Scottish Championship Winners/Playoffs/Relegated 16/17

Winners, playoffs, relegated.  

369 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee United
Hibs
St Mirren
Falkirk
Raith
Morton
Dunfermline
Queen of the South
Ayr
Dumbarton

Dunfermline won't be as good as lots of people seem to think and Falkirk will struggle to have as good a season again I reckon.

24 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think people are under-rating Raith on here a bit. I think they could have a very good season.

Quite possibly, but we need to really see how things go when the real stuff starts.

Will get a better idea this weekend, at home to an Alloa side who are flying so far. 

Our squad is decent though - kept the bulk of last seasons squad and recruited alot better than anyone thought we would.

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

to an Alloa side who are flying so far. 

Well, that's hardly surprising when they have a living legend pulling the strings in midfield.

Jim :wub:

I just think folk predicting Raith to come in the bottom three (or wherever) is a bit odd given how convincingly you finished fourth in a tough league last year.

I dont think we will finish 4th again.  The fact we were so comfortable was down to the team below us not being up to much.  Indeed we were toiling a bit until Jan,  when Mckinnon brought in a few loans and we got rid of Daly/Wighton.  Our form since Jan was the best in the league (including Rangers) - i doubt we can repeat that run.

St Mirren will be up to more this season, and Dunfermline will be there or thereabouts.  I expect to finish 5th/6th which wouldnt be a disaster.  Although looking at the discontent down Falkirk way, maybe they wont be as good as previously thought.

We should have more about us to be above Ayr, Dumbarton and probably Morton/Queens too I would hope. 

Also Locke is an unknown at this level.  Failed at Premiership level, but so have plenty managers. 

Well, that's hardly surprising when they have a living legend pulling the strings in midfield.

Jim :wub:

I just think folk predicting Raith to come in the bottom three (or wherever) is a bit odd given how convincingly you finished fourth in a tough league last year.

When they came second years ago they finished the following year in about seventh, likewise we plummeted one year after finishing second. The squad looks good, Locke looks dodgy.

Tbf, we plummeted as the club had to make massive cut backs and there was a general atmosphere of doom around the place after that.

The day Dunfermline won the title, Mcglynn was speaking to the press about massive cutbacks and how tough the next season would be.

We will likely be mid table, cant see how anyone can say with any certainty we would be any lower than that. 

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Tbf, we plummeted as the club had to make massive cut backs and there was a general atmosphere of doom around the place after that.

The day Dunfermline won the title, Mcglynn was speaking to the press about massive cutbacks and how tough the next season would be.

We will likely be mid table, cant see how anyone can say with any certainty we would be any lower than that. 

Would be surprised if Rovers finished outside the 5th to 7th bracket. (That's where I would put my money on Dunfermline finishing as well)

Archived