EU Ref - Closing Statements

Scary Bear

Is that the New Labour closing statement? Sounds like something Uncle Tony from Mad Magazine would come up with.

No, I'm basing it on the people I know (though I hasten to add am not friends with) who loudly go on about voting leave. Same sorts who talk about 'when Britain was great' and use sentences like 'I'm only saying what we are all thinking' usually after being challenged for saying something racist.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bet you voted against Scotland's independence too

Sorry - but as an ex pat living below Hadrian's Wall I wasn't given a vote. Although, as an individual who made a very major and positive contribution to Mrs Winifred Ewing's election to Parliament in the 60's, had I been allowed a vote I would most definitely have voted against Independence. Scotland (God's Own Country) was no more ready then for Independence in the 60's than it was in the recent referendum.

Sorry - but as an ex pat living below Hadrian's Wall I wasn't given a vote. Although, as an individual who made a very major and positive contribution to Mrs Winifred Ewing's election to Parliament in the 60's, had I been allowed a vote I would most definitely have voted against Independence. Scotland (God's Own Country) was no more ready then for Independence in the 60's than it was in the recent referendum.

You sound like a lovely chap to share a beer with.

Sorry - but as an ex pat living below Hadrian's Wall I wasn't given a vote. Although, as an individual who made a very major and positive contribution to Mrs Winifred Ewing's election to Parliament in the 60's, had I been allowed a vote I would most definitely have voted against Independence. Scotland (God's Own Country) was no more ready then for Independence in the 60's than it was in the recent referendum.

Trolls really are poor nowadays

You sound like a lovely chap to share a beer with.

Sorry - I don't share my beer, whisky etc with anyone. It's not how I was brought up. Nonetheless, I am always happy to buy a stranger a drink and to sit with them until we are both totally and absolutely in agreement about being completely smashed.

My face turn? I have consistently supported EU membership...

I never said you didn't. I was simply alluding to the fact that you've finally said some things that I can relate to and agree with. Take a compliment, you won't get many.

Knew it, shitebag.

You could equally say 'Vote leave cause every remain-er is also a bellend and the seethe will be tremendous'

Spot on Willie. The level of "debate" has been absolutely atrocious.

From Labour Leave.

"REAKING NEWS: Holland announce they intend to table a motion in their Parliament to have a referendum to leave the EU if Brexit wins. They intend to do this the very next day. The president of Holland has also stated that Denmark, France and Sweden are looking to follow ... interesting timing. The whole rotten edifice is coming apart, so where is the security in the EU now? Please let everyone know ... we may now finally get a Common Market instead of USE if we leave. There are now countries waiting for us to leave ....Be strong, be European and leave the EU."

From Labour Leave.

"REAKING NEWS: Holland announce they intend to table a motion in their Parliament to have a referendum to leave the EU if Brexit wins. They intend to do this the very next day. The president of Holland has also stated that Denmark, France and Sweden are looking to follow ... interesting timing. The whole rotten edifice is coming apart, so where is the security in the EU now? Please let everyone know ... we may now finally get a Common Market instead of USE if we leave. There are now countries waiting for us to leave ....Be strong, be European and leave the EU."

Yeah they are full of shite,seemingly albania  is joining next tuesday aswell according to that lot.The leavers are pumping any old shite out just now

Archived