Scottish Championship Winners/Playoffs/Relegated 16/17

Winners, playoffs, relegated.  

369 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

While I am also surprised by how the vote is going, it'll be based on our form under Rae, and the fact he's cleared out the Ian Murray dross signings. If you pro-rated out our form since Rae arrived, we would have been top four. 

Doesn't mean anything really, but that's why people are backing us. It also seems we're going to be lining up with at least 7 centre halves, 2 DMs and Stevie Mallan, so we'll be tough to beat if nothing else.

I think the suggestion of St Mirren finishing top 4 is entirely reasonable IMO.

As you say, your form under Rae was much better and even with Murray still in charge it's unlikely (maybe) that you could have gotten much worse.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judging by the polls, the general opinion is that the league will finish up like this

Hibs

Falkirk

Dundee United

St Mirren

Dunfermline

Raith Rovers

Queen of the South

Morton

Ayr United

Dumbarton

Interesting.

Judging by the polls, the general opinion is that the league will finish up like this HibsFalkirkDundee UnitedSt MirrenDunfermlineRaith RoversQueen of the SouthMortonAyr UnitedDumbarton Interesting.
  Can't see Ayr finishing that high.
A few teams set for an irrelevant season.Too good to worry about bottom 2 and not anywhere near top 4.By xmas I can see a few screaming for May.
Eddie?

TheMessiah, on 22 Jun 2016 - 22:36, said:

Judging by the polls, the general opinion is that the league will finish up like this

Hibs

Falkirk

Dundee United

St Mirren

Dunfermline

Raith Rovers

Queen of the South

Morton

Ayr United

Dumbarton

Interesting.

I'd switch Ayr United and Dumbarton and maybe have Raith closer to the bottom. But many of those middle teams will be a bit of a muchness. Can see that top four being spot on and them all being a bit away from the rest too.

I'd switch Ayr United and Dumbarton and maybe have Raith closer to the bottom. But many of those middle teams will be a bit of a muchness. Can see that top four being spot on and them all being a bit away from the rest too.

Dundee United will be lucky to finish 4th

can see St. Mirren doing well tbf, my pick for champions next season.

Hibs

Falkirk

Dundee United

St Mirren

Dunfermline

Raith Rovers

Queen of the South

Morton

Ayr United

Dumbarton

Interesting.

I reckon these were my exact predictions. Spooky....

Hibs look like they'll have a largely settled team and might have a manager now in place who isn't going to hinder them. If Mcgeouch can stay fit and they keep McGinn I reckon they'll win it by about 7-8 points.

Our team is settled and we've added well so far. Goalkeeper is a concern until we add another in that position but that'll hopefully be sorted soon. I'm feeling fairly confident but unless Hibs are dire again their budget is too big for us to finish above them.

Dundee United are the big unknown, they were beyond dross last season and barely have anyone signed. They'll probably start slowly then improve.

St Mirren got better as the season went on and look stronger on paper than Dunfermline (unproven at this level and thin up front), Morton (managed by a clown and squad doesn't look too great) and Raith (managed by a buffoon).

Queens will be in trouble IMO, their team compared to 15 months or so ago is frighteningly bad and Skelton is a complete unknown. Dumbarton are being underrated I think and should be competitive with the lower midtable group at least. I don't know a great deal about Ayr but I think they'll need to add 3-4 more Championship level players based on the handful of tines I saw them last year.

So with absolutely no confidence I will predict

Hibs

Falkirk

Dundee United

St Mirren

Morton

Dunfermline

Raith

Dumbarton

Queens

Ayr

Hibs look like they'll have a largely settled team and might have a manager now in place who isn't going to hinder them. If Mcgeouch can stay fit and they keep McGinn I reckon they'll win it by about 7-8 points.

Our team is settled and we've added well so far. Goalkeeper is a concern until we add another in that position but that'll hopefully be sorted soon. I'm feeling fairly confident but unless Hibs are dire again their budget is too big for us to finish above them.

Dundee United are the big unknown, they were beyond dross last season and barely have anyone signed. They'll probably start slowly then improve.

St Mirren got better as the season went on and look stronger on paper than Dunfermline (unproven at this level and thin up front), Morton (managed by a clown and squad doesn't look too great) and Raith (managed by a buffoon).

Queens will be in trouble IMO, their team compared to 15 months or so ago is frighteningly bad and Skelton is a complete unknown. Dumbarton are being underrated I think and should be competitive with the lower midtable group at least. I don't know a great deal about Ayr but I think they'll need to add 3-4 more Championship level players based on the handful of tines I saw them last year.

So with absolutely no confidence I will predict

Hibs

Falkirk

Dundee United

St Mirren

Morton

Dunfermline

Raith

Dumbarton

Queens

Ayr

I think that's the relevant word here.

Lennon has managed 2 teams and I reckon you or I could have achieved similar results with both of them. Still, Celtic must have seen something in him to have appointed him in the first place and I reckon his friendship with Brendan will see a few loans coming his way. Henderson, Allan or Christie for example.

Your prediction of final placings is likely to be not too far off, depending, of course, on the eventual squads available.

Gary Locke isn't a great manager but he's not that bad. He's not going to take a playoff side and turn them into mid table dross.

Fourth in a ten team league is roughly mid table, he drops them one place and they are bang in mid table.

Utd

Hibs

St mirren

Falkirk

Queens

Morton

Dunfermline

Raith

Ayr

Dumbarton

Slow start by utd but hibs hit mid season blip. Lemmon sacked by March, hibs blow playoffs, Falkirk win playoff final against the fun 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Archived