Scottish Championship Winners/Playoffs/Relegated 16/17

Winners, playoffs, relegated.  

369 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez, what chance have we when even our own diehards have us deid and buried ??

I'm a realistic diehard, OKI  ;) .  We're, of course, capable of finishing 8th or higher but I expect every other team to have more resources to call on than us this year and I feel we'll be doing exceptionally well to avoid the drop.

Hibs should win it with their budget but you just never know, I think we will finish comfortably in the playoffs with United and I think St.Mirren could sneak in there this year. Ayr I think may struggle and will go down, Dunfermline will stay up, Hard to guage how Raith will do under Locke, the rest are much of a muchness with possibly Dumbarton in the relegation play off place.

Is it purely the Gary Locke factor that have people placing Raith lower than Dunfermline? Looking at both squads at the moment I'd say Raith are comfortably better. I'm not seeing Dunfermline's squad to be as strong as others are predicting. As good a signing that Reilly is, the rest of their team is about as "meh" as our squad.

Likewise you have us third bottom, a Morton side who were nowhere near as impressive in the diddy leagues.

We won't do as well as QoTS did in there first season up but it's reasonable to assume we'll compete just as well as Morton, and could do better. Regardless of how solid your squad looks it's incredible what a bad manager can do, we're a prime example from a couple of seasons ago.

Fwiw Stirling was one of our worse players that years, absolutely horrendous. Evidently he's alright though.

Likewise you have us third bottom, a Morton side who were nowhere near as impressive in the diddy leagues.

We won't do as well as QoTS did in there first season up but it's reasonable to assume we'll compete just as well as Morton, and could do better. Regardless of how solid your squad looks it's incredible what a bad manager can do, we're a prime example from a couple of seasons ago.

Fwiw Stirling was one of our worse players that years, absolutely horrendous. Evidently he's alright though.

Fair point. 

You're probably not wrong, I just find some of the logic used in these threads baffling.

Hibs

Dundee Utd

Falkirk

St Mirren

Raith

Dunfermline

Dumbarton

QoS

Morton

Ayr

We need to get on with signing folk, then I can get some false hope for the coming season. 'Til then, our current squad is pretty patchy.

Impossible to say that given that Skelton hasn't managed before.

I'll admit that Locke's record is poor, but he's got a decent squad of players there and if he can add 1 or 2 to that group then I doubt they'll be as chronic as folk make out.  It just seems strange to me that people are placing what looks like a fairly average Dunfermline team so high in the league over a Raith team that performed very well last year.  You could be right, I'm just not seeing what Dunfermline have that is propelling them close to the top 4 in a lot of predictions.

You're right, our fans are getting very confident. I don't see what this is based on. Our defence will be very young and unproven and we are already a winger down and overall our squad is weaker than last season.

Still a few weeks yet but I would only be confident of beating or challenging three sides. Ayr, Dumbarton and Morton. 

We need a right back and two strikers plus another two ideally like McAusland and a winger.

You're right, our fans are getting very confident. I don't see what this is based on. Our defence will be very young and unproven and we are already a winger down and overall our squad is weaker than last season.

Still a few weeks yet but I would only be confident of beating or challenging three sides. Ayr, Dumbarton and Morton. 

We need a right back and two strikers plus another two ideally like McAusland and a winger.

What's wrong with Williamson? If you are talking in terms of cover then Martin can provide it decent enough.

If there is an urgent replacement needed due to injury AJ his proven himself more than capable of bringing in the quality required.

AJ has said himself we need two more strikers, which implies we are sticking with two up front next season, he's also said that signings are in the works in that respect, presumably one of them hinges on Faissal's decision.

We can easily pick up a decent winger on loan/free, Paton and Cardle will be first choice.

We have Ashcroft, BRE, Fordyce and Martin which seems like 4 good centre-back options tbh, Wedderburn can also play there if/when needed. was kind of disappointed to see Reid go but I'd imagine he'd be asking for too much considering we'd be using him as backup, I also can't imagine him being satisfied with being backup.

Right now our strongest 11 would be (in my opinion)

Murdoch

Williamson - Ashcroft - BRE/Fordyce(if fit) - Talbot

Paton - Geggan - Wedderburn - Cardle

Reailly/Faissal(if staying) - Moffat

Looking at that I'd say we need cover at CM after losing Falky and Byrne, behing Geggan and Wedderburn I can't see who we have. Perhaps backup for Williamson but wouldn't be too disappointed to use Martin for cover. Cover/competition for Moffat, I like Moffat and he had a very good season last season but I have a funny feeling he won't handle the step-up at all well so I think we need a good link-up striker for if/when that happens.

:lol: how can you possibly think you'll win the league when you have half a team?

Pretty sure you just bit.

:lol: how can you possibly think you'll win the league when you have half a team?

Ayr only have 9 first team players (if the squad list thread is up to date) and you have them finishing above Dumbarton who have a first 11 and a couple of subs to spare.  It's obviously based on how you think teams will go over the season than their squad at the moment.

Falkirk

Dundee united

At mirren

Dunfermline

Raith

Hibs

Qots

Ayr

Morton

Dumbarton

Falkirk were the best team that we played in the league last season.

United have a good manager who knows what he's doing

St mirren improved in the latter part of last season and will do a lot better this season .

The promotion bounce for the pars, they'll be full of confidence.

I can see Raith slipping a bit and hibs still struggling to deal with teams sitting in, plus their manager doesn't deal with pressure well.

Falkirk

Dundee united

At mirren

Dunfermline

Raith

Hibs

Qots

Ayr

Morton

Dumbarton

Falkirk were the best team that we played in the league last season.

United have a good manager who knows what he's doing

St mirren improved in the latter part of last season and will do a lot better this season .

The promotion bounce for the pars, they'll be full of confidence.

I can see Raith slipping a bit and hibs still struggling to deal with teams sitting in, plus their manager doesn't deal with pressure well.

These guys did us a big favour in ensuring your lot had vacated this league in time for our arrival.

Please f**k off again.

Better yet, post more in the cup final thread.

Impossible to say that given that Skelton hasn't managed before.

Skelton was manager of Workington in the Northern Premier League for the year before he joined us as Fowler's assistant. He took them to 2nd in their League, 2 points behind FC United of Manchester, but they lost to Ilkeston in the playoffs.

Archived