first choice left back.

We also lack a central defensive leader, I don't know what Ashcroft is like but he seems a bit young and inexperienced to boss BRE about?

If we play defensive and keep the full backs in our half it would be daft to keep Ryan so I think we will play quite wide and attacking.

Compared to Jordan and McMillan they are miles behind but it depends on how they will be used.

They're not unbalanced at all, they are different, which is good, because it's more difficult to deal with defensively. With Cardle being a very attacking winger and Talbot being a supporting rather than attacking full-back is exactly what you want. Similarly, with Paton being a deeper winger and Williamson being more of an attacking full-back that is again exactly what you want. The styles of our full-backs coupled with the wingers compliments their respective style and abilities perfectly. 

Talbot is very solid defensively but won't look to overlap very often, a very solid, professional left-back, the Manager really likes him because he executes his role efficiently and rarely puts a foot wrong.

Fordyce looked like one of the best leaders we've had in the side for years until he got injured, provided he can get back to full fitness in order to stake his claim as first-choice then we're not going to find a better player to marshall the defense.

We'll look to play as similar as possible to last season but obviously more defensively minded, I think that may actually work in our favour because we tended to play poorer when teams sat in deep and played for a draw. When they came at us looking to attack the space was there for us to wreak havoc, the full extent of which we saw in the first few games of last season, after that the teams we played were a lot, lot more focussed on sitting deep and hitting us on the break. 

Our greatest strength is the combination of pace, intelligence and quality in our attack, that works best against teams who are looking to have a go rather than sit back.

I think you'll appreciate Talbot more when he comes up against wingers that can actually cause us serious problems and we need him to stop.

You'll learn to accept that Dunfermline fans think their team are top 6 Premiership quality and that it's an insult to all those that grace East End Park that they are having to play and watch Championship football. That's just the way of it.

Literally the only people who ever say anything even remotely like that are Rovers fans when talking about how arrogant Dunfermline fans are and a handful of the zoomiest zoomers on .net

We're extremely arrogant towards Rovers fans because we're bigger and better than you and the vast majority of the time we have the beating of you, especially when it really matters.

Plus it winds you lot up something awful.  :P

They're not unbalanced at all, they are different, which is good, because it's more difficult to deal with defensively. With Cardle being a very attacking winger and Talbot being a supporting rather than attacking full-back is exactly what you want. Similarly, with Paton being a deeper winger and Williamson being more of an attacking full-back that is again exactly what you want. The styles of our full-backs coupled with the wingers compliments their respective style and abilities perfectly.

Talbot is very solid defensively but won't look to overlap very often, a very solid, professional left-back, the Manager really likes him because he executes his role efficiently and rarely puts a foot wrong.

Fordyce looked like one of the best leaders we've had in the side for years until he got injured, provided he can get back to full fitness in order to stake his claim as first-choice then we're not going to find a better player to marshall the defense.

We'll look to play as similar as possible to last season but obviously more defensively minded, I think that may actually work in our favour because we tended to play poorer when teams sat in deep and played for a draw. When they came at us looking to attack the space was there for us to wreak havoc, the full extent of which we saw in the first few games of last season, after that the teams we played were a lot, lot more focussed on sitting deep and hitting us on the break.

Our greatest strength is the combination of pace, intelligence and quality in our attack, that works best against teams who are looking to have a go rather than sit back.

I think you'll appreciate Talbot more when he comes up against wingers that can actually cause us serious problems and we need him to stop.

Literally the only people who ever say anything even remotely like that are Rovers fans when talking about how arrogant Dunfermline fans are and a handful of the zoomiest zoomers on .net

We're extremely arrogant towards Rovers fans because we're bigger and better than you and the vast majority of the time we have the beating of you, especially when it really matters.

Plus it winds you lot up something awful. :P

Well that was easy.

Archived