EU Ref - Closing Statements

Scary Bear

Make your mark! Try and persuade the last few undecideds why they should vote Leave or Remain.

For me, it's an ideological thing. Do you want to be United States of Europe or not. I am not sure I do want that.

The turnout for the European Parliament elections has never got above 38.52% in any of the 8 elections, with a low of 24% in 1999. Clearly very few people care. This allows nutters like the BNP and UKIP to become MEPs. So, even the people we send across to represent us are the likes of the 22 UKIP MEPs. UKIP are the UK party with the greatest number of MEPs. This shows our general contempt for it all.

Vote Leave.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make your mark! Try and persuade the last few undecideds why they should vote Leave or Remain.

For me, it's an ideological thing. Do you want to be United States of Europe or not.

Lol

The whole thing has been a fucking farce, a Tory middle England indulgence.

Vote Remain

Decisions are made by those who show up. The EU isn't undemocratic; it's the most democratic way the world has gone about cooperating on trade, labour standards, tackling organised and cross-border crime and security pretty much ever. Is it perfect? No, but the alternative is an arrangement where we broadly have to abide by exactly the same rules but don't get any say in how they are made.

Trade deals take years, not months, to get right, and unless you are willing to capitulate to the demands of countries like China, you're not going to get a quick deal that's still in your interests. That isn't taking back control; that's giving it away.

We should be unapologetically proud of being an open and welcoming country on immigration. Those who claim it has material drawbacks that are the fault of the European Union are simply wrong. Our economy and public services would be on their knees without both the skilled and willing and dedicated unskilled labour EU citizens bring to it. We have the lowest unemployment rate in the EU: let's keep it that way.

If you want to take back control of your country the only people you need to take back control from are the hateful insular fuckwits who want to stop the world so Britain can get off in the 1950s. So vote Remain, and then vote in the next European elections to kick David Coburn out of office. It's not complicated.

Who do you trust the most?

Nigel, BoJo etc.?

If we leave the right wing of the Tory Party will eventually return the middle and working classes to the days before there were any workers' or human rights.

Vote Remain, but make sure you know why!

If for no other reason, than keeping the British pub bores who reside on the Costa Blanca, incidentally who are probably too thick to realise their Leave stance could possibly upset their fry-up in the sun year round, out of pubs here.

Vote Remain

I am massively concerned by the corporate nature of the eu - and it's economically neoliberal tendencies.

But voting leave at this time does not seem to bring any positive change. The leave campaign has been dominated by hateful, divided politics (although project fear by remain is scarcely better).

Brexit is a grenade option. I'm not in a position where I want such an extreme solution - but I can understand those who are more desperate with less to lose.

I am massively concerned by the corporate nature of the eu - and it's economically neoliberal tendencies.

But voting leave at this time does not seem to bring any positive change. The leave campaign has been dominated by hateful, divided politics (although project fear by remain is scarcely better).

Brexit is a grenade option. I'm not in a position where I want such an extreme solution - but I can understand those who are more desperate with less to lose.

Very similar to the IndyRef tbh!

Archived