WWE Cruiserweight Classic

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bernardblack

Only watched a few of these, but are the crowd that DEAD for all of these?

Also, do not see the appeal of Zack Sabre Jr one bit.

Another great episode on Wednesday

Ciampa vs Gargano was absolutely brilliant.  Probably the best match there's been so far.  Absolutely brutal in points, and despite only getting around 12 minutes, they told a fantastic story.  Nice to see the ending like that too, played to absolute perfection by everyone involved.

Noam Dar looked pretty good, but wasn't really given much to work with.

Jason Lee vs...I can't remember the guy.  Match was alright, but seemed like it ended far too quickly.  The standing 450 is extremely impressive to look at, but is it really a finisher?  Seems more like a signature to me, didn't really seem like something that would put a guy down for 3. 

I'll go on record and say that I hate Jack Gallagher.  Not because I think he's shit or anything, because he really isn't, but he's got a very punchable face and attitude.  He'd make a tremendous heel if they brought him into NXT/WWE.  Was quite impressed with the Italian too, pretty athletic for a man of his size.  He botched one move off the ropes, but the double springboard moonsault was beautiful.  As was him juggling Gallagher around before hitting him with the powerbomb.

The Billy Robinson chat during the Gallagher bout made me go back and pig out in the Inoki vs Robinson classic 2/3 falls match from 1975 on NJPW World. If you don't like catch don't put yourself through the 75 minutes of it but otherwise...get it watched....what an absolute joy! Sure most of it is on YT too

5 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Only watched a few of these, but are the crowd that DEAD for all of these?

Also, do not see the appeal of Zack Sabre Jr one bit.

Crowd were fairly noisy in the early going, but I think they filmed the whole of round 1 in 1 night, so maybe not surprising the crowd have gone a bit flat after 16 matches! 

See they only advertised two bouts for next week. Intro graphics say it's a 10 week run, so two 2nd round matches a week now would take us up to 8 shows. With two shows left for QF's, SF's and a final. Not sure how they are planning on working it, do you think we might end up getting the semi's and/or final on a PPV instead? Was hoping that wouldn't be the case as it would probably be lucky to get 10 minutes that way. 

17 minutes ago, Christophe said:

See they only advertised two bouts for next week. Intro graphics say it's a 10 week run, so two 2nd round matches a week now would take us up to 8 shows. With two shows left for QF's, SF's and a final. Not sure how they are planning on working it, do you think we might end up getting the semi's and/or final on a PPV instead? Was hoping that wouldn't be the case as it would probably be lucky to get 10 minutes that way. 

Did have that thought too but assume that some of the matches will be shorter/longer.  Ibushi vs Alexander is hyped up, so assume that'll be a bit longer, maybe a bit more build-up.  Assume they won't go 2 matches a show for the entire second round.  If they do three on the following two weeks, that wraps it up with three shows left for the quarters onwards.  Two quarter finals on each of the next two weeks, then a two hour final show that sees the two semi finals and final take place.

I doubt they would put the final on a proper WWE PPV.  That would completely undo all the hard work they've done to make a separate brand.  Make it a 2 hour network special on the final week, two matches that go close to the distance, and most importantly go out live.  Maybe a tough sell to get people to buy tickets to a show with only three matches, but it's probably the best way to do it. 

10 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I really enjoyed the Gallagher vs Eichner match. It was a shame to see Dar paired up with such a dud, hopefully he can shine a bit more in Round 2.

Think he's got Ho Ho Lun next who wasn't very good either if memory serves. 

Finally got round to watching the last episode, Gallagher was fantastic fun and Ciampa-Gargano was a really good match. Swan-Lee just didn't go long enough and Dar-Shira was an absolute clunker. Shira was by far the worst competitor thus far. Interesting that Dar was the competitor most criticised thus far by Bryan and Ranello for the constant sgowboating. That and the fact that they mentioned his age a lot makes me think he's been told to play it that way. Crowd clearly was not into their match at all.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

The Ciampa-Gargano match was brilliant, really enjoyed it. The moment at the end with the pair of them sitting in the ring together was a lovely touch.

Some move the Lungblower (I think that's what it was called) is too.

Yeah, it's called the lungblower, Ciampa's been using it for a while, calling it Project Ciampa.

Archived