EU Ref - Closing Statements

Scary Bear

Well put!

Vote Remain.

Don't let the backward thinking Brexiteers drag the country down

Quite the opposite. BREXITEERS are the only bunch who are actually looking forward, understanding and accepting the challenge, and ready to take it on for the sake of all you others.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

xenophobic - ? I don't think so. After all - I did move south of Hadrian's Wall. And I've even been across the water to France.

As for the rest of your statement - not worth a considered comment.

Why are you happy for "child molesters and rapists" to have free movement "to commit their evil acts" between the nations of Britain?

If for no other reason, than keeping the British pub bores who reside on the Costa Blanca, incidentally who are probably too thick to realise their Leave stance could possibly upset their fry-up in the sun year round, out of pubs here.

Vote Remain

Bring them back. It would undoubtedly help your economy.

I wish I had thought up Lionheart as an alias.

He's certainly a troll of the highest calibre.

My given name is in fact Richard. I was first dubbed Lionheart for my part in the SNP campaign in the 60's that returned Mrs Winifred Ewing as the SNP member to Parliament. If you can find them, see the TV newsreels of the day when the results were announced. I was on top of the gatepost at St Johns Grammar school, guitar in hand, leading the celebrations.

I like a good positive message. That was easy to understand. You just gave me the facts.

Which way do I have to vote to stop my fat stupid face being smashed in?

Can I reclaim my postal vote to prevent this vicious beating?

I'm not doing all the work for you.

Just waiting for Ruth Davidson to update me on your postal ballot, then we'll see what's what.

You seem awful touchy, with the red dots and all!

Perhaps you should just declare UDI for yourself?

What a sad pathetic life you must lead

Kirky ? Village of the damned!!!

f**k your "incestuous, corrupt, failing ... great nation", you xenophobic nutjob.

A bit worrying that you're happy for "rapists and child molesters" to move freely between Scotland, England and Northern Ireland as long as they're British, though. Vile, frankly.

Had you forgotten about WALES, being a proud part of our wider Great Britain.

Had you forgotten about WALES, being a proud part of our wider Great Britain.

Nope, I didn't. Why are you happy for "child molesters and rapists" to have free movement "to commit their evil acts" between the nations of Britain?

Decisions are made by those who show up. The EU isn't undemocratic; it's the most democratic way the world has gone about cooperating on trade, labour standards, tackling organised and cross-border crime and security pretty much ever. Is it perfect? No, but the alternative is an arrangement where we broadly have to abide by exactly the same rules but don't get any say in how they are made.

Trade deals take years, not months, to get right, and unless you are willing to capitulate to the demands of countries like China, you're not going to get a quick deal that's still in your interests. That isn't taking back control; that's giving it away.

We should be unapologetically proud of being an open and welcoming country on immigration. Those who claim it has material drawbacks that are the fault of the European Union are simply wrong. Our economy and public services would be on their knees without both the skilled and willing and dedicated unskilled labour EU citizens bring to it. We have the lowest unemployment rate in the EU: let's keep it that way.

If you want to take back control of your country the only people you need to take back control from are the hateful insular fuckwits who want to stop the world so Britain can get off in the 1950s. So vote Remain, and then vote in the next European elections to kick David Coburn out of office. It's not complicated.

I know I shall regret saying this but your face turn on this subject has been glorious. Top boi!

Remainers, who have been campaigning at a national level are mostly politicians and senior business gaffers with a strong personal and financial interest in staying in, and with a great fear for their personal fortunes and careers if the Leave vote wins. Leavers are also mostly politicians and senior business gaffers who have been campaigning at a national level and want to take this one off opportunity to let the UK get back on its own two feet, get rid of the incestuous, corrupt, failing EU and give our great nation a chance to shine again. They have no fear for their fortunes or careers. They all accept that it will be difficult for as long as ten years but after that, then, literally, the world will again be our oyster. A small price to pay to regain our national identity, independence and the ability to control our own future, and that of our descendants.

The NHS won't suffer. It is not funded by the EU. If we need to employ resources from outside of the UK, then we can do so. Our new government - whoever they may be after the next General election, will have the power to rewrite the rules on employing non UK residents.

We WILL be able to refuse entry to the criminals, undesirables, rapists and child molesters who currently are free to enter our country and we seem unable to expel when they continue their evil practices.

We will be able to trade with the rest of the world, as well as those in the EU who want to continue to sell to us such as BMW, Mercedes, Porsche and so on. Much of our key exports to the EU will continue because they want our products and the quality and reliability for which we are famous.

London will continue to be a leading centre of business and finance in the western world. Major companies will still want a presence here and will invest accordingly.

It won't lead to war. It has not been the EU that has kept the peace since the end of WW2. It has been the lesson learned across Europe and most of the rest of the world from WW1 and WW2. Nobody (of any sense) wants that to happen again. We will continue to be a leading member of NATO and the UN, who have done more than the EU in managing those stupid conflicts that have kicked off around the world.

So - in summary - to leave is a golden opportunity for improvement. The NHS will go on, and probably get better. We will be able to keep out the baddies, and get rid of those who do slip in. We will continue to trade profitably with the EU and the rest of the world, but on better terms. Our international reputation will grow and we will all benefit in the long run. To stay is just more of the same thing we have all been moaning about for the last 30 or more years.

have I missed anything important ??

GERRUSOUTOFIT!!!!!!!!

I kindly invite all of you to vote LEAVE. Voting to stay is akin to cowardice and denying your descendants the future they deserve. Worst of all - NOT to vote is treasonous.

Please vote.

I'm an ex-pat - GET ME OUT OF IT.

Bet you voted against Scotland's independence too

f**k your "incestuous, corrupt, failing ... great nation", you xenophobic nutjob.

A bit worrying that you're happy for "rapists and child molesters" to move freely between Scotland, England and Northern Ireland as long as they're British, though. Vile, frankly.

Such a great point, what a great poster.

Archived