Group B: Battle Stations

jagfox

This is tremendous viewing. England, once again, are leaving huge swathes of space in defence with this utterly pointless, suicidal, overly attacking style that Hodgsons been forced into by moronic fans and pundits who assume playing such a style still has a place in the modern game. If Slovakia had any balls they'd actually put a centre forward on the pitch, tell Hamsik to stay near him, and then just destroy England on the counter as it'll be 2v2 every time.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are certain folk acting as though England are five up, it's 0-0 with the slovakia keeper having made what just two saves :lol:

Slovakia are a good outfit who could very well catch England on the break second half.

England will most likely win all their games. Which really gives Scotland a real chance.

Absolutely. If Germany had done their job properly we'd have been in France without too much fuss.

Slovakia away are maybe a different proposition, beating Spain in the last campaign - they also lost to Belarus, mind you.

Part of me is watching this starting to feel optimistic, the other part realises we can't even get there and Slovakia probably view us as we view Lithuania - three points at home a given, and a tricky away game but if you want to qualify you have to win...

This is tremendous viewing. England, once again, are leaving huge swathes of space in defence with this utterly pointless, suicidal, overly attacking style that Hodgsons been forced into by moronic fans and pundits who assume playing such a style still has a place in the modern game. If Slovakia had any balls they'd actually put a centre forward on the pitch, tell Hamsik to stay near him, and then just destroy England on the counter as it'll be 2v2 every time.

They're not doing this so England's style is fine. Why hang back against a team that won't attack?

Essentially all three England performances have been the same.  Dominate possession against weaker teams but don't really translate that into actual chances, although I think they are much more dangerous up front with Vardy and Sturridge on the field.

The question is when England fail to dominate possession against better teams what happens then?

I don't really see too many good teams in this competition though so I think England could easily get to the semi finals without really being spectacular, depending on the the KO round draw.

They're not doing this so England's style is fine. Why hang back against a team that won't attack?

Because having seven of your players 30 yards from the opposition goal, when the opposition is camping everyone behind the ball, is fucking stupid.

Aye... And if they do end up doing something like that and that hypothetical situation did happen (which I really doubt tbh) then they could easily change it.

If Gareth Bale actually tried to pass the ball instead of shooting half the time, Wales could be about 5 nil up. Reminds me that guy in your team who never passed and tried to skin folk all the time. Despite that, he looks miles better than anyone else in the pitch.

Absolutely. If Germany had done their job properly we'd have been in France without too much fuss.

Slovakia away are maybe a different proposition, beating Spain in the last campaign - they also lost to Belarus, mind you.

Part of me is watching this starting to feel optimistic, the other part realises we can't even get there and Slovakia probably view us as we view Lithuania - three points at home a given, and a tricky away game but if you want to qualify you have to win...

Scotland 0 Slovakia 0 is a nailed on banker. There's no chance Scotland will break these guys down.

Archived