Champions League 2016/17

lichtie23

Brilliant stuff. Falcao could have thrown in away though with that awful penalty, no matter how good his chip was later.  City were reeling at that time and going 3-1 down could have led to a bit of a cuffing.

The keeper error at the other end within minutes was some turnaround.

Monaco will be absolutely kicking themselves.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't remember when I watched a game as entertaining as that, especially in the Champions League. No way were city winning that after Monaco started to turn it on and Falcao scored that delicious chip but Monaco didn't know what to do when City attacked them. Every time either team went forward I was expecting a goal.

10 hours ago, Afro said:

Monaco will still fancy their chances in the second leg, no doubt about it. Both teams couldn't defend to save themselves, second leg is a definite watch now.

100% , looking forward to second leg , monaco scoring first will make it very interesting. 

thought monaco were the better side for 60-65 mins and then just capitulated

Just great to watch.

Yeah an amazing game of football. That's why it is worth tuning in to these games even if the majority of them are dull, you get the odd cracker like this or the PSG game.

Using this to slag off Scottish Football though, trolling or otherwise is a complete minter [emoji85].

Yeah an amazing game of football. That's why it is worth tuning in to these games even if the majority of them are dull, you get the odd cracker like this or the PSG game.

Using this to slag off Scottish Football though, trolling or otherwise is a complete minter [emoji85].

Who was doing that?

Unbelievable character from City, this tie has completely turned around.

That this is even the same sport as the utter dross in the Scottish league we get served up here is incomprehensible. This really is football at its best.

Oh my god will you please shut the f**k up.

44 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

A good game in the Champions League = Scottish football is shite? I don't get the link.

Why would he post on a Scottish football forum if he thinks the football up here is that dross?

I assumed he was on the wind up. You find great games at every level of football, and shite ones at every level too.

Man City do tend to be involved in high-scoring games, to be fair. But a large part of the reason is that their defence is fairly shite for a team of their resources.

I watched the Leverkusen v Atletico game last night as it was on cooncil telly here. Was also an excellent game of football to watch, both sides having numerous chances to score more.

I assumed he was on the wind up. You find great games at every level of football, and shite ones at every level too.

Man City do tend to be involved in high-scoring games, to be fair. But a large part of the reason is that their defence is fairly shite for a team of their resources.

I don't pay that much attention to the English game but whatever happened to Kompany? He's always looked great when I've seen him, I know he was injured during the Euros, still injured?

Archived